Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

N.C. county GOP office firebombed

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...mbed/92211622/

Police in North Carolina were investigating the apparent firebombing of a county Republican Party office near the state capital, local media reported.

The North Carolina Republican Party said the GOP headquarters in Orange County, about 40 miles northwest of Raleigh, suffered major damage when it was attacked Saturday night. No one was injured during the attack, WCNC-TV reported.

Party officials said an explosive device was thrown through a window of the county headquarters in Hillsborough, N.C. The words “Nazi Republicans leave town or else” were spray-painted on a nearby building.

GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump reacted strongly, tweeting late Sunday: "Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP."

Dallas Woodhouse, executive director of the North Carolina Republican Party, denounced the attack, calling it “political terrorism.” He said all Americans “should be outraged by this hate-filled and violent attack against our democracy.”

“The only thing important to us is that nobody was killed, and they very well could have been,” he toldThe Charlotte Observer.

On Sunday afternoon, the walls of the multi-room office were covered in black char and a couch was burned down to its springs, The Associated Press reported. Shattered glass covered the floor, and melted campaign yard signs showed warped lettering. By late afternoon, the graffiti was covered in paint.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was working with local investigators, AP reported.

Party officials will ask for more security at all offices and events between now and Election Day, Woodhouse said.

In a statement, Hillsborough Mayor Tom Stevens said the “highly disturbing act goes far beyond vandalizing property; it willfully threatens our community’s safety via fire, and its hateful message undermines decency, respect and integrity in civic participation.”

Gov. Pat McCrory, a Republican, took to Twitter to call the incident "clearly an attack on our democracy."

Orange County, home to the University of North Carolina in nearby Chapel Hill, is overwhelmingly Democratic, The Observer reported. Democrats and independents outnumber Republicans 5-1.
    “outrageous.”

“I’m appalled that this would happen, certainly we don’t need violence for any reason,” she said. “Clearly this is outrageous that anybody would do this kind of destruction to either party’s buildings or people.”

And Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton also took to Twitter to denounce the damage.

It was the GOP? Eh, who cares.

Trump would be chased out of the country if this situation was turned around. Can you imagine the media shitstorm if a DNC headquarters got bombed and graffiti like that was at the scene weeks before an election?

No one was hurt thankfully, and I'm sure insurance will be covering the actual damage.

Trump's already blamed Clinton, because of course he has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It was the GOP? Eh, who cares.
    The people in the building, probably? And their families?

Wow. Just...wow. I didn't realize having different political views made people suddenly not be people anymore. It's not like it's a building full of peodphiles or serial killers. They're just politicians.

People like you give democrats a very, very bad name. Might wanna think about that one for a second.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Trump's already blamed Clinton, because of course he has.
    You honestly think Clinton wouldn't do the same if the situation were reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

Wow. Just...wow. I didn't realize having different political views made people suddenly not be people anymore. It's not like it's a building full of peodphiles or serial killers. They're just politicians.

People like you give democrats a very, very bad name. Might wanna think about that one for a second.
    Poe's law is as strong as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You honestly think Clinton wouldn't do the same if the situation were reversed?
    She's had plenty of opportunities to do so already and has declined to stoop to such a level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see, hopefully they catch the person/people responsible. This looks like something that teenagers could have done though (it was just a molotov-type flaming bottle thrown through a window that anyone could easily do). Being in NC I wouldn't rule out a false flag/Reichstag fire attempt to try to drum up support among the far right base.

She's had plenty of opportunities to do so already and has declined to stoop to such a level.
    Wow, so like any partisan hack, left or right, you're not capable of being unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

welcome to what the US is has become. its a very Israel vs Palestine situation in that both sides have been doing bad things for years. I'm not sure where its going to lead but folks on both sides hate each other these days, like full on loathe to the point that yeah they do not care at all.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Wow, so like any partisan hack, left or right, you're not capable of being unbiased.
    Its stupid to confuse "both sides are the same" with "unbiased".

welcome to what the US is has become.
    This election has just been the fucking worst.

There will be enough political shit-flinging once election time hits, lets focus on the actual matter here which is the firebomb.

I'm glad no one was hurt on that, and hope all the hate-mongering on all ends dies off after the election so people don't get so riled up and do stupid stuff like this.

Its stupid to confuse "both sides are the same" with "unbiased".

This election has just been the fucking worst.
    yep its reach new hieghts..but what do you expect when both side use hate to fuel votes every election cycle.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    welcome to what the US is has become. its a very Israel vs Palestine situation in that both sides have been doing bad things for years. I'm not sure where its going to lead but folks on both sides hate each other these days, like full on loathe to the point that yeah they do not care at all.
    The second individual unable to understand sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Will there is no DNC rhetoric that condones stuff like this. You also don't see anyone on the left acting like this is okay. Meanwhile, in RNC fantasy land we have people talking about spilling blood of the election does not go there way. See the difference?
    Im sure that random gov is the voice and soul of all conservatives across every inch of the us, you better watch out since less liberals have guns..right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    The second individual unable to understand sarcasm.
    you got a point or just like being vague with mild insults?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hillary and friends would NEVER do this, not ever, must be one of those people clinging their to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Im sure that random gov is the voice and soul of all conservatives across every inch of the us, you better watch out since less liberals have guns..right?

- - - Updated - - -

you got a point or just like being vague with mild insults?
    Nah, just felt like letting people know that they were taking seriously a comment that was obviously meant to be sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Will there is no DNC rhetoric that condones stuff like this. You also don't see anyone on the left acting like this is okay. Meanwhile, in RNC fantasy land we have people talking about spilling blood of the election does not go there way. See the difference?
    Bingo.

Still you'll see the usual right wing suspects falling all over themselves to see who can broadcast their victim complex the loudest while bitching and moaning about "no step on snek" and "2nd amendment solutions" out of the other side of their frothing mouth.

Should anyone really be surprised?

P.S. You reap what you sow.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Nah, just felt like letting people know that they were taking seriously a comment that was obviously meant to be sarcasm.
    I think its very true sentiment in this country. Folks on both sides are mad at each other generally because the two parties that use the other as the boggy man in all things. Hillary's deplorable comment, Mitt's one as well, trump's current message. All of them are the other side is evil and the cause of all your troubles. This is not new, as they realize using this hateful vile works.