Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh it is this time again (just before Blizzcon) when we will get 'leaks' about new expansions, races, classes etc.
    This year we got vanilla WoW 'confirmed leak' by random guy from YT.
    IT HAS TO BE TRUE GUYS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Hoping for a fake - why go backwards when you can go forward.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive... A couple vanilla servers could be ran and maintained with little to no difference from what happens now, since all it would require is "are the servers running properly?" checks... It's not like they would be developing content for it... All it would cost them is server hardware space to run it on.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are coming after me because I dont believe this horseshit? Give me a reason to believe it.. No, seriously, give me a reason. Then tell me why this deserves its own thread.
    Report the thread and move on. Backseat modding is generally frowned upon even if you are correct.

Is it leek season? OMG LEEK SEASON CONFIRMED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Hoping for a fake - why go backwards when you can go forward.
    Because the road ahead is void.

I just asked Ion and he told me the guy in this video is full of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Eek you have me believing. The salty tears on this forum will be like a tsunami if they announce legacy.
    And still i don't understand why you are spending (a lot of) time here on this forum (and doing useless post) while you cuold be on your wonderful epic vanilla legacy pirate server having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    And still i don't understand why you are spending (a lot of) time here on this forum (and doing useless post) while you cuold be on your wonderful epic vanilla legacy pirate server having fun!
    Because they closed down the best one lol. Try not to go offtopic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Because they closed down the best one lol. Try not to go offtopic
    But but "It's the experience and magic of Vanilla that count not the server!" cit.

OT: don't believe leaks, if you trust them we shuold be on a "South Sea Expansion", drinking expensive cocktail and sailing right now.

Ah just saw your past posts, i don't need any more explanation now!
    Last edited by mmocb0e3ddb3c1; 2016-10-19 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    so does he mean just classic servers with classic graphics and classic quests and stuff?

why would people even want that? i cant even quest in old zones because i know everything inside out and get bored.

people pay 50$ to NOT do all of that old stuff and boost a character to 100.

why would you pay for the option to do it slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    so does he mean just classic servers with classic graphics and classic quests and stuff?
    why would people even want that? i cant even quest in old zones because i know everything inside out and get bored.
    Something something nostalgia something.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive... A couple vanilla servers could be ran and maintained with little to no difference from what happens now, since all it would require is "are the servers running properly?" checks... It's not like they would be developing content for it... All it would cost them is server hardware space to run it on.
    Didn't Blizzard say that they don't have the code anymore to very old server software?
    Plus people will demand support, etc.
    It sounds like they'd need to invest quite some bucks for these 1000 players - which nobody really cares about, 'cept they're just really annoying, like vegetarians. Whilst some points are valid, it's mostly just nostalgia.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-10-19 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post

Clearly you are focusing on one thing that existed in classic and not the majority of the things, design and whatnot that made the whole game.

You only focus on questing, that's the first mistake. Questing alone is not why people ask for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm buddies with Mike Morhaime, he just confirmed to me its legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Clearly you are focusing on one thing that existed in classic and not the majority of the things, design and whatnot that made the whole game.

You only focus on questing, that's the first mistake. Questing alone is not why people ask for this.
    so what could it be then? standing in dungeon spamming one button for frost bolt casts?

the problem here is, that all the nostalgic feelings of that minority of veteran players is just an experience in their head, which they had when WOW was a completely fresh and new thing, nobody has ever felt before. you cant recreate that feelings with just having servers running old stuff.

i cant imagine how this would last for long - also what if you level a character to lvl 60 and did everything possible in the game? how would it proceed from that point?

expand to lvl 70? and then to 85 and then to... you get the idea, sooner or later you'll be at the point where the "real" wow is now.

the only thing that makes sense to ME personally is, that they launch a completely different game, with unique style and unique classes that trys to built a world to be experienced suchs as the classic vanilla wow did back in the days. maybe even wow 2.0 could be a thing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread for this, a mega thread. And I doubt it is real.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not meaning to start an argument, but while this thread is here: Can someone explain to me the appeal of Vanilla/BC servers and why they would be a viable business strategy for Blizz?

I ask because every expansion that comes out we have people complaining at various points about how they have "done all the content" or that there is a "content drought" between new expansions, a point which i wouldn't necessarily disagree with.

With that in mind, why would anyone want to go back to a previous expansion and repeatedly play content that has already existed for years? Where is the longevity? Keeping in mind that because these servers are based on being true to vanilla and BC there would never be any new content patches, people would just be clearing BT and sunwell endlessly, or sitting in the same arena season with the same balance issues forever.
    How would this possibly retain player numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    Not meaning to start an argument, but while this thread is here: Can someone explain to me the appeal of Vanilla/BC servers and why they would be a viable business strategy for Blizz?

I ask because every expansion that comes out we have people complaining at various points about how they have "done all the content" or that there is a "content drought" between new expansions, a point which i wouldn't necessarily disagree with.

With that in mind, why would anyone want to go back to a previous expansion and repeatedly play content that has already existed for years? Where is the longevity? Keeping in mind that because these servers are based on being true to vanilla and BC there would never be any new content patches, people would just be clearing BT and sunwell endlessly, or sitting in the same arena season with the same balance issues forever.
    How would this possibly retain player numbers?
    Read the mega thread, literally everything is answered there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If true I would play on it for around 60 days only to remember all the awful design choices they had in vanilla. Then return to live.

Mindset of the BUISNESS folks over at blizzard too most likely.

Unless its like Everquest 2 TLE servers where people rush to clear the content, goes on to the live server and waits for the next expansion to release.

My gut reaction would be this is a massive pile of BS. However, I'd love to be wrong.

Nostalgia leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4