Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    200 walk out, 20,000 stay and watch the show. You trumpeters better hope that isn't an indication of support in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Schumer has a lot of class and it's all low lol. I don't even care that she made a joke on Trump, the chick is setting females in comedy back about 50 years.
    Why? No one gives a shit about male comedians being classless or crass.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Dead serious.

Even if you hate Clinton, you have to be seriously mentally ill to support anything Trump stands for.
    Yikes. I was hoping that such a backwards comment was a joke, but the fact that you are serious is just troubling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    When telling controversy jokes you need to know your crowd. Ashame "anti-pc" people chose to be be offended and can't take a joke.
    I mean I guess if it was a Joke that would make sense, what she said was just straight up slandering. There was no Comedy behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Uhhhh, that is false.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was out of a show of like 20,000. Full arena thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though, you're going to an unashamedly liberal comedian's show in the year of our Lord Twenty Aught Sixteen and not expecting Trump jokes?
    She brought it to a swing state though? Yeah, she's a shit performer as she's always been

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Uhhhh, that is false.
    Seriously? Robin William's stand up was filthy.

1) It wasn't funny.
    2) I thought conservatives don't get butthurt/"can take jokes"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Circle-jerking with this amount of saltiness is painful for your genitals, I highly recommend against it.

Whether you agree or disagree with her style of comedy, the fact still remains that a lot of people find her funny to the point she is performing in sold out large venues. She's made a successful comedy movie as well if I recall, though I haven't seen it yet.

But I'm sure discussing how unfunny she is and patting yourselves on the back for noticing her political affiliation/weight/(insert something to be outraged about here), is going to make tremendous amounts of difference and teach her a lesson .
    We will see how good she is in a few years time. At the end of the day she's not terrible, but the better comics find ways to remain relevant for extended periods of time as establish a brand

She is awesome and fuck any Trumpites whose feelings were hurt.

Oh lord. Hi Wells. Nobody is entirely against low brow humor.... Schumer doesn't even really do that though. And there are shitty male comedians that have rightfully gotten hate, it seems Schumer gets a pass strictly because of her gender.

Oh lord. Hi Wells. Nobody is entirely against low brow humor.... Schumer doesn't even really do that though. And there are shitty male comedians that have rightfully gotten hate, it seems Schumer gets a pass strictly because of her gender.
    Alternatively, she's a liberal comedian who does content aimed towards women. Neither of which makes you part of her market.

This thread is like a bunch of dudes sitting around talking about how terrible Sex and the City is. The internet is really good at confusing not being the target audience with the material being bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Yikes. I was hoping that such a backwards comment was a joke, but the fact that you are serious is just troubling.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I guess if it was a Joke that would make sense, what she said was just straight up slandering. There was no Comedy behind it.
    I'm sorry, where is the line between telling controversial jokes and slander exactly? Ripping into someone as part of your standup isn't slander and the 1st Amendment protects her right to do just that.

I don't see Trump supporters saying anything about Trump making his entire campaign about supposed crimes committed by Bill Clinton to a heckler at his rallies without nam one of them being convicted. That's not slander?

The funniest thing about this are a bunch of "anti-pc" not being handle the smell of the same bullshit they diss out.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively, she's a liberal comedian who does content aimed towards women. Neither of which makes you part of her market.

This thread is like a bunch of dudes sitting around talking about how terrible Sex and the City is. The internet is really good at confusing not being the target audience with the material being bad.
    "Her comedy doesn't relate to me, therefore she is shit"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, where is the line between telling controversial jokes and slander exactly? Ripping into someone as part of your standup isn't slander and the 1st Amendment protects her right to do just that.

I don't see Trump supporters saying anything about Trump making his entire campaign about supposed crimes committed by Bill Clinton to a heckler at his rallies without nam one of them being convicted. That's not slander?

The funniest thing about this are a bunch of "anti-pc" not being handle the smell of the same bullshit they diss out.
    There was no punchline or anything though. Schumer just went off on a tangent and singled people out. They weren't even delovere as jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know that the majority of audiences in comedy clubs were women, or that the arena was filled by a female majority

The problem is that there are other female comedians out there that are way more talented, have class, and you can enjoy them regardless of your sex. Julia Louis Dreyfus is one, Tina Fey is another, for example.

I saw a few clips of this chick and I still have whip lash in my neck from the massive cringe I did as I pulled my head away from the screen. If they ever do a sequel to the revamped Ghost Busters franchise..... they gotta have Schumer in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I didn't know that the majority of audiences in comedy clubs were women, or that the arena was filled by a female majority
    Target audience doesn't mean that's the only people who consume it.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that there are other female comedians out there that are way more talented, have class, and you can enjoy them regardless of your sex. Julia Louis Dreyfus is one, Tina Fey is another, for example.

I saw a few clips of this chick and I still have whip lash in my neck from the massive cringe I did as I pulled my head away from the screen. If they ever do a sequel to the revamped Ghost Busters franchise..... they gotta have Schumer in it.
    Why is class a prerequisite? Classless humor has its place.

But Schumer isn't for you. That's totally fine. Its just silly to act like there's some objective measure of quality for stuff like comedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if she was going in on the crowd or had no punchlines, she wouldn't be the first shock comic with a routine like that. And the fuss isn't about her being controversial is about what she chose to talk about. She could have went in on Bill and I none of them would have left,probably would have bought her CD. They couldn't take a joke about their precious Trump, hypocrites.

Why is class a prerequisite? Classless humor has its place.

But Schumer isn't for you. That's totally fine. Its just silly to act like there's some objective measure of quality for stuff like comedy.
    Carrot top made a lot of money and had a "niche fan base"..... he was still an awful comedian. Schumer will be in that category when it's all said and done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if she was going in on the crowd or had no punchlines, she wouldn't be the first shock comic with a routine like that. And the fuss isn't about her being controversial is about what she chose to talk about. She could have went in on Bill and I none of them would have left,probably would have bought her CD. They couldn't take a joke about their precious Trump, hypocrites.
    Actually it does. If your take is that people can't take a joke then a joke has to actually be made

Carrot top made a lot of money and had a "niche fan base"..... he was still an awful comedian. Schumer will be in that category when it's all said and done.
    The closest thing to an objective measurement of quality for a comedian is popularity. Otherwise you're just privileging your own tastes over everyone else's.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a comedian telling jokes at a comedy show, seems like she was telling jokes to me. Doesn't matter if you think they were unfunny jokes are mean-spirited, they were jokes.