yeah but you get where im aiming at.
    Im thinking frost is mb farmed somehow mb we are overthinking this just throwing it out there

Maybe we are gated behind flying in legion :O

Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post
    I agree with the second paragraph, but I want to say, if Arms hasn't managed to trigger it, then idk if I'd say it counts as found. Sounds an awful lot like the boat we Frosties are in (I understand they basically know what to do from there though, and we're completely in the dark, no pun intended).

And if I've learned one thing from all this HAA stuff is that Blizz wasn't concerned with them being balanced. The range of how hard some are to get compared to others is massive (this is just as much an argument for Frost being highly complex as it is an argument for Frost being gated behind something we can't even get yet). I'd like to say it was kind of cool that they did that, ignored perfect balance in favor of flavor and fun, but most of the appearances have been exceedingly bland in how to obtain, just with wildly varying droprates/time invested = "difficulty". Only Ret, Arcance, and sort-of Disc are anything close to what we've been speculating about Frost. In other words, I don't see any reason not to think they thought (for example), "Tichondrius, Tichondrius...the Darkerner! I know, put it there!" And didn't give a thought to how long it would be before anybody fights him. And many drops come from bosses completely unrelated, what does Dargrul and Ash'Golm have to do with Thunderaan? At least Golm is an elemental, but not wind, and Dargrul isn't an ele at all, but he sort of wields earth powers...

-I was going to continue on a negative rant, but that would do more harm than good-

TL;DR: The other HAAs have been just short of completely random in method, and difficulty. At this point, we can't rule anything out.
    They may not be balanced based on method and difficulty, but that wasn't what I was trying to say. My point was that Blizzard is unlikely to leave one or two specs in the lurch for upwards of 5 months of the expansion when the other 35 specs are able to get theirs today.

Regardless of how random the drop is or how convoluted the process is, 35 of the 37 specs in the game can potentially unlock their appearance today. That tells me that barring a glitch, the other two are also available because despite what we might want to think, Blizzard is not going to screw over the remaining two specs like that.

As for the Thunderfury skin, Ash'Golm is supposedly one of Ragnaros's lieutenants so it makes sense that a binding would drop from him, and maybe Dargrul found the other among the various other relics/treasure in Deathwing's old house.

edit:

To clarify, my point about balance wasn't regarding things being completely equal, but more the fact that Blizz has a strong stance of there being no such thing as "picking the wrong class/spec" (outside of the tank/heal/dps roles). Gating a single (or even two) appearances behind a drop from a boss in a raid that currently isn't scheduled to be released for another 3 months when ALL of the other appearances are already available is the equivalent of telling those specs "Haha! You picked the wrong spec!" and Blizzard has historically tried to avoid that kind of gameplay.
    Last edited by aroth; 2016-10-12 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enossdrnomfg View Post
    yeah but you get where im aiming at.
    Im thinking frost is mb farmed somehow mb we are overthinking this just throwing it out there
    If it was simple someone would have found it already, so either its locked behind AK10 or something crazy like that or its incredibly complicated/dificult to get.

@aroth i couldnt have said it better myself and i agree with you. Blizzard wont single out a spec or class. That would risk sub numbers.

Im loving the mystery in this but im beginning to feel like a detective in a cold case investigation. No clues or leads. Just whispers and rumours

Quote Originally Posted by CaldwenDK View Post
    @aroth i couldnt have said it better myself and i agree with you. Blizzard wont single out a spec or class. That would risk sub numbers.

Im loving the mystery in this but im beginning to feel like a detective in a cold case investigation. No clues or leads. Just whispers and rumours
    And alot of datamining leading nowhere

I feel like you all might be a little too focused on this Futhark fellow. I mean, it's certainly possible that we will have a second lore-based HAA (with Unholy being the first), but it seems unlikely, especially since Blizzard corrected itself and said that Arcane Mages, not Frost DKs, will have a very lore-based HAA. Wasn't there something about the Frost Wyrm Acherus talent acting unusual for Frost, like with reduced cooldowns or whatnot? Doesn't that seem like a major hint towards the Frost HAA?

10+ Year Old Account
    [MENTION=1330497]

Bingo. I had my fun. Put in lots of hours over in the Unholy thread after I bit the bullet and realized everyone would be focusing on the hook first. Quite a few hours silently taking peoples' leads from this thread and exploring them on my own with fruitless results as well.

Like I said, it's been an interesting twist on the game and a nice escape from my normal priorites, but at this point I'm 100% ready to just kick back and wait for one of the world bosses to inevitably drop it. I love a little mystery, but I'd hate to be the guy who puts hundreds of hours into finding something that ends up being a simple drop that we haven't had access to yet.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Bingo. I had my fun. Put in lots of hours over in the Unholy thread after I bit the bullet and realized everyone would be focusing on the hook first. Quite a few hours silently taking peoples' leads from this thread and exploring them on my own with fruitless results as well.

Like I said, it's been an interesting twist on the game and a nice escape from my normal priorites, but at this point I'm 100% ready to just kick back and wait for one of the world bosses to inevitably drop it. I love a little mystery, but I'd hate to be the guy who puts hundreds of hours into finding something that ends up being a simple drop that we haven't had access to yet.
    I agree with you but in saying that... if there are 100 people looking for the skin and 90 come to the same conclusion you just mentioned..... then the chances of it being located, if it isnt a world boss drop, are reduced dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    I feel like you all might be a little too focused on this Futhark fellow. I mean, it's certainly possible that we will have a second lore-based HAA (with Unholy being the first), but it seems unlikely, especially since Blizzard corrected itself and said that Arcane Mages, not Frost DKs, will have a very lore-based HAA. Wasn't there something about the Frost Wyrm Acherus talent acting unusual for Frost, like with reduced cooldowns or whatnot? Doesn't that seem like a major hint towards the Frost HAA?
    I remember someone saying its cooldown was much lower on Frost than other specs (almost half iirc) but that actually doesnt make sense since the game has no way to flag a single spec as "primary" anymore and so people with the Frost Wyrm could then swap to Frost before logging out for the night to reduce the CD. Not sure that can even be coded into the game in any real way. Most likely I think whoever said that was trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post
    I remember someone saying its cooldown was much lower on Frost than other specs (almost half iirc) but that actually doesnt make sense since the game has no way to flag a single spec as "primary" anymore and so people with the Frost Wyrm could then swap to Frost before logging out for the night to reduce the CD. Not sure that can even be coded into the game in any real way. Most likely I think whoever said that was trolling.
    I don't know what the CD is for non-frost dks, but I took the frost wyrm research, and my CD is 18 hours. I hope that helps in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminadrya View Post
    I don't know what the CD is for non-frost dks, but I took the frost wyrm research, and my CD is 18 hours. I hope that helps in some way.
    I believe they hotfixed it two patches ago to be 18 hours, because it wasn't worth taking over reanimation at the old 3day cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by aroth View Post

They likely either misinterpreted this:

The cooldown for all Class Hall abilities which allow you to instantly complete a World Quest has been reduced from 3 days to 18 hours, and the time taken to complete the work order for the item used by these abilities has been reduced to 10 minutes.
    Which applies to all class halls. Or they missed that entirely, and went from one class before the hotfix, to a dk after the hotfix, saw the reduced time, and thought it was DK unique...or as you said, trolling. Either way, I doubt it is related.

"To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars."
    "Five keys to open our way. Five torches light our path."
    "The Lord of Ravens will turn the key."
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."
    "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn."
    "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    "At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming."
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength."
    "Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below."

Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    "An illusion? What are you hiding?"
    "Something's not quite right"

See, i can quote random NPCs too. And my quotes have nothing to do with frost appearance either! How cool is that?
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    ... who says all that?

Deleted
    ... who says all that?
    Il'gynoth from Emerald Nightmare Raid

Oh i see.... i dont think any of that has anything to do with frost. Any class would get that dialogue

A few pages back someone mentioned about doing a Death Gate out the front of Stratholme. I find it interesting that will send you somewhere else. Strath makes sense. Arthas and all. It's cryptic enuff. Also it sends us back to Legion content. I'm 103, so no way can get it, but will try it to add to elimination. Heck I might find a new shop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masskara View Post
    A few pages back someone mentioned about doing a Death Gate out the front of Stratholme. I find it interesting that will send you somewhere else. Strath makes sense. Arthas and all. It's cryptic enuff. Also it sends us back to Legion content. I'm 103, so no way can get it, but will try it to add to elimination. Heck I might find a new shop!!
    I think this is a bug similar to the lights hope chapel one qhere the deathgate would send you to the last graveyard on BI you were at or something along those lines