Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    -if you have a tank spec, go as tank spec.
    -if you have a pet that can tank/taunt, use it.
    -have a interupt and a stun. there is a trinket from halls of valor that gives you a stun. knockbacks and disorients and the like are also valuable.
    -dont be to afraid to use berserk mode on your guys on the wraiths for example, especially if only 1 is around.

for my first run my target is issualy to get the hp chest, anti fear chest, invisible chest mask, and then suicide into elfbreaker room and get damage chest before i die.

but ive only done it on tanks and hunter. i hear classes like mage and priest have a hard time with it.
    Depends what you mean by issues. Didn´t get far on my first run on priest, but I didn´t have loads of withered with me. Also had less issues with Dro after I went around his usual spawn point in the small space at the stairs (before patches), which gave more room - and made it possible to get some extra chests to buff up. After that the rest was rather easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Is there a specific reason for why you used a 6-pointed star that is even yellow out of all colors?
    I didn't make the maps.
    The Stars marks the Start and the End of the scenario.

I am doing it with frost mage. General tips for starting out. Get max 20 withered. First run should concentrate on getting the 25% HP increase and the fear reduction (which you can get before facing Dro). Second run with upgrades and 20 withered means pretty much everything except bosses melt. Just get agro and pull in small clumps.

For second run, kill Dro and Silkwitch (I find the Silkwitch to be a pain because of all the adds. Just clear as many eggs around the edge of the room without pulling her). Get medium chest in Elfbreaker’s room when he patrols away from it. This is the 25% damage boost. I usually get up to 430+ at this point without killing Elfbreaker or any other bosses, so continue as you see fit in this run and subsequent runs.

Edit: And don't bother going down the stairs in the first circular (crystal) room with the dryads and spiders. The place is a withered death trap and the five man chest down there is only the bank item which isn't worth the withered loss from the tons of spiders down there.
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2016-10-13 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I am doing it with frost mage. General tips for starting out. Get max 20 withered. First run should concentrate on getting the 25% HP increase and the fear reduction (which you can get before facing Dro). Second run with upgrades and 20 withered means pretty much everything except bosses melt. Just get agro and pull in small clumps.

For second run, kill Dro and Silkwitch (I find the Silkwitch to be a pain because of all the adds. Just clear as many eggs around the edge of the room without pulling her). Get medium chest in Elfbreaker’s room when he patrols away from it. This is the 25% damage boost. I usually get up to 430+ at this point without killing Elfbreaker or any other bosses, so continue as you see fit in this run and subsequent runs.

Edit: And don't bother going down the stairs in the first circular (crystal) room with the dryads and spiders. The place is a withered death trap and the five man chest down there is only the bank item which isn't worth the withered loss from the tons of spiders down there.
    how do you get 20 withered on your first run? afaik the first run you get for free without spending any mana as part of the questchain, and has 8 withered.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    how do you get 20 withered on your first run? afaik the first run you get for free without spending any mana as part of the questchain, and has 8 withered.
    First WQ run. Your first training run is free and you can't have 2000 ancient mana at that point due to rep restrictions. If you can get those first two five-man chests (25% hp and fear) on the free run, all the better. It's possible, you just have to be very careful not to lose too many withered (start with 8, need at least 10 for the chests. So need to pick up two along the way without any others dying).

i usually just go in with 400 mana, and get the 400 points or so, before dro attacks... maybe im just lucky

the one time i went in with 12 withered, i died too quick, and wasnt worth it

Sorry to bump this old thread, but could do with some advice,

I'm at the point where Ive killed dro and gone through that locked door. Every time I try to clear the next room with all the spider eggs in, I get wiped, three times now.

First I tried to aoe down to many spiders,
    Second, I didn't have enough withered and pulled to many
    Third, I had 25 withered, aoe'd one patch carefully, next thing I know my armys pulled the devourer and a load of other nests, (FML no chests)

How do you guys handle that bit

(ele shammy btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

I'm at the point where Ive killed dro and gone through that locked door. Every time I try to clear the next room with all the spider eggs in, I get wiped, three times now.

Third, I had 25 withered, aoe'd one patch carefully, next thing I know my armys pulled the devourer and a load of other nests, (FML no chests)

(ele shammy btw)
    Usually not a problem for me, clear the patches JUST as you enter the room, then I run to the "closed door" opposite of the spider room and put my army on berserk, then I go and pull the big one as far back as I can. Then its just killing stuff, never had a problem with it really, sometimes I just let them be in beserk and let them go as they please in the room while trying to grab as much aggro as I can. Same tact when I am on my Spriest, guard druid or hunter really

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Usually not a problem for me, clear the patches JUST as you enter the room, then I run to the "closed door" opposite of the spider room and put my army on berserk, then I go and pull the big one as far back as I can. Then its just killing stuff, never had a problem with it really, sometimes I just let them be in beserk and let them go as they please in the room while trying to grab as much aggro as I can. Same tact when I am on my Spriest, guard druid or hunter really
    No idea how I'm fucking it up then, all three times I've done it I've popped Fire and earth elemental, the storm elemental from my artifact, 20% haste, acedence for LB with no cooldown and gone full nuke, still gets me

10+ Year Old Account

(ele shammy btw)
    Never had problems with that room though I notice withered can act a bit weird about attacking enemies if you haven't dealt damage to them yourself. What I do is flame shock the boss to the entrance and outside the room without going near the eggs and chain lightning + Earthquake to make short work of whatever adds come with it. Remember your defensive cd, surge totem for AoE stun, knockback and healing surges if incoming damage is a problem. If you've beaten dro you shouldn't be having any issues there.

No idea how I'm fucking it up then, all three times I've done it I've popped Fire and earth elemental, the storm elemental from my artifact, 20% haste, acedence for LB with no cooldown and gone full nuke, still gets me
    I'd recommend you do as I do and pull the devourer back so you don't pull anything else in the room, then you can ignore the room as the devourer is the "key". Else, try to kite as much as possible, I've just went in there with my arms warrior and was close to getting globalled after pulling loads, but then I just kited.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Never had problems with that room though I notice withered can act a bit weird about attacking enemies if you haven't dealt damage to them yourself. What I do is flame shock the boss to the entrance and outside the room without going near the eggs and chain lightning + Earthquake to make short work of whatever adds come with it. Remember your defensive cd, surge totem for AoE stun, knockback and healing surges if incoming damage is a problem. If you've beaten dro you shouldn't be having any issues there.
    Oh I didn't try the surge totem, I'm spec'd into voodoo.

But yes, Dro is a handful and honestly the only reason he goes down is because I make sure I have the ward buff on me, that being said the spider boss with 47mil is piece easy, but yes I shall try it that way next time, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I'd recommend you do as I do and pull the devourer back so you don't pull anything else in the room, then you can ignore the room as the devourer is the "key". Else, try to kite as much as possible, I've just went in there with my arms warrior and was close to getting globalled after pulling loads, but then I just kited.
    Yup thats what Ill give a go next time

(ele shammy btw)
    Stop at the stairs, and put withered in "Follow Me!" mode.
    Kill some eggs at the door. Reposition Withered again at the stairs if necessary.
    After that pull boss with flame shock or something and go out of Line of Sign so the boss will come alone to you (stairs). Then Switch them to "Mayhem!" mode.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2016-10-14 at 05:09 PM.