Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Relics definitely need to be more common. I've probably gotten 5 or 6 as drops since the expac released

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Well Rorcanna, you think that unlucky ppl in your raid are dragging others down, I think lucky ppl are boosting your group. Different perspective.

Btw if someone with legendary completely owns you dps wise, its probably not issue with legendary at all.
    For enha shamans best legendary is 6% dmg boost + mastery/haste stats.
    You can still beat this person, if he is targeted by some boss mechanic more often than you, or if he mess up..

But if he completely destroys you, thats the different story mate.
    We have 3 mages in our raid, the worst 1 is doing OK-ish dps, but no legendary in this world not even 2 of them will help him to beat our top mage just because of skill difference.

Few ppl in our raid have 2 legendaries some of us have none.
    Still our ilvl is almost equal.

And for your argument that some ppl have multiple titanforged, set up loot council?
    And give raid loot to ppl whom will it boost more.
    Like some1 has 870 ilvl and other dps has 860, give loot to lower one so he can be competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I can't help but think it might be better if they remove the traits from them altogether. I've been focusing on the ilvl and ignoring the traits personally (Ilvl matters more than DPS in pugs and pugs are what I'm gearing for. Not missing out on DPS would be nice.

wow, finally a relic i can use came up in WQ , but guess what same damn trait again

They are a bit of an issue but in terms of the old model of trying to get weapons it is far superior.

Eh, I kind of disagree with this sentiment. I enjoy the concept of relics, and for most classes (not all) it's better to get a higher ilvl relic in that slot than it is to get the desired trait. When you think about it, if you get +1 in even your BEST trait, it's going to make such a minor difference in your healing/DPS.

Relics need to not be destroyed when you get a different one. I would like to be able to swap them out and re use them for different situations. Maybe make it cost bloods of Sargeras since they are worthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We have people in our raid team with artifact ilvl of 900+. No such luck for me - I need a specific trait, which limits me to
    * one from Black Rook Hold that I don't have yet
    * one from Darkheart Thicket or one from Xavius - Xavius hasn't dropped his yet, so stuck with DHT version
    * one from a world quest, which I have at 830. Literally, until Nighthold opens, I'm just waiting for this world quest drop to appear again and proc warforged. Yay.

So I'm currently at 870, and will go DOWN when I get the BRH one.
    No trait is worth 30+ iLevels on your weapon.

OMG relics provide an interesting choice between ilvl and trait bonuses! OMG NO WAY! Let's all bitch about rng and lament that loot isn't brain dead straight forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    No trait is worth 30+ iLevels on your weapon.
    The ilvl difference on your weapon between a 830 relic and a 860 one is about 7 ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    OMG relics provide an interesting choice between ilvl and trait bonuses! OMG NO WAY! Let's all bitch about rng and lament that loot isn't brain dead straight forward!
    If relics weren't destroyed when you replaced them, you might have a point. It's possible to lower your DPS/HPS by inserting a worse, higher ilvl relic. That shouldn't be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The difference between your best trait and no trait at all is literally 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    The difference between your best trait and no trait at all is literally 1%.
    Thats incorrect, some traits are worth up to 5% for enhancment, with the relic eligible ones being about 3% on the high end, 0 on the low end.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    The ilvl difference on your weapon between a 830 relic and a 860 one is about 7 ilvls
    Please try to follow along. I know it’s hard sometimes.

The person I quoted said his artifact was iLevel 870, and others are above 900 already. That’s 30 item levels. He wasn’t talking about a relic. He specifically referred to the total Artifact item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If relics weren't destroyed when you replaced them, you might have a point. It's possible to lower your DPS/HPS by inserting a worse, higher ilvl relic. That shouldn't be possible.
    I don't see a problem with that. You should know if the trait or the ilvl is worth more and socket things accordingly. It's not hard with the resources available to us. And for those that can't be bothered to use the resources available, obviously it doesn't matter if they're optimal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Please try to follow along. I know it’s hard sometimes.

The person I quoted said his artifact was iLevel 870, and others are above 900 already. That’s 30 item levels. He wasn’t talking about a relic. He specifically referred to the total Artifact item level.
    He's comparing his 830 relic to an 860 one with different traits. He may want the best trait but nowhere has it been said that he's gimping himself out of 30 artefact item levels by not getting mythic level relics.

Edit : And drop the condescending crap

15+ Year Old Account
    Step 1) Look up a trait on WoWhead
    Step 2) Look up what relics enhance that trait
    Step 3) Run the dungeon that drops the relics on that list

I did step 3 every week, both heroic and mythic, til I finally got a frost relic with the correct trait. My weapon is only 872, while other raidmates have their weapons almost as high as 890, but I do much more than them at 400k because the ability that trait enchances is my #1 DPS ability by far.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I don't see a problem with that. You should know if the trait or the ilvl is worth more and socket things accordingly. It's not hard with the resources available to us. And for those that can't be bothered to use the resources available, obviously it doesn't matter if they're optimal or not.
    It's not that simple. What's better, 20 ilvls or 10% more damage on one ability? You probably have to sim that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    He's comparing his 830 relic to an 860 one with different traits. He may want the best trait but nowhere has it been said that he's gimping himself out of 30 artefact item levels by not getting mythic level relics.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We have people in our raid team with artifact ilvl of 900+. No such luck for me - I need a specific trait, which limits me to
    * one from Black Rook Hold that I don't have yet
    * one from Darkheart Thicket or one from Xavius - Xavius hasn't dropped his yet, so stuck with DHT version
    * one from a world quest, which I have at 830. Literally, until Nighthold opens, I'm just waiting for this world quest drop to appear again and proc warforged. Yay.

So I'm currently at 870, and will go DOWN when I get the BRH one.

Reading. It's apparently not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's not that simple. What's better, 20 ilvls or 10% more damage on one ability? You probably have to sim that.
    Right. And if you care about the answer, you should sim it. Or let a smarter person sim it for you. Otherwise, you yolo on. If you can't be bothered to answer that question, then it's fair to assume that you don't need to perform optimally. Which is fine.

I'm saying most people will just go for ilvl, right or wrong. And for tryhards it's an interesting question to try to answer. Although I would support relics not being destroyed when replaced. So you could switch out optimal relic builds for different fights...