Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stop. Farming. Legendaries.

I've seen so many posts of people qqing that they've played the game for 3748989479821 hours and have yet to see a legendary. My issue with this is why are people farming gear that was never meant to be farmed? So many people seem frustrated that they aren't getting legendaries or warforged gear and its pathetic. That stuff was never meant to be farmed. Those items are in the game to add excitement, they aren't something you target or work towards. Your goal should be to farm a full set of non warforged bis gear and if you happen to get a piece with a gem or with a warforged tag its supposed to be a surprise and its supposed to be exciting. What is with this sense of entitlement over RNG gear? I've seen people say " every time loot drops for me and it isn't WF its really frustrating". If one of your friends or guildies gets a legendary and plays a lot less than you who fucking cares that's an advantage for your raid team.. be happy for them. For the record, I don't have any nor am I expecting them to drop at all this expansion and I play almost everyday. These players qqing completely missed the point of this gear.

Play the game your way, they play it their way. Get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownload View Post
    Play the game your way, they play it their way. Get the fuck over it.
    exactly get over it, wipe your tears and move on you only make the game frustrating for yourself when you play it the way you're trying too

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally agree but you're not going to convince anyway to get off the qq train. Legendaries should be seen as a lottery. Guilds should not require a lottery item. You should not expect a lottery item. War forged/Titanforged is honestly a bit of a bigger issue for me. Legendaries are 1 slot MAYBE 2 or 3 for the insanely lucky with a fully upgraded order hall. Titan forged is EVERY slot including weapon due to relics. Thus, however unlikely, could be 50 ilvl higher than another person that runs the same content. Legendaries alone would not account for such power disparities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

I can see this thread is going to go places. Telling people how to play is always the right way to have a long and healthy discussion about a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I personally agree but you're not going to convince anyway to get off the qq train. Legendaries should be seen as a lottery. Guilds should not require a lottery item. You should not expect a lottery item. War forged/Titanforged is honestly a bit of a bigger issue for me. Legendaries are 1 slot MAYBE 2 or 3 for the insanely lucky with a fully upgraded order hall. Titan forged is EVERY slot including weapon due to relics. Thus, however unlikely, could be 50 ilvl higher than another person that runs the same content. Legendaries alone would not account for such power disparities.
    Thats assuming that someone was lucky enough to get every piece WF though. I think a good compromise would be to revert back to when warforged was only +6 ilvl and gem slots, I do enjoy the surprise when I get an item with the proc and wouldnt want the system completely removed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    exactly get over it, wipe your tears and move on you only make the game frustrating for yourself when you play it the way you're trying too
    Huh? That doesn't make sense does it? He said let people play how they want, you agreed and said exactly, but your OP was telling people how to play?

I get your point about not trying to farm it, for you thats not the goal, but people want one so will continue to do what they can to obtain one because they want to, so good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I can see this thread is going to go places. Telling people how to play is always the right way to have a long and healthy discussion about a topic.
    I'm just sharing my perspective to people how I view the system and how I believe Blizzard intended the system to function in order to ease the frustration. I think its more of a community issue than a system issue.

I'm just sharing my perspective to people how I view the system and how I believe Blizzard intended the system to function in order to ease the frustration. I think its more of a community issue than a system issue.
    Yeah but telling people how to play is the wrong way to go about it. If someone wants to farm their ass off to try and get more chances for a legendary then that is their business.

You claim the stuff was 'never meant to be farmed' and sorry some people will not agree with that. When you make a title telling people to stop farming legendaries you are trying to dictate how people should play. And. That. Is. Bullshit.

Legendaries are a bonus not a necessity. Even for a mythic raider. Unless you're in the top 5% then you have your legend, the race is done. No one should be complaining until you're failing checks. Then it becomes a skill issue not a "But bob doesn't have a legendary!"

I didn't really go out of my way to farm for the one I got. I did mythic + When I could because it gave the chance for other upgrades. I did WQs for my emissary cache because it gave rep and AP and my hidden artifact color for WQ is red. *Drool*. Eventually you'll get it and the highest chances to get it comes from things you can't farm outside of Mythic + Dungeons.

Thats assuming that someone was lucky enough to get every piece WF though. I think a good compromise would be to revert back to when warforged was only +6 ilvl and gem slots, I do enjoy the surprise when I get an item with the proc and wouldnt want the system completely removed.
    I personally have always disliked this system. Yes it feels nice to get the warforged piece, but I couldn't help always having an annoyed feeling somewhere inside of me when I get loot and it isn't warforged. It's almost impossible to feel like you have 'completed' your character now as you will never be able to be actually fully BiS.

Yeah but telling people how to play is the wrong way to go about it. If someone wants to farm their ass off to try and get more chances for a legendary then that is their business.

You claim the stuff was 'never meant to be farmed' and sorry some people will not agree with that. When you make a title telling people to stop farming legendaries you are trying to dictate how people should play. And. That. Is. Bullshit.
    Then farm them but stop the irrational qqing. If you are choosing to farm something that isnt practical then expect to go through some bullshit

Then farm them but stop the irrational qqing. If you are choosing to farm something that isnt practical then expect to go through some bullshit
    Telling people to stop qqing about it isn't going to accomplish shit either. You aren't a mod so you can't stop them here. You don't want to see it don't read the forums threads that talk about it. People aren't forcing you to see the QQ.

Telling people to stop qqing about it isn't going to accomplish shit either. You aren't a mod so you can't stop them here. You don't want to see it don't read the forums threads that talk about it. People aren't forcing you to see the QQ.
    People aren't forcing you to see this post either. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Many raids are going to want to fill their raids with the strongest toons they can. Sadly right now having a legendary or even crazier 2 locks you into a spot. People might not like it but that is what Blizzard lined us up for when they made them easy enough to get that they can be expected but still based on luck.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Well, it's just annoying that some people get 3 legendaries playing the same as you, while you get none.

If you can't see why people who play the game seriously and try to compete and be the best possible are frustrated by such insane crazy power gains gated behind RNG are frustrated I don't know what to tell you.
    Hi Sephurik

Exactly this.

People aren't forcing you to see this post either. Move along.
    Oh don't worry, I'm sure it will last as long as the threads with people bitching about not getting legendaries.

Those items are in the game to add excitement,
    Then Blizzard failed miserably at it. In that case they should have cut out 80% of the rubbish legendaries and leave just the good ones in, so people are actually happy they get them. More than half of the time people are not happy getting a "meh" legendary.

Tbh I feel people were more happy when there was a "BIS list" and they got something from that list, things like Saurfang's trinket in ICC for physical dps classes. Nowadays everything is watered down by warforged / titanforged / random sockets / random legendary and generally the feeling "this in an awesome item I always waited for" is lost between all that clutter.

If they thought RNG on loot keeps people farming longer, just see where Diablo went - popular Diablo steamers are leaving the game and seasons are being abandoned 2 weeks in by everyone except the hardcore fans of the game.