Thread: Double Doom ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Double Doom ?

so i have tested out this skill a little and , its just useless imo
    it could have been good if it shoot out 2 bolts at the same time , or has 2 procs ready for you to shoot ,
    but can accumulate 2 death coils .. and you need to do this within 9 seconds ? for what purpose do you wanna accumulate death coils for ?
    this skill needs to be revised its pretty useless to accumulate bolts you dont accumulate to begin with ..

For one it's a trait on your artifact weapon it won't be changed and it's not useless, there's times where I don't proc Sudden Doom and have no RP or runes up and i'm hoping for a proc, after getting my last golden trait which is double doom yesterday I can definitely tell the difference in my rune regen when I have slight downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    For one it's a trait on your artifact weapon it won't be changed and it's not useless, there's times where I don't proc Sudden Doom and have no RP or runes up and i'm hoping for a proc, after getting my last golden trait which is double doom yesterday I can definitely tell the difference in my rune regen when I have slight downtime.
    I guess you missed the point my friend hes talking about the stacking charges. The 2 charges stacking IS very useless, now the 15 % extra proc chance is decent but doesnt make up for being a gold trait.

As a gold trait, it is pretty lackluster because Death Coil itself is lackluster. It hits like a wet noodle currently.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

I went for deadliest coil first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    As a gold trait, it is pretty lackluster because Death Coil itself is lackluster. It hits like a wet noodle currently.
    Sudden Doom is also pretty lackluster and could use a rework imo. It makes handling our resources a pain. Right before I use Apocalypse I like to throw in a DC to dump some RP and avoid capping, but nope, two Sudden Dooms proc back-to-back and I have to use 3 DCs to dump a measly 35 RP. This mostly happens to me during openers.

The only time Sudden Doom/Double Doom is helpful is when you end up without resources and it procs Runic Corruption. If it doesn't proc RC then you just fill a GCD by tossing spaghetti at your target.

Deleted
    Sudden doom has been a pain in the ass since the immemorial and now dc does so little damage now, is just horrible. It can save you from starving runes but most of the time gets in the way, specially during openers and bl.

It should make dc trow 2 death coils and dump rp if we have enough or just throw 1 if we don't have rp. Double dc also is double chance of proccing runic corruption and scourge of the worlds. It could still do low damage but at least it would't cripple our rotation.

Wish Death Coil was doing similar damage as Scourge Strike and had 1 second GCD.

This is probably intended. My 3rd trait as an enhancement shaman is also pretty useless as we don't want to use the skill when better ones proc all the time. It will get worse as the expansion progresses and we get more mastery.

I wonder if blizzard will fix any of these for the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    That's certainly true. Well, for almost all our gold traits to be honest, the shambler isn't great either imho. What annoys me the most though is not the weakness of DC, it's that during "lucky" periods of lots of resources it just adds more pressure to get rid of them, during periods of little resources you still aren't doing lots of dmg . Man I miss the old unholy aura..

I wish we had some extreme RP dump like sindragosa's breath, I guess we have something kinda like it with DA, but even then that still involves spammign weak DCs. When playing blood I have bone storm which feels awful to use because I never feel like having too much RP, and as unholy I'm sometimes drowning in it and have nothing good to use it :/.

Deleted
    They have 2 options. Make death coil with no GCD, or increasing his damage like 200-400%

While it would be one of the more interesting screws for blizzard to start tweaking our dps, I doubt we'd get even 50% more dmg .

I agree with others above. Trait should make your DC do significantly more damage when it procs. DC atm is just so damn lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Sudden Doom is also pretty lackluster and could use a rework imo. It makes handling our resources a pain. Right before I use Apocalypse I like to throw in a DC to dump some RP and avoid capping, but nope, two Sudden Dooms proc back-to-back and I have to use 3 DCs to dump a measly 35 RP. This mostly happens to me during openers.

The only time Sudden Doom/Double Doom is helpful is when you end up without resources and it procs Runic Corruption. If it doesn't proc RC then you just fill a GCD by tossing spaghetti at your target.
    if you stop thinking of RP as a thing that MUST be dumped above all else, and also start thinking of DC mainly as a way to get runic corruption, then you will see a much better use for double doom. it's ok to cap RP if it means you are not capping runes.

That golden trait is a joke...DC damage is a joke and should be buffed.
    Such an iconic ability for UH... I miss the old times...

Deleted
    Imo Sudden Doom procs should make DC do 100% more dmg and Trait should either increase it even more or make it guarenteed crit or both. DC is such an underwhelming ability. It used to be quite strong ages ago.

Imo it should also have 1s GCD or something.

There was a lot they could of done with this trait, but in its current form its very meh. Could of fired 2 DC's per one GCD when procced, could of proc to auto-cast a DC, 100% crit chance, 100% chance for RC, make DC hit harder and cleave. At the very least it should also increase the duration of sudden doom with what it does now, so we can use the DC when we want to and not balance wasted procs vs wasted runes when RNG is with us.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    if you stop thinking of RP as a thing that MUST be dumped above all else, and also start thinking of DC mainly as a way to get runic corruption, then you will see a much better use for double doom. it's ok to cap RP if it means you are not capping runes.
    I know that, but if I have 3 runes spent then I'm going to spend RP. I know it's ok to cap but I try to avoid it as much as I can while prioritizing runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    There was a lot they could of done with this trait, but in its current form its very meh. Could of fired 2 DC's per one GCD when procced, could of proc to auto-cast a DC, 100% crit chance, 100% chance for RC, make DC hit harder and cleave. At the very least it should also increase the duration of sudden doom with what it does now, so we can use the DC when we want to and not balance wasted procs vs wasted runes when RNG is with us.
    I remember all of those ideas (and more) when they were given as feedback for the devs during alpha/beta. But nooooo, let's just give DKs 2 free Death Coils when they are already overflowing with RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I know that, but if I have 3 runes spent then I'm going to spend RP. I know it's ok to cap but I try to avoid it as much as I can while prioritizing runes.

I remember all of those ideas (and more) when they were given as feedback for the devs during alpha/beta. But nooooo, let's just give DKs 2 free Death Coils when they are already overflowing with RP.
    Its not even 2 free DC its a CHANCE of stacking 2 free deaths coils that most of the time theyre not worth using.

Deleted
    For a talent that is named Sudden Doom, there is a vastly lacking amount of doom in it.