Poll: Did Tirion deserve a better conclusion to his story?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I doubt we have seen the last of him tbh

I think it was a pretty good death actually. But, considering who that character is, he deserved a bit more.

Perhaps he could hold off a bunch of demons while we "deal with the Legion" (AKA get our asses kicked).

He deserved to at least to have his original voice actor come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like... in a fire-...no, make it lava! Fel lava, yeah that's it. With Demonic magic beeing tossed at him while he fights his last fight! Yes, that sounds epic.

Should have been worse.That what he gets by destroying Frostmourne back in Wrath.That son of a bitch.Glad i get my blades and his death in the same expansion;
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    Varian isnt dead. Just Fel corrupted. Notice you never actually see him die.
    You clearly missed the part where he was disenchanted by Gul'dan! he is dead!

@Topic: No, that nub should have died in ICC on the end of an ice cold sword

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Like Jon Snow dead.
    they had at least still Jon's Body to ress him. Nub King ones got disenchanted!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Garrosh isn't dead too, he's just unconscious after getting hit with a bolt of lightning.
    He was crushed by an elemental in other timeline Draenor hes as dead as it gets.

If his death had been "epic," it wouldn't have had the impact they intended it to have.

Considering Blizz shelled out to hire Bernard Hill for the voice of Tirion, I would have expected a wee bit more from him. Though I expected more of him in Wrath for the same reason. /shrug

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He should've got a lot more of an epic ending. He did defeat the Lich King after all.

One of my biggest annoyances of Legion is they killed my 2 favourite characters in the one fucking battle. RIP Varian and Tirion. I really hope they kill Sylvanas in this expansion. God I want her character to be out of the spotlight.

I was like, oh what is this guy doing here? oh he is dead or just stunned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    The man who is glorified as one of the most significant characters in WoW died like a background lackey for an antagonist in a shounen Anime.

Do you believe Tirion deserved a more epic conclusion?
    My wrath is rusty. Did he have much in-game or even lore presence beyond "that guy what got the ashbringer and who there killed arthas" because I'm kinda drawing a blank. Hell the fact that his still wearing the same shitty T10, helmet and all he had in icc is kind of telling
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I think if we had been part of the initial invasion and saw him charge into battle with the Argents it would have been better. Being the second wave made it feel a bit less epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    He was a long standing lore character with a strong background, one who wasn't just another faction bias asshole who looked beyond it.

I wanted for blizzard to at least have his old friend Eitrigg give a talk about Tirion, since metzen wrote the book on their friendship.
    Sure he had a lore role, but still it wasn't nearly as large. I don't think we need a cinematic for every large role character. As far as his role, it wasn't too large after the lich king. He appeared here and there but he was never the focus after that. I think Rhonin should have been mentioned more after the bombing but it didn't make it apparent much past Jaina's temper tantrum.

We can't all be Varian Wrynn. In fairness, Varian's send-off was a new high for Blizz; Absolutely the best death scene and best cinematic in the history of WoW. NO ONE has ever had a final scene like that.

But before we campaign for Tirion (one of my heroes!), how about the Horde in general? Let's not talk like they are other people; most of us here play both factions. Is there any doubt that Varian got a more epic send-off than Vol'jin? And whatever you want to say about Vol'jin, he was one of the Horde's good guys, a relative moderate who worked to keep the Horde together, looked out for the little guy, and was open to peace & compromise with the Alliance.

When I played through Broken Shore on my Alliance toons, all I could think of was "For the Alliance" will have a whole new meaning this day forth.

When I played through Broken Shore on my Horde toons, I was struck by most of it being used to justify Sylvanas taking over rather than honoring the leader we lost.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't see his health bar go empty... is he even really dead?
    He probably bubble hearthed.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of characters that died with even less fuzz.
    Im still salty how they killed Krasus and Rhonin.

That said, Tirions death was almost comical.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    We can't all be Varian Wrynn. In fairness, Varian's send-off was a new high for Blizz; Absolutely the best death scene and best cinematic in the history of WoW. NO ONE has ever had a final scene like that.
    Um... he died to a combination of fall damage, and auto attacks from a warlock pet, I had to double check that Varian wasn't a paladin after he died, because that was classic human paladin behaviour.
    Last edited by alabaster jones; 2016-10-19 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't see his health bar go empty... is he even really dead?
    Play as Paladin you'll find an answer

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Um... he died to a combination of fall damage, and auto attacks from a warlock pet, I had to double check that Varian wasn't a paladin after he died, because that was classic human paladin behaviour.
    He did a free dive off a flying ship, plunged his sword into the head of a fel reaver, then attempted to solo his way (no heals!) through some epic trash to a serious raid boss. When told his sacrifice was for nothing (the ship got away), he replied "For the Alliance".

I still get chills.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"