Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    If I'm not mistaken, Sargeras was trapped in a portal in War of the Ancients, so he's MIA even to the Legion? I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Sargeras was trapped in a portal in War of the Ancients, so he's MIA even to the Legion? I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure.
    No, that has been changed after Chronicle (not that he was MIA to the Legion even before Chronicle either, just had some troubles with his physical body). With Chronicle, it has been established / changed that Sargeras was only ripped back into the Nether. He was still fine - dreaming, planning and ordering the Legion around.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    unless all planets in wow are super small in comparison to earth... idk when sargeras is as big as a planet, he wouldent even be able to see his own army, let alone a single orc...
    Also, that brings up another size-related issue - Sargeras was impaling Brox with his sword (Gorshalach? Gorribal? Did Gorshalach still sunder itself after Chronicle?). The body was at least still recognizable by Krasus. Unless Sargeras is a master of swordmanship, I'd say it's pretty hard to impale an Orc (and not crushing him into tiny bits) with a sword big enough to cleave a planet...

(Hey, now that's more reason to think he could change his size =P)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-10-18 at 12:06 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, that has been changed after Chronicle (not that he was MIA to the Legion even before Chronicle either, just had some troubles with his physical body). With Chronicle, it has been established / changed that Sargeras was only ripped back into the Nether. He was still fine - dreaming, planning and ordering the Legion around.
    If that's so, couldn't technically he find anything that's in the Twisting Nether, let's say a planet or a certain demon soul individual. Could he do something about it...or?(Don't have chronicle on hand so yeah)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If that's so, couldn't technically he find anything that's in the Twisting Nether, let's say a planet or a certain demon soul individual. Could he do something about it...or?(Don't have chronicle on hand so yeah)
    I'd say that he (or the Legion in general) doesn't have such a wide control over the Nether. They (Sargeras and his Legion) have some bases here and there, but that should be about it. The Nether should be as vast as an universe, I believe? It's not like Sargeras is omniscient or omnipresent in the Nether either. The Legion still had to use portals to assault Outland (which should already be at the edge of the Nether) instead of just flying over.

The Legion is still hunting down Illidan's soul, though. He (Illidan) is just being elusive enough.

We don't know (unless it was addresses in Chronicles, I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy).

Frankly, it's a plot hole. Ingame lore has little to say on the topic and the old novels are in a grey area of semi-retcon at this point.

Presumably he's been detained by something. Or maybe he's just really big on delegation these days. Kil'jaeden runs everything while he works on his golf game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that brings up another size-related issue - Sargeras was impaling Brox with his sword (Gorshalach? Gorribal? Did Gorshalach still sunder itself after Chronicle?). The body was at least still recognizable by Krasus. Unless Sargeras is a master of swordmanship, I'd say it's pretty hard to impale an Orc (and not crushing him into tiny bits) with a sword big enough to cleave a planet...

(Hey, now that's more reason to think he could change his size =P)
    Nothing about Broxigar makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

He's so fat so he can't get through the portal!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We don't know (unless it was addresses in Chronicles, I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy).

Frankly, it's a plot hole. Ingame lore has little to say on the topic and the old novels are in a grey area of semi-retcon at this point.
    Yes, it was addressed in Chronicle. He is too far and he knew it'd take ages to reach Azeroth, so he's waiting for a summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nothing about Broxigar makes sense.
    Not really. The only "confusing" matter when it comes to Brox is Sargeras' size, and even that has a possible explanation. What about him didn't make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Burning Legion doesn't have FTL spaceships.
    Demon Hunter campaign has the Fel Hammer move from Mardum to some other crumbly pants destroyed planet seemingly instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Because hes like all the players who will rather spend 10 mins begging for summons than just 5 mins to to get there themselves.
    Lol
    But i think its because he has never found Azeroth, hence no fly master, no flying path. So he can't get there. And to be honest, even if there was a flying path, the trip is too long, he would end up with a very sour ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got the idea to step into limbo and got crushed between two portals. I bet his Titan body has been destroyed and that's why he needs Illidan.

Edit: Oh? So he's not like crushed / bodiless? Wierd. That would of made the most sense..

Chronicles is good, but they really messed up quite a number of things. Ah well. Hopefully the Ethereal lore and the Void lore is good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sargeras basically stepped on an ant while walking to the portal.
    I would imagine it as stepping on Lego, because Brox had the AXE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

My understanding is this:
    Think about artifact power.

Summoning an imp is getting your first talent, 100 AP.
    Summoning a succubus is like 400 AP.
    Summoning a powerful demon is 10.000 AP.
    Summoning a ship is like 10.000AP+demons on it.
    Summoning sargeras is like 10 M AP.

And their "FTL" drives use the twisting nether, which means above rules apply.
    Without FTL, it just takes too long and you don't know what's going on there during this time.

Plus, if you lose people on the way, they'll spawn in the base and it will be impossible to get reinforcements without portals anyway.

The easiest way seems to be looking for opportunities and establish dominance over the place. Then opening the portal will be possible. In the end, they have what they need but they can't silently open a portal like this, especially not in today's world where everyone and their mother knows about legion, with so many powerful mages constantly looking for the threat.

Deleted
    In any case, the Titans had ways of FTL travel in the past. They've basically scoured space looking for nascent Titans. They found Azeroth, took a trip there and back to wherever at least once. Sargeras also had to travel a bit to fight demons, then to find the Void-corrupted Titan soul that he killed.

Perhaps with the fall of Titans something was lost. They were equal in power and had different domains, so I like the idea that despite Sargeras' might in combat being enough to kill the rest, he lacks the power over their domains: he's not Eonar, so he can't shape or create life (only using enslaved demons), he's not Aman'Thul, so maybe he doesn't have sufficient mastery of space and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    In any case, the Titans had ways of FTL travel in the past. They've basically scoured space looking for nascent Titans. They found Azeroth, took a trip there and back to wherever at least once. Sargeras also had to travel a bit to fight demons, then to find the Void-corrupted Titan soul that he killed.

Perhaps with the fall of Titans something was lost. They were equal in power and had different domains, so I like the idea that despite Sargeras' might in combat being enough to kill the rest, he lacks the power over their domains: he's not Eonar, so he can't shape or create life (only using enslaved demons), he's not Aman'Thul, so maybe he doesn't have sufficient mastery of space and time.
    Keep in mind that travelling in space around the universe may not necessarily indicate that they had FTL travel (be it warp-drive or simple flying). I'm not saying that they definitely didn't have FTL travel, but it could be possible that they just took a lot of time travelling here and there.

(Sargeras can shape life, though. He created Xavius' demon body, for example)

The Dimensional Ships instead of being like any other science fiction ship (like Metzen said), could be that they are more like mage portals? But instead of a little zone where it teleports a bunch of people, they are big enough to teleport everyone in the building, in this case the spaceships. You know like an antena amplifying the distance to get further. Someone could tell me how the different teleport methods in WoW work?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    The Dimensional Ships instead of being like any other science fiction ship (like Metzen said), could be that they are more like mage portals? But instead of a little zone where it teleports a bunch of people, they are big enough to teleport everyone in the building, in this case the spaceships. You know like an antena amplifying the distance to get further. Someone could tell me how the different teleport methods in WoW work?
    I will say that if you don't know where are you going then you can't make a portal to this place, and I say this because a portal huge enough to teleport army's and military equipment, AkA the Dark portal, was opened from both sides, but later on any mage could use mini portals to this new planet, the same goes with every expansion when mage learn about the area to make a mini portal, it might be a game mechanic, but if we take it as fact that for a spell-caster must has been sent to the area that we need to open a portal too, and learn a specific magic to use the portal - as my theory is every portal is different kind of spell - then that's why demons can't just invade any plant and must fly/wake/travel to the plant it self before using gigantic portals to it, in case of Azeroth it has never been fully discovered by demons to make this gigantic portal and the easy way to make a portal, that someone from Azeorth open it, aka Queen Azshara and Guld'an.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I will say that if you don't know where are you going then you can't make a portal to this place, and I say this because a portal huge enough to teleport army's and military equipment, AkA the Dark portal, was opened from both sides, but later on any mage could use mini portals to this new planet, the same goes with every expansion when mage learn about the area to make a mini portal, it might be a game mechanic, but if we take it as fact that for a spell-caster must has been sent to the area that we need to open a portal too, and learn a specific magic to use the portal - as my theory is every portal is different kind of spell - then that's why demons can't just invade any plant and must fly/wake/travel to the plant it self before using gigantic portals to it, in case of Azeroth it has never been fully discovered by demons to make this gigantic portal and the easy way to make a portal, that someone from Azeorth open it, aka Queen Azshara and Guld'an.
    With that you have said. I think that mages using portals to teleport to other worlds, for example to teleport to Alternate Draenor, I would assume is more for game mechanics because if not, Archimone had plenty of time to return to Azeroth. Maybe then the Dimensional Ships work exactly like the Dark Portal. I mean, the Legion contacts to a person of one planet. This person makes a gateway in his world and the Legion uses the ships to get there. And then the Invasion begins. Apart from that the Legion also makes a ground portal so the troops could walk to the planet. They may have infinite soldiers but not infinite ships.

Not really. The only "confusing" matter when it comes to Brox is Sargeras' size, and even that has a possible explanation. What about him didn't make sense?
    Why Knaak thought a time travelling Orc was a good idea for a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Dimensional ships. Or they are being summoned too. The three at Broken Shore appear only after Vizuul finishes the spell he's been channeling into air. Or both.
    Wrong, it just looked like a summon when they actually were already there and just disengaged their cloaking devices.