Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    BM should be severely punished for being a no-brain spec.
    You should be severely punished for no-brain posts. Every fucking spec is brain dead to play these days so what we just punish every class?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Yes but what about Mages?
    Fire mages need either a damage nerf or a mobility nerf. It's pretty clear that that class is unbalanced right now (with one spec clearly dominating and the other two being sub-par; a very similar situation to Hunters in HFC).

I kinda hate coming onto this forum lately, there's quite a few posters who literally whine over spilt milk.

BM is fine. it's great for AoE and the single target is decent, its also 110% mobile. MM is better but you have to stand to aimed shot. im perfectly happy with BM, MM and am pretty average in regards to Survival. It's just annoying how every joe blogs whines these days. We're becoming a very wimpy world.

Deleted
    I do hope they will buff BMs single target DPS a bit. I mean its fine if I cant compete with MM and all but at least be somewhat competitive and not dead last on single target encounters such as Ursoc or Nythendra ( Heroic ). Well lets see how things look once I get my last golden trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with balance though is that they redesign the whole game and talent/progression system every single expansion, and class design and goals gets completely churned up every expansion. "You'd think they have balanced the game after 12 years" - well yes, if the game was still the same game it was 12 years ago, but they basically overhaul the game systems every year or two. By the time they start getting it balanced, it's time to shake it all up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Definitely slower, if nothing else.
    I'm not sure if the slowing down of balancing isn't somewhat intentional. People did complain a lot about knee-jerk hotfixes.

However I'm not sure that slowing down the delivery of hotfixes has ultimately improved the quality of them.

But hey at least we don't have to wait 3-4 content patches for your next "class review" like in Vanilla
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

BM should be severely punished for being a no-brain spec.
    I dont understand this concept. Why should every class be complex?

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    You should be severely punished for no-brain posts. Every fucking spec is brain dead to play these days so what we just punish every class?
    Bravo sir. Every spec has a niche, so either punish the lot... or balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    I dont understand this concept. Why should every class be complex?
    You like playing a 3-spells-with-CD spec?

I play a game to be challenged and doing the rotation properly while dealing with boss mechanics is what made the game entertaining.

I play a game to be challenged and doing the rotation properly while dealing with boss mechanics is what made the game entertaining.
    Well aren't you a special snowflake. I guess every spec in the game should be how you want it to be.

If I have learned anything from my years spent playing MMOs is that no one really wants what they say they want. That dev people always make fun of who said, "You think you do, but you don't" is 100% correct.

When they took away having to get keyed for dungeons, attunement quest lines, 40 man raids, and "dumbed down" the content, people were furious. All you would see is people bitching about wanted to have that stuff back.

So what happened? Wildstar came out and brought that stuff back and the very people that said they were most excited about it HATED it. It was stupid to organize raid nights with 40 people who were actually attuned. The same can be said for the "complexity" of some classes. Just because you had 5 more buttons does not make it more complex, it usually boiled down to a rotation or some kind of priority system.

BM is very easy to play, but you can take talents to help freshen it up a bit. Take killer cobra and have to worry about focus management a little more during BW. It's not much but its something.

If they added more shit to the class people would be complaining that there is too much to hit and blah blah blah. Many people refer to Survival as a complex spec but its really just hitting the right abilities when they come off cooldown. But when you see people talk about it doesn't sound like its hard, it sounds like its bothersome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    If I have learned anything from my years spent playing MMOs is that no one really wants what they say they want.
    I said I wanted gnome hunters for years. I really wanted those.

I said I wanted warriors to have competitive AOE tanking back when Thunder Clap did shit damage and was capped to hit 4 mobs. I really wanted that.

I've said for years now that I want Frost to be the DK tanking spec, not Blood (which bores me to years). I'd really like that.

I could post a couple hundred more examples, but ultimately my point is... yeah, I actually do 'really want' the stuff I ask for. Maybe you do, but personally I don't sit around asking for things that aren't actually important to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I didnt know every person was the same and wanted the same thing. Protip: lots of people would like the 3 spells with CD spec.

it's damage is low because it's the easiest spec ever put into this game

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    Protip: lots of people would like the 3 spells with CD spec.
    Not so sure about that.

They probably consider it balanced. It's within 5-10% of mm on most fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a reason to play BM over MM? Probably not (excluding if you play better with full mobility). But it's not like it's that far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

And yet, there are still under-performing BM hunters out there. Someone reading that a class/spec takes no skill is likely to just run in blindly, as opposed to players who are told "It's easy to play but takes practice and effort to play well". So, I have to cringe when any class or spec is thrown in the "no skill" pile.

BM is in a fine spot for any fight that require doing things. It is the best flamethrower spec out there by far.

There are some systematic issues with Hati being too slow and generally when switching between targets that are far from each other.

The spec is also lacking in the 2 target cleave department.

The spec does not require single target dps buff, it require a mobility buff for pets, something like pounce on a 15 sec CD or so that fix the target switching problem and enhance the spec fantasy.

The 2 target cleave is also an easy fix that can come in different ways.

Overall, the more complex fights become, the better BM become, had BM preformed better on PW fights then other ranged class, there was no reason to play anything but BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They probably consider it balanced. It's within 5-10% of mm on most fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a reason to play BM over MM? Probably not (excluding if you play better with full mobility). But it's not like it's that far behind.
    It's miles behind on fights that require constant target switching simply because you do next to no DPS when your pet isn't on your target. Even Blink Strikes doesn't help bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's miles behind on fights that require constant target switching simply because you do next to no DPS when your pet isn't on your target. Even Blink Strikes doesn't help bridge the gap.
    I think you're overestimating the amount of time your pet spends running on a fight.

A) Ferocity pets have Dash
    B) Kill command causes your pet to charge to the target, so once your pet is within 20 yards you're good
    C) If it ever gets really bad (and I've personally not seen any situation in Emerald Nightmare which warrants this), you can spec your pet to Cunning for +30% runspeed. If you have the legendary ring, your pet will always have this.

On Xavius, BM is pretty garbage for adds in p2. I tried to keep my pets on the boss and just throw out Crows on adds, it worked a bit better than sending my pets out.