Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Erhm, who would I be fighting, and more importantly, how? I don't fear a war though. I don't want to be paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    I'll just leave this quote here, I forgot who it belongs to.
    "Conventional war is unwinnable and Nuclear war is unthinkable."
    I prefer:

"Come on you *******! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? **** you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a war, how about the politicians and banks go to some remote island in the pacific and have a fist fight. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Americans us versus them mentality is rather odd.
    We humans are hardwired to "us vs them". The difference is who each of us places in those boxes.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Because Russia and China, have showed their competence in major major battles right?
    Well in fairness Russia did faceroll Georgia (who were about to join NATO and so had built up their military appropriately).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well in fairness Russia did faceroll Georgia (who were about to join NATO and so had built up their military appropriately).
    Size difference alone rules that one out as a "battle". It was a steamroll.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Size difference alone rules that one out as a "battle". It was a steamroll.
    That was kind of the point, there haven't really been any "major" battles since WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Major battles, steamrolling a country with a population of less than 4million is hardly an achievment to be proud of.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Major battles, steamrolling a country with a population of less than 4million is hardly an achievment to be proud of.
    Read above.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry too much about fighting. The Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station is only 6 miles NE of me so I'm pretty sure I'll be vaporized at the first opportunity.

Deleted
    4 mil country attacking 100+ mil country's troops is an achievement

in stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    4 mil country attacking 100+ mil country's troops is an achievement

in stupidity
    It's funny you say that because Russia's actions can be interpreted as a 140 million person country attacking the 320 million person US + 510 million person EU.

Just sayin, champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's funny you say that because Russia's actions can be interpreted as a 140 million person country attacking the 320 million person US + 510 million person EU.

Just sayin, champ!
    No it can't be interpreted this way. We didn't attack US/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    No it can't be interpreted this way. We didn't attack US/EU.
    Russia's attacks on the US electoral system, least of all, is one. Russian interference in EU national-level elections is another.

I vote we should, on the coldest day of this coming winter, arrange for an unfortunate electronic failure of the Russian power grid. Followed by expelling Russia from SWIFT.

Make them poor. And cold.

Russia's attacks on the US electoral system, least of all, is one. Russian interference in EU national-level elections is another.

I vote we should, on the coldest day of this coming winter, arrange for an unfortunate electronic failure of the Russian power grid. Followed by expelling Russia from SWIFT.

Make them poor. And cold.
    I doubt you can frighten the Russians with cold, but SWIFT... that would hurt. Wasn't there a news report somewhere that they already started building a parallel/backup network?

Yawn. More propaganda to the God of propaganda. No, Skroe, few gossip articles in your media doesn't count as an attack on a US.

you sound like our local retard Zhirinovsky who proposed to "shift earth axis so America would slip underwater".
    Last edited by Keeponrage; 2016-10-14 at 11:11 AM.

Yawn. More propaganda to the God of propaganda. No, Skroe, few gossip articles in your media doesn't count as an attack on a US.
    More like excellent reporting from actual journalists, which I know are the rarest of birds in the Russia of the War Criminal Vladmir Putin.

I'm not sure how this ends well for Russia. Hillary Clinton has an 89% chance of being elected according to poll analysis. Don't you genius figure she'll.... I don't know... take it rather personally that Russia launched a Cyberwar against her electoral prospects?

We should retaliate by using our greater cyber abilities to cripple Russia's electronic infrastructure. And then the Treasury should use the ten years of work they've done on where Vladmir Putin hides his money, and go after it like the gangster he is.

you sound like our local retard Zhirinovsky who proposed to "shift earth axis so America would slip underwater".
    A cyber attack against a power grid is hardy fantastical. Russia already did it in Ukraine last year.

As for expelling Russia out of Swift... it was discussed over Ukraine. It should be done over Aleppo.

Make them poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I doubt you can frighten the Russians with cold, but SWIFT... that would hurt. Wasn't there a news report somewhere that they already started building a parallel/backup network?
    They said something to that effect, but it wouldn't work as it would need banks and countries to honor it.

When Iran was knocked out of Swift, the US managed that very simply: it legislated that countries, companies and banks did business with US firms/banks, did business with Iranian firms/banks but could not do both.

Unsurprisingly, the entire world chose the world's largest economy and financial power.

It would be the same with Russia. Who would actually choose to do business with the Russians over the US+Europe, if forced to choose between the two?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A cyber attack against a power grid is hardy fantastical. Russia already did it in Ukraine last year.

As for expelling Russia out of Swift... it was discussed over Ukraine. It should be done over Aleppo.

Make them poor.
    I see a contradiction here. If Russia can cyber attack USA power grid then you should be really insane to try to expel Russia out of Swift to make them poor. Retaliation is hardly fantastical and being expelled out of Swift is nothing compared to complete shutdown of US power grid.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I see a contradiction here. If Russia can cyber attack USA power grid then you should be really insane to try to expel Russia out of Swift to make them poor. Retaliation is hardly fantastical and being expelled out of Swift is nothing compared to complete shutdown of US power grid.
    Double standards are for other people, dear.

If Russia did that thew US would repair it, like Ukraine did in Russia's little test drive. And nothing would ever convince us to let Russia back into Swift. SHutting down the US power grid is considered the highest type of cyber attack there is.

If Russia would try it, there is no telling where it would lead or what we would do. But we could respond in ways Russia couldn't.

But whatever the case, there must be comprehensive retaliation against Russia for the cyber war acts it has committed against the United States already, not the ones it could hypothetically commit.

But whatever the case, there must be comprehensive retaliation against Russia for the cyber war acts it has committed against the United States already, not the ones it could hypothetically commit.
    Let me pipe up for Estonia here. Bricking an entire country is at least borderline Article 5 to begin with.