Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Make that "damage is increased by your critical strike chance" at all times and scaling now is easy we would love us the hell out of some crit thanks.
    That actually does sound nice and would indeed fix the central problem of the spec ..

Deleted
    Am I reading this wrong or do Blood and Frost also get Death Coil in 7.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That actually does sound nice and would indeed fix the central problem of the spec ..
    Aye I would LOVE that aswell. Big crits IS frost. Always been and its one of my fav. things with the specs (and no pet :P)

Guess I'm going druid

Deleted
    i don't get why obliterate doesn't do any frost damage, if it did half frost / half physical, wouldn't that at least make it scale better because of mastery?

And this is why I knew people shouldn't celebrate about supposed buffs. These do nothing for DK. Scaling is still garbage. OB still sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i don't get why obliterate doesn't do any frost damage, if it did half frost / half physical, wouldn't that at least make it scale better because of mastery?
    It is a good idea, the frost system is inherently flawed because of how the passives interact with the stats we can get. We have problems with Mastery, Haste and Crit. Although they made Crit scaling a lot better with Legion because of new talents.

There are some ways blizzard can fix the specc but i dont expect them to change that huge amount of a specc in a "small" content patch. If we are lucky we can get some design changes in 7.2
    Before that i assume there will only be number changes.

Still the buffs are pretty good, did some calculations. We get 13-14.5% more dmg. We are in line with unholy, thats all i hoped for.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sure Design changes would be nice but better the buffs than nothing ^^

Rekkles

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Obliterate itself isnt a big problem. It scales fine with all stats, since rime is attached which scales with masetery.
    The problem is just that the talent that competes with obliterate(frostscythe) scales like crazy with crit and mastery, so at some point it will always be better than obliterate.
    They just need to adjust frostscythe to deal double dmg on KM proccs, instead of doing 4times crit dmg and the spec would be in a state where you could actually balance it.
    You are completely wrong. Obliterate cannibalizes crit and the diminishing returns become apparent quite quickly. Obliterate is precisely why Frost scales probably the worse of any class. HB even boosted with Rime does pathetic damage. Do you realize that Frostcythe scales with mastery, crits do four times the damage, almost every Frost DK is using MG setup and it is still the worst dps spec in the game?

Obliterate needs to do frost damage, get the Chaos Bolt mechanic or get a much higher buff than that love tap they are giving it.

Deleted
    also was hoping for a buff to crystaline swords, its pathetic atm

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    also was hoping for a buff to crystaline swords, its pathetic atm
    Especially considering it is the first thing you get for your weapon.. getting a weak passive instead of any kind of active skill is just awful. How frost ever made it past the beta phase is beyond me. I'd rather have it as an active skill that I can press every now and then and just pierce the enemy with weapon clones instead of the current thing. At the moment the swords are just visual clutter..

Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    Am I reading this wrong or do Blood and Frost also get Death Coil in 7.1?
    They don't, it's something to do with left over code from when those specs had access to Death Coil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Especially considering it is the first thing you get for your weapon.. getting a weak passive instead of any kind of active skill is just awful. How frost ever made it past the beta phase is beyond me. I'd rather have it as an active skill that I can press every now and then and just pierce the enemy with weapon clones instead of the current thing. At the moment the swords are just visual clutter..
    yeah, those swords were so dissapointing! they do like 2% of our damage! so worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Julosch View Post
    Im thinking of taking Bad to the Bone in the Artifact instead of Blast radius for the new patch what do you think?
    Bad to the Bone is still a hot garbage artifiact talent.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Frost
    Howling Blast Blast the target with a frigid wind, dealing [ 55% = [ 82.5% of AP ] Frost damage to that foe, and [ 46.8% = [ 70.1% of AP ] Frost damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, infecting all targets with Frost Fever. Frost Fever A disease that deals [ 440% of AP ] Frost damage over 24 sec and has a chance to grant the Death Knight 5 Runic Power each time it deals damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 1 Runes. 30 yd range. Instant.
    Obliterate A brutal attack with both weapons that deals a total of (760% = 912% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 2 Runes. Melee range. Instant.
    Runeforging
    Rune of Razorice Affixes your weapon with a rune that causes 10% extra weapon damage as Frost damage and increases enemies' vulnerability to your Frost attacks by 2% = 3%, stacking up to 5 times. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold. 5 sec cast.

As Shown is this enough?

I was hoping for more something to improve our weapons main ability.

= means new seeing copy text does not come with color lol
    They should have made 'Nothing but Boots' trait differently or change the frost strike distance increase to something else.

My idea for nothing but boots (only problem is that it makes relics OP for that slot and that would be an issue).

Obliterate critical damage deals an additional 6% frost damage

To prevent the relic stacking you could also look at Chill of the Grave.

Obliterate deals additional damage as frost

Other alternatives are

frost damage into obliterate straight up.

Mastery changed to include obliterate (would this cause mastery to be to strong ?)

Give a new talent in the place of hungering rune weapon- Obliterate deals frost damage for 8 seconds when you activate remorseless winter

Passive ability, talent, or trait - Frost Fever has a chance to cause Obliterate to deal extra damage as frost. (we already have enough procs but it's an idea.) Alternative to this is Shattering Blow-Obliterate used on a target with Frost Fever deal extra frost damage

Deleted
    IMO, good way to balance frost DK aoe and single target dmg could be making FScythe 3x instead of 4x crit dmg and with pair with it give Obliterate scaling (scaling with mastery but still physical dmg or Chaos bolt style crit scaling) that ensures Fscythe will never (i mean high mastery rating) beat Obliterate in single target dps. Also good idea (imo) to replace Crystaline Swords could be rework of actual the worst PvP talent.

cooldown: (75s - X),
    cost: ???
    Descryption: gives your next Obliterate empowered Killing Machine buff. This Obliterate strike will be 100% crit chance and do (200% + 2*X%) crit dmg. Cooldown is reduced by equeal amount of your crit chance.

X means our crit % in formulas, and for sure IT NOT REPLACE normal KM proc.

----
    Offtopic : actual Frost DK while doing rotation looks like Lord Marrowgar, Booone Storm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    it's at least a 16% buff for ob+ra single target according to my calculations (being generous with frozen pulse being a 20% buff, should be way higher for obliterate)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zt4/edit#gid=0

We kinda got from the absolute bottom by miles, to close to middle of the pack now.
    350k DPS on Ursoc Mythic with 870 ilvl... hmmm Monks out-do us by far still single target with lower Ilvl and Higher dmg ... or you did something wrong ofc

First off, I'll say that I main Unholy but would have no issues playing Frost. I don't want either spec to be hugely OP over the other one and I really don't care about topping the meters like an Spriest or Arms Warrior atm. All I want is my 95% parses to not be the 75% parse of someone else. Close the gap a little and I'm happy. Hopefully these changes are just the first pass of something more aggressive in the coming weeks.

...Hopefully

AoE I think the spec will be pretty good, ST will be okay..Not great not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    AoE I think the spec will be pretty good, ST will be okay..Not great not bad.
    Back to the roots all in all. We will see how it plays out but I have hopes.

7+ Year Old Account
    thats all PvP buffs or am I reading the main page wrong?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual