Page 1 of 2
LastLast

One wonders if outside Horde/alliance - Elves get along quite well.

I wonder if outside Horde/alliance - Elves get along quite well.
    Few hints about this, most recently, ofc, Demon Hunters, BElves and NElves get on very well. In Vault of the Wardens, the BElf demon hunter you kill, refers to his NElf captors as his sisters. You get the impression, that the Night elves also very much consider the high elves/blood elves highborne just like the Shen'dralar, prior to horde/alliance membership, we saw Kael'thas and Malfurion/Tyrande get on quite well. When night elves were not in the alliance,

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility. (WC Encyclopedia)

Night elves are particularly hostile toward blood elves: to night elves, the sin'dorei stink of desperation and arcane magic. (WC Encyclopedia)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-10-12 at 10:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    7.1 shows that for the most part, they despise each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Most of the Time we saw them despise each other. Hell, during the Blood Elf Starting Zone you fight the Night Elves even before you join the Horde.

The Illidari are a different case. They are outcasts of both, the Blood Elves and the Night Elves, through what they have become. Their Allegiance is the Illidari in the first Place.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    7.1 shows that for the most part, they despise each other.
    but is that leading to getting over that despising? or is it just temporarily setting aside the hostility to deal with an even more hated enemy.... the Legion.

This is the crux. Rhlor and Mace hope for this evlendom peace thingy, I don't think that's what blizzard is doing here, i think they are putting aside the hostility to fight this menace, and ofc they'll use blood elves to represent the horde, it would be outrageous to then throw orcs or forsaken or trolls for this, when the obvious candidates are here.

According to the Archaelogical quest, the blood elves are there to take the secrets of the nightborne/highborne to make themselves more powerful, at least that's the Reliquary are doing - they reveal to us actually most of the highborne have forgotten much of their knowledge, i dont' think the same can be said for the nightborne, but they are taking advantage of the dropped shield to retrieve secrets and power.

I do not think they are going to be all friendly towards one another. High elves and blood elves perhaps. but not thalassian elves and night elves (whether that will include the nightborne or not, i don't know) but unless something else more marked happens, it would be presumptious to overread into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility. (WC Encyclopedia)

Night elves are particularly hostile toward blood elves: to night elves, the sin'dorei stink of desperation and arcane magic. (WC Encyclopedia)
    yes, but that will not be the position forever, that position can change, however, I don't think this is the episode it will change.

is the source of the night elves' disgust arcane corruption/addiction? or the use of magic that drew the legion and the refusal to listen to them? or both? If it's the first, that is over with since TBC - and they should be fine, except for all the killing of night elves the blood elves did as the horde -that would continue the wound. So even if they're no longer disgusted at using arcane magic, and blood elf hunger/addiction is gone, there is still that. I know why the high/blood elves despise the night elves, it's for exiling them, they view as unfair and unwarranted. We shall see.

Night elves and blood elves got along really well in Frozen Throne. The blood elves are even the reason Tyrande is still alive and Maiev was outed as someone that can't exactly be trusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    but is that leading to getting over that despising? or is it just temporarily setting aside the hostility to deal with an even more hated enemy.... the Legion.

This is the crux. Rhlor and Mace hope for this evlendom peace thingy, I don't think that's what blizzard is doing here, i think they are putting aside the hostility to fight this menace, and ofc they'll use blood elves to represent the horde, it would be outrageous to then throw orcs or forsaken or trolls for this, when the obvious candidates are here.

According to the Archaelogical quest, the blood elves are there to take the secrets of the nightborne/highborne to make themselves more powerful, at least that's the Reliquary are doing - they reveal to us actually most of the highborne have forgotten much of their knowledge, i dont' think the same can be said for the nightborne, but they are taking advantage of the dropped shield to retrieve secrets and power.

I do not think they are going to be all friendly towards one another. High elves and blood elves perhaps. but not thalassian elves and night elves (whether that will include the nightborne or not, i don't know) but unless something else more marked happens, it would be presumptious to overread into it.
    I highly doubt it, The Blood elves have nothing to gain from being friendly with the Night elves, and the Blood elves wouldn't share anything they learned with the night elves either and vice versa.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Night elves and blood elves got along really well in Frozen Throne. The blood elves are even the reason Tyrande is still alive and Maiev was outed as someone that can't exactly be trusted.
    Yeah, but I wouldn't give tooo much about everything of TFT. Maybe they didn't thought about the way Blood Elves and Night Elves view each other that time. You have to consider, the whole Warcraft Lore as it is today, magical addiction, the Light, shamanism, Night Elves, the burning Legion just started with WC3. The High Elves weren't even Mages until wC3, back in WC2 they were nature connected with druids and stuff.

they work together in 7.1

I think that in the future everyone will be friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I sometimes think that was just Tyrande and Kael'thas, since he introduces himself as a Sunstrider and Tyrande both knew and respected Dath'remar Sunstrider back in the War of the Ancients since he worked to save her when she was imprisoned by Azshara and was one of the foremost of the Highborne to commit himself to the side of Malfurion's rebels. Maiev's reactions are probably more the Night Elven norm - curt and gruff, although I suppose that could just be Maiev as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I sometimes think that was just Tyrande and Kael'thas, since he introduces himself as a Sunstrider and Tyrande both knew and respected Dath'remar Sunstrider back in the War of the Ancients since he worked to save her when she was imprisoned by Azshara and was one of the foremost of the Highborne to commit himself to the side of Malfurion's rebels. Maiev's reactions are probably more the Night Elven norm - curt and gruff, although I suppose that could just be Maiev as well.
    do you not get the impression sometimes also that the night elf/blood elf conflict sometimes is over-exaggerated for our benefits, because in some of those odd moments, it seems non-existent, then all of a sudden Khadgar makes that comment which also popped up in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I highly doubt it, The Blood elves have nothing to gain from being friendly with the Night elves, and the Blood elves wouldn't share anything they learned with the night elves either and vice versa.
    wait, wha..? you highly doubt it, then agree with me in your next sentence...?

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, wha..? you highly doubt it, then agree with me in your next sentence...?
    im saying They probably won't ever be friendly, they don't have reason to. But Hatred might go away and they may be curt with each other.
    Holy shit lol

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, originally, I was hoping that all Illidari (Kaldorei, Sin'dorei, Naga, Broken, and various demon races) would be an entire faction and not split between Horde and Alliance. However, with 7.1 being the "elf-patch" it could lead to some interesting alternatives.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    do you not get the impression sometimes also that the night elf/blood elf conflict sometimes is over-exaggerated for our benefits, because in some of those odd moments, it seems non-existent, then all of a sudden Khadgar makes that comment which also popped up in TBC.
    I think the conflict and enmity between Blood Elves and Night Elves is a general thing, but we have a tendency to deal with specific individuals confronting other individuals. Of course in that vignette Kael'thas had yet to sell his people wholesale to the Burning Legion and this was the first meeting of High and Night Elves in what was probably quite a long time. I don't think every individual of the two races has quite the same level of enmity - some may even be friendly, or at least accepting. I can understand where Tyrande and even Vareesa are coming from given current events - Kael'thas' betrayal, the Blood Elves siding with the Horde over the Alliance, and both of them being fresh off traumatic events in their own lives. I think Tyrande is judging the Nightborne and the Blood Elves by their actions of their governments or leaders - and that the overall tenor of enmity may be different on a greater scale.

It's my hope that 7.1 kind of delves deeper into social aspects of the various Elven races - showing us how the rank and file among them feel about their corresponding peers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, originally, I was hoping that all Illidari (Kaldorei, Sin'dorei, Naga, Broken, and various demon races) would be an entire faction and not split between Horde and Alliance. However, with 7.1 being the "elf-patch" it could lead to some interesting alternatives.
    I think most of the Illidari still feel kinship to their own people. After all, most of the Kal'dorei joined because the shit they had to suffer through and the Sin'dorei were loyal soldiers of Quel'thalas. I think once the Legion is banished, most Demon Hunters are going to do their own thing, more classic Demon Hunter like, and helping their own communities, while coming together whenever there is an opportunity to strike against the Legion.

the NE's kind of hates everyone seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    the NE's kind of hates everyone seems like it.
    don't think so, - but then it would fit the xenophobe profile - but no - the y don't hate alliance races, dragons and a whol e lot , just those trying to kill them.

they don't even hate the highborne - only those responsible for brinign the end of the world and they are all either naga or satyr. the blood elf hate is intense because of their faction allegiances.

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't even hate the highborne - only those responsible for brinign the end of the world and they are all either naga or satyr.
    Even the Highborne allowed back into Darnassus are barely tolerated.

the blood elf hate is intense because of their faction allegiances.
    They hate the blood elves and invaded Quel'Thalas before the BElves joined the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Even the Highborne allowed back into Darnassus are barely tolerated.

They hate the blood elves and invaded Quel'Thalas before the BElves joined the Horde.
    But we should be careful or will miss what's actually going down. Tolerated is not hate remember, and that was at the start of Wolfheart, remember how the story progressed, and continued into the release of cataclysm that has that issue with no sign of it remaining. Cast your mind back to the end of Wolfheart where we find out Maiev was the one stirring up hatred, and most night elves didn't feel that way. The lore advances, as you well know.

and yes for part 2, but remember their is no conflict with the high elves atm, there is with the blood elves b/c of faction. Night elves have been progressing guys and remember blizzard tend to want you to dig to fully understand them - otherwise they wouldn't be enigmatic.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-10-14 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tolerated is not hate, and that was at the start of Wolfheart, remember how the story progressed, adn then led onto the release of cataclysm, where we found out Maiev was the one stirring up hatred, and most night elves didn't feel that way. The lore advances, as you well know.
    NElves still hated the Highborne. They barely tolerated the presence because they had to. Tyrande had allowed them back.

and yes for part 2, but whereas the their is no conflict with the high elves, there is with teh blood elves. Night elves have been progressing guys,
    They hate the high elves just as much. They just couldn't do anything against them because of faction allegiances.