Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you hit Soul Cleave you had heal aggro without skittish. Simple as that. Hitting Soul Cleave once is literally about as much aggro as keg smash, there is a reason no tank, not even the ones with competitive aoe damage can get aggro off a DH in raid trash pulls without taunts.

It's possible to kill them before they get to you, for the ones that don't spawn right on top of you. But most of them spawn right on top of you.

It's not an issue if you kill the boss fast enough, just saying if he is having issues with the boss he needs taunts to get those adds off of him.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-10-13 at 10:21 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Munkky, if damage mitigation is a problem still (allegedly) for Vengeance, why not take Soul Barrier? The absorbs can get pretty large, although even I acknowledge they aren't as "controlled" as those of a Warrior's Ignore Pain

Deleted
    Hello there. I have a stat question that i feel that i have to need to be explained.
    For the time beeing i use Ask Mr Robots Addon to help keep up with my statpriorities.

Mr Robots statpriority is
    Armor > Leech > Mastery > Versatility > Stamina > Agility > Haste > Critical Strike > Avoidance > Main Hand Damage > Movement Speed > Off Hand Damage
    suppose you can cook it down to Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Crit

But that doesn't seem anything like any of the "options" at the start of this guide.

Stats
    There will not be any Stat Weights.
    Survival: Vers > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    DPS: Mastery = Crit >= Vers >= Haste
    In MYTHIC+ Dungeons: Mastery > Crit >= Vers > Haste

I suppose the question is are Mr Robots priority rubbish or does it play well for example raiding and mythics?

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Munkky, if damage mitigation is a problem still (allegedly) for Vengeance, why not take Soul Barrier? The absorbs can get pretty large, although even I acknowledge they aren't as "controlled" as those of a Warrior's Ignore Pain
    That's because the absorbs aren't large enough.
    Biggest absorb you could get with a full complement of shards only takes the edge off 1 autoattack from a Mythic raid boss. That doesn't count special attacks, succeeding attacks, AoE, etc. So you're stuck with a base absorb of like 50k? Even with that 50k absorb for 8 seconds, when you're getting pummeled by 6-700k autoattacks, plus 1.4 million specials, the base absorb doesn't even stack up to the incidental AoE heals that are flying around.

At lower levels and dungeons, it's fine, so use it at will there, however, you basically lose out on a cheat death in any case. (Last Resort)

Scaling for our healing seems so shitty.

So I bought this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=129849/g...to-blocker-601 and it seems really good. it works out to about 10% physical reduction on a 40 second buff.

Just used it on mythic nythendra and with it up i felt super tanky with it. The buff is called Gnome Ingenuity.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=8

Hah, thats better than the M Ursoc trinket
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Nythendra tank damage shouldn't be an issue to begin with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Nythendra tank damage shouldn't be an issue to begin with though.
    I just used that as an example because there's downtime as a tank.

E2: god damn what a fail. I somehow posted this into vengeance thread <.<
    Last edited by Guuggel; 2016-10-14 at 10:16 PM.

Hey dudes,

Mythic raiding gearing question.

Here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eepness/simple

I'm not too sure if I have too much vers and too little haste, so I'm wondering if I should switch the enchants / gems around to get a bit more haste.

Also, as far as my trinkets, I have not been lucky. Other than the two I have equipped, I have a heroic warforged (875) nightmare seed pod (which seems to be garbage, but the haste is nice and it has a socket), and a heroic titanforged (880) phantasmal echo, as well as a mythic 4 titanforged (875) shard of rokmora. What setup would you guys recommend?

Also not too sure about my jewelery, other than what I have equipped, I have 3 JC items: one 850 neck with 1836 vers with a socket and two rings, one 1,180 vers and 655 haste, and one with; 1,180 haste and 650 vers.]

My focus is on survavibility, as I would like to be able to survive the encounters as well as put out a decent amount of decent DPS.
    Last edited by sleepness; 2016-10-15 at 06:03 AM.

You have almost 20ilvl more than what I had when clearing first 4 bosses, so I'd say you are golden as it is.

More haste instead of crit will be helpful on Ursoc, Dragons, Cenarius (if you tank boss or dragons) and Xavius. Other bosses have enough swap downtime.

Seedpod is nice on Dragons/Il'gynoth imo, dpswise, but apart from that I won't comment on trinkets since I like to use a few of the ones that the community says are utter crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

What do you guys use talent-wise for Mythic+ dungeons, specifically 7+? I've look at a few logs of DHs doing +13 to +15, and there's some variability.

In Tier 2, some use Fallout, some use Burning Alive. I'm not really sure which is better. I can't really feel Fallout's effect tbh, and Burning Alive spreads every 2s from the main target and since it only lasts 8s, that means at max it'll spread to 4 targets. Which is kinda meh if they're not gathered together, or if your target with Fiery Brand dies early. Or if you pull a big pack or are doing higher Mythic+ and trash lasts a while... then 8s is kinda meh anyway. Either way, some tanks are choosing Burning Alive, others Fallout, not sure which is better.

In Tier 4, some use Feed the Demon, actually I think most do, minority use Soul Rending. I feel like having Demon Spikes up as much as you can while pulling big packs or chain pulling or even tackling the higher mythic+ trash that lasts a while, having DS up as much as you can helps a lot. Soul Rending seems more for raid bosses tbh. Looking for opinions here too.

Last one is Tier 5, with the Sigils. Seems most go for Sigil of Chains, I'll try it I guess. Though I like Quickened Sigils since mixed with the Legendary bracers, it makes Sigil of Flame a super short CD and lets you spam the silence one a lot too. How useful is Sigil of Chains? I find after the silence, they all just gather into melee anyway.

All the other talent rows seem to have a unanimous pick. Agonizing flames, Felblade, Fel Devastation, and Last Resort.

And remember this is in regards to Mythic+, not raids. I usually just the above + Feast of Souls + Soul Rending + Quick Sigil for raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    What do you guys use talent-wise for Mythic+ dungeons, specifically 7+? I've look at a few logs of DHs doing +13 to +15, and there's some variability.

In Tier 2, some use Fallout, some use Burning Alive. I'm not really sure which is better. I can't really feel Fallout's effect tbh, and Burning Alive spreads every 2s from the main target and since it only lasts 8s, that means at max it'll spread to 4 targets. Which is kinda meh if they're not gathered together, or if your target with Fiery Brand dies early. Or if you pull a big pack or are doing higher Mythic+ and trash lasts a while... then 8s is kinda meh anyway. Either way, some tanks are choosing Burning Alive, others Fallout, not sure which is better.

In Tier 4, some use Feed the Demon, actually I think most do, minority use Soul Rending. I feel like having Demon Spikes up as much as you can while pulling big packs or chain pulling or even tackling the higher mythic+ trash that lasts a while, having DS up as much as you can helps a lot. Soul Rending seems more for raid bosses tbh. Looking for opinions here too.

Last one is Tier 5, with the Sigils. Seems most go for Sigil of Chains, I'll try it I guess. Though I like Quickened Sigils since mixed with the Legendary bracers, it makes Sigil of Flame a super short CD and lets you spam the silence one a lot too. How useful is Sigil of Chains? I find after the silence, they all just gather into melee anyway.

All the other talent rows seem to have a unanimous pick. Agonizing flames, Felblade, Fel Devastation, and Last Resort.

And remember this is in regards to Mythic+, not raids. I usually just the above + Feast of Souls + Soul Rending + Quick Sigil for raid bosses.
    I have not checked any logs but this is my opinion from running hig mythic+

For tier 2 it depends. For tyrannical I would go Fallout, for Fortified Burning alive for obvious reasons.

For tier 4 FtD is the clear winner imo, I know a lot of people and guides recommend SR but it is obvious when you think about it and actually run. DS uptime is the KEY for DH survival, sure SR is nice healing but first of all you have to proc the trait to even get any value when not using Meta. Secondly, you will die like a fucking fly anyway if DS is not up. You can heal 80k hps but you will die when bosses hits you for 1.5m white hits anyway. I think SR is a waste of a talent tbh. I would say it is good in situations when the damage you take is majority magic but we already have one of the best magic migation skills and the fights are few.

I have used Sigils of chains since heroics. It gives a lot of utility, can interrupt stuff you cant silence and is just a awesome talent to have. Quickened sigils gives you 6 sec off flame and 12 sec of silence, not brilliant tbh.

To bring some change I have considered flame Crash which definitely seems like a viable alternative to raise that AoE damage
    Last edited by jaksan; 2016-10-15 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    -
    It's mainly tier 2 where I'm indecisive on. What about Fallout makes it great for Tyrannical, and what about Burning Alive makes it obvious for Fortified? Fiery Brand only lasts 8s and spreads slowly, to maximum 4 targets, if they're in range and your target hasn't died. Realistically an extra 1-2 targets will get your Fiery brand.

Is that even good? Honestly, the alternative is Fallout, and I have no idea how to measure it's effectiveness.

Deleted
    Hi,

What you guys think about my stat "goals" for raiding(hc).

So my main goal is to keep Haste around 15% ~5000 and Mastery atleast 20% ~6500 then Crit /Versa for what ever comes from gear.
    Does that sound good idea for you who have cleared hc/mythic or should i stack Crit/Mastery or Versa/mastery and skip Haste..?

Quote Originally Posted by ropokop View Post
    Hi,

What you guys think about my stat "goals" for raiding(hc).

So my main goal is to keep Haste around 15% ~5000 and Mastery atleast 20% ~6500 then Crit /Versa for what ever comes from gear.
    Does that sound good idea for you who have cleared hc/mythic or should i stack Crit/Mastery or Versa/mastery and skip Haste..?
    Generally you do not aim for any stats, you just follow the prio you want and get whatever stats you can. Due to WF/TF, you won't be extremely well optimized unless you run M+ in excess. So in the end, you'll mostly just be wearing the highest ilvl gear or the lucky rolls, even if it has crit.

Also, since you are rolling only into Heroic, you can wear whatever you like. If you are with a more casual group that doesn't clear it fast, then you can go for more surv and slowly go into dps. Heroic is fairly easy and if higher end tanks were to do only heroic, they would most likely just go with the dps route, with maybe some extra vers thrown in for surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    It's mainly tier 2 where I'm indecisive on. What about Fallout makes it great for Tyrannical, and what about Burning Alive makes it obvious for Fortified? Fiery Brand only lasts 8s and spreads slowly, to maximum 4 targets, if they're in range and your target hasn't died. Realistically an extra 1-2 targets will get your Fiery brand.

Is that even good? Honestly, the alternative is Fallout, and I have no idea how to measure it's effectiveness.
    Fallout because it gives a bit of extra survivability and against tyrannical you need every little bit of extra survivability. There are some bosses with adds were BA would be good too but the biggest issue so far for me in Tyrannical are bosses like Hymdal or Helya that just hits you for a shitton of damage and have no adds. Fallout is not doing that much tbh but every little bit helps and you are constantly on the edge at +10. I think you are underestamating FB. 40% reduce damage is massive and it spreading to up to 4 targets can reduce the damage you take by a large amount. And fights in high mythic last long enough for it to spread no problemo

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    Fallout because it gives a bit of extra survivability and against tyrannical you need every little bit of extra survivability. There are some bosses with adds were BA would be good too but the biggest issue so far for me in Tyrannical are bosses like Hymdal or Helya that just hits you for a shitton of damage and have no adds. Fallout is not doing that much tbh but every little bit helps and you are constantly on the edge at +10. I think you are underestamating FB. 40% reduce damage is massive and it spreading to up to 4 targets can reduce the damage you take by a large amount. And fights in high mythic last long enough for it to spread no problemo
    Alright thanks bud. Reasoning is sound.

On the topic of Mythic+, anyone know how to avoid the bug in Maw of Souls, where you pull every single mob before the 1st boss? Including the ~ +10 mobs that despawn when you start the boss fight.

So annoying, just happened on +6 and screwed our 3 chest run. Pulled the 2 packs just after the bridge, and those 10 caster mobs aggro'd too somehow.

I'm a havoc main but I tank a lot of M+ and after spending a decent amount of hours looking at top DH's stats/talents I'm reaaaaaally confused.

First question: is the stat priority for M+ (high ones, like 7+) still the same? I've seen people stacking just about everything so I honestly have no idea.

Second question: Soul rending vs Feed the Demon... I've seen people run both. For M+ (especially with raging this week) it seems like SR is only better for yolo pulls like running to the first boss in Maw/stuff like that which is pretty useful but the DS uptime seems really nice. Any input on that would be great, I've read a lot of the posts in this thread but I'm not entirely convinced either way.

Third question is about trinkets: I have an 855 socketed chrono shard w/ 2 piece, an 860 arcano crystal, an 880 ravaged seed pod and an 855 agi/vers trink. I'm currently running chrono shard + seed pod but I'm at 17% haste which feels a little high compared to the DH's I've looked at. I'm currently at 33% crit, 17% haste, 18% mastery & 5% vers at 872 ilvl. Any input on this would be great as well!

Thanks!