Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Sephuz can be OP in M+, which is a significant aspect of game right now. 10 seconds of mini-heroism out of every 30? When trash packs are a bigger barrier between you and that 880 loot than the bosses? Tell me again how this is garbage?
    hmm i never considered myhtic+ when looking at that ring and you are very right about it in that regard. its still shit for raiding

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i just got my legendary, 29 days, 7 hours, played time
    every heroic and normal boss, every week since opening
    did every mythic (all 10) every week for the first 4 weeks
    ive done every emisarry cache every day since the 30th (since i reached 110 before reset)
    have been able to equip 2 legendaries for i think 5 days?

not my best one, but whatever there is 2 i want specificly, and hope i get those at some point...

also btw talking to a few other guilds on the server, and freinds, alot of people are getting their first legendary today.. that is very weird... blizz might have done something

our guild got 6 new people with legendaries (one person got a second, but 6 people got their first) and normally in a raid night we will see 0 legendaries, maybe see one every 2 weeks drop, today we saw 3 drop, one on normal nyth, one on heroic nythendra, mine on heroic dragons
    Blizzard said that being online alone would increase the chance for a legendary and that 30 days online increase the chance for a legendary to 100%

The fact that you nearly have 30 days of online time aswell as a shit ton of other activity and you only now got your legendary tells me that they lied to us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Blizzard said that being online alone would increase the chance for a legendary and that 30 days online increase the chance for a legendary to 100%
    What, no they havent. Stop spreading shit you heard from a friend who heard from a friend, or just flat out made up.

ive done every emisarry cache every day since the 30th (since i reached 110 before reset)

not my best one, but whatever there is 2 i want specificly, and hope i get those at some point...

also btw talking to a few other guilds on the server, and freinds, alot of people are getting their first legendary today.. that is very weird... blizz might have done something

our guild got 6 new people with legendaries (one person got a second, but 6 people got their first) and normally in a raid night we will see 0 legendaries, maybe see one every 2 weeks drop, today we saw 3 drop, one on normal nyth, one on heroic nythendra, mine on heroic dragons
    That item reminds me strongly of Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    I wish there was a more deterministic way to acquire these legendaries. I'm not one of those people that think legendaries shouldn't be in the game or that we have to potentially farm or wait a long time for them to drop, I just wish when it finally did drop it was the one I wanted and not some pvp ring... It sucks looking at at people with 2 BIS legendaries doing dps I will never achieve and it's purely because they were luckier.
    Because it's RNG it could be that someone somewhere will never see a legendary, or in a better scenario will see one legendary but it's the worst one, the whole expansion. This player will never be able to compete with anyone who has 2 BiS legendaries. And even if this is just a small possibility or how small the impact is on the game it shows how bad this system is. Someone should never feel so f-ed over by RNG loot drops.

I agree with Blizzard that legendaries dropping from a raid boss with a 0.1% drop chance wasn't ideal. Some guilds would have a whole raid with legendaries while other guilds would only have two or three players wielding one. But now it drops from basically anywhere for everyone AND you can equip TWO of them. Am I missing something and am I just being stupid or did they just make that problem a hundred times worse? Blizzard always does these kind of things regarding WoW... they are great at polishing their 12 yo game but this is just stupid. They must have some other motives to put something so stupid in their game. But why would I expect something different really... after LFR and Garissons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They tried the deterministic way in MoP/WoD. If you put in the time/effort you got one. You could even upgrade it with even more effort.
    People hated it and complained about welfare legendaries. So this is what we got. Thanks all.

All this complaining in Legion will most likely result in a total 180-design turn again. Probably to a direction that end up removing them - or making them completely cosmetic/watered down to a point where the try-hards won't care. But maybe that's exactly what this community deserves. We don't like "fun". Just look at the post above.
    What "fun"? I didn't have fun at all getting my legendary cloak. It was just a boring and way too easy grind I did all by myself.

Legendaries were fun when they were aquired for your guild and not for the players. It was a goal you worked towards with your guild and if you got lucky you were the one who could use it. But when you start giving them away to literally everyone then you better be ready to make it balanced and fair so players don't fall terribly behind on dps/hps or frustrate them. It's not that big of a deal when only 3% has to deal with that but now everyone needs to deal with it.

Btw, no one asked for this. No one.

Deleted
    Sephuz can be OP in M+, which is a significant aspect of game right now. 10 seconds of mini-heroism out of every 30? When trash packs are a bigger barrier between you and that 880 loot than the bosses? Tell me again how this is garbage?
    Beneficial instead of being useless sure - but idk about OP though. Especially when compared to many of the class legendaries.

I've had Sephuz' since before mythic dungeons came out and it's honestly worthless most of the time, might be better for some classes with an instant stun, but my stun is a 1.5 second cast, which then awards me with 10 seconds of haste boost. This feels very insignificant since it drops off so quickly, and the extra amount of spells i would get off from it usually almost evens out with the 1.5 seconds extra i had to use triggering the effect. Not to mention ofc. that it is completely worthless on dungeon bosses and in most raid encounters raids (il'gynoth, xavius and dragons have a few occassional adds which can be stunned, however not enough to make the ring matter).

On top of this comes the fact that it's a ring, so the high base item level of it doesn't even provide you with extra main stat, which means that if crit and haste are some of your worst stats, then it might not even be worth equipping over no legendary for some classes.

In my opinion it's pretty safe to say that it's garbage.
    Last edited by mmocc8c4e592e4; 2016-10-19 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Not so funny for a Holy Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

The fact that you nearly have 30 days of online time aswell as a shit ton of other activity and you only now got your legendary tells me that they lied to us again.
    Source?

I call bullshit.

They would never announce some crap like that and have never done either.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Not so funny for a Holy Priest
    Well you do have chastise. Comapred to disc. That being said I got 2 legendaries, the ring and the boots. both effects are useless as hell. Heck the boots only were a 15 ilv upgrade. I legit got dissapointed that I got that legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levifer View Post
    Source?

I call bullshit.

They would never announce some crap like that and have never done either.
    You're right. Pretty sure Ion Hazzikostas said the exact opposite to that during the last Q&A. In other words, online time doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybrough View Post
    Beneficial instead of being useless sure - but idk about OP though. Especially when compared to many of the class legendaries.

I've had Sephuz' since before mythic dungeons came out and it's honestly worthless most of the time, might be better for some classes with an instant stun, but my stun is a 1.5 second cast, which then awards me with 10 seconds of haste boost. This feels very insignificant since it drops off so quickly, and the extra amount of spells i would get off from it usually almost evens out with the 1.5 seconds extra i had to use triggering the effect. Not to mention ofc. that it is completely worthless on dungeon bosses and in most raid encounters raids (il'gynoth, xavius and dragons have a few occassional adds which can be stunned, however not enough to make the ring matter).

On top of this comes the fact that it's a ring, so the high base item level of it doesn't even provide you with extra main stat, which means that if crit and haste are some of your worst stats, then it might not even be worth equipping over no legendary for some classes.

In my opinion it's pretty safe to say that it's garbage.
    It doesn't only proc with stuns. My vengeance DH procs it with Sigil of Misery (fear), Sigil of Silence, and Imprison. If I had it on my pally, it would proc from Avengers Shield. All stuff I use frequently anyway, so it has a very high uptime.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post

they want us to run for it...one more time
    The problem they dont seem to understand is that if you constantlt deny the mouse its cheesecit eventually stops doing whatever. Actually its worse than that, theirs a potential for rhe frustation to turn into aggression.

Deleted
    It doesn't only proc with stuns. My vengeance DH procs it with Sigil of Misery (fear), Sigil of Silence, and Imprison. If I had it on my pally, it would proc from Avengers Shield. All stuff I use frequently anyway, so it has a very high uptime.
    As i said, it varies from class to class how easy it is to proc, my stun (which is my only cc outside of single target fear which a lot of mobs are immune to and would be completely useless outside of proccing the ring) has a cast time so it's not as worth it as if i had an instant stun or CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The problem they dont seem to understand is that if you constantlt deny the mouse its cheesecit eventually stops doing whatever. Actually its worse than that, theirs a potential for rhe frustation to turn into aggression.
    I mostly comes down to probability. For most of WoW's life drops have had a specific location and a specific chance, if we exclude items bought for currency and such.
    * Let's say chest X drops from boss Y and the drop chance is 5%. That means that if I run the instance 20 times I'll have a good chance of at least seeing the chest drop and hopefully I'll win the roll. This keeps you motivated to do that boss until you get your reward and after that it might not have the same appeal other than helping friends. Personal loot sort of destroys this a little bit since now you don't know what the drop percentage is, you might never get the item at all but you probably will at some point.
    * With legendaries you don't know the drop percentage of the item you want and you don't know where it'll drop from. Sure you might keep running everything for a while in hopes of getting it but after a while you'll just give up.
    * Titanforging/socketing/tertiary suffers from the same problem as legendaries sort of except you know where the item drops. You can keep farming that particular boss for a while but after a while you'll realize that you'll probably never get that 895 tank chest with a socket and perfect teriaries.

It seems like Blizzard want us to wander around mindlessly stumbling upon rewards and being happy for anything that drops that is an iLvl upgrade like in Diablo but that's not really how gearing in MMORPGs (should) work in my opinion.
    You need to have some sort of planned route for your character progression, like crafting a 3p set that's the best in the game, like getting that trinket that's the best for your class and not some crappy version of it. We need some sort of control and not have everything be RNG based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    0.1% chance on everything, it will become 0.1% after bad luck protection. It mean you have 2000% higher chance than before.
    why some of you are talking about bad luck protection, what is that ? curious : P

"we almost should have implemented bad luck protection" 25:35 in the interview with Ion

so, it's just pure RNG, it's "mostly just random", the more thing you do the more likely you are to get a lengendary, so it's just RNG + what you do in game maybe very slightly interfere with drop chance, and by that, I think he's talking about the fact that the harder content you do the more chance you have to get a legendary, so it's not at all tied to your character, just tied to your actions
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-19 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted

Similar story to you. Had my Rogue do EVERYTHING for the first 2 weeks. Rerolled Hunter and kept up the same routine, also leveled a Druid/Monk and have been doing Emissary quests every day on essentially all 4 characters. Leveled my Priest, hit 860+ in less than a week, then the legendary neck dropped as the character was just hitting a week old, 2 days later got a 2nd legendary which was the ring..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hardcow/simple

Seems SO random, it's unreal. Not that I don't enjoy that, I'm probably one of the few who really enjoys the system

Edit: Priest was the only character a Legendary dropped for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I mostly comes down to probability. For most of WoW's life drops have had a specific location and a specific chance, if we exclude items bought for currency and such.
    * Let's say chest X drops from boss Y and the drop chance is 5%. That means that if I run the instance 20 times I'll have a good chance of at least seeing the chest drop and hopefully I'll win the roll. This keeps you motivated to do that boss until you get your reward and after that it might not have the same appeal other than helping friends. Personal loot sort of destroys this a little bit since now you don't know what the drop percentage is, you might never get the item at all but you probably will at some point.
    * With legendaries you don't know the drop percentage of the item you want and you don't know where it'll drop from. Sure you might keep running everything for a while in hopes of getting it but after a while you'll just give up.
    * Titanforging/socketing/tertiary suffers from the same problem as legendaries sort of except you know where the item drops. You can keep farming that particular boss for a while but after a while you'll realize that you'll probably never get that 895 tank chest with a socket and perfect teriaries.

It seems like Blizzard want us to wander around mindlessly stumbling upon rewards and being happy for anything that drops that is an iLvl upgrade like in Diablo but that's not really how gearing in MMORPGs (should) work in my opinion.
    You need to have some sort of planned route for your character progression, like crafting a 3p set that's the best in the game, like getting that trinket that's the best for your class and not some crappy version of it. We need some sort of control and not have everything be RNG based.
    Agreed. The only thing i would add is that they really diluted the sense of reward even when you do win. You won that neck piece, its an 50 ilvl upgrade awesome!!! Oh wait its vers... yea no....honestly man ive been playing alot more destiny as of recently and rng is still a thing in that game but so is currency acquisition and it feels alot better. Its not perfect, you can get shitty perks on weapons for example but theirs fixed items you can earn and reps you can farm. Deterministic stuff. Thats the better model.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-19 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    "we almost should have implemented bad luck protection" 25:35 in the interview with Ion
    How are people misquoting Ion this much? At that exact timestamp, he says "we almost should have implemented good luck protection", talking about people getting 2+ legendaries in quick succession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verundi View Post
    How are people misquoting Ion this much? At that exact timestamp, he says "we almost should have implemented good luck protection", talking about people getting 2+ legendaries in quick succession.
    doesn't change the fact that they never said there is bad luck protection for anything in the game : P I'm interested to read any official quotes if there's any

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    doesn't change the fact that they never said there is bad luck protection for anything in the game : P I'm interested to read any official quotes if there's any
    There is one from a Developer Q&A in June: https://youtu.be/YLbiU1oIXLo?t=18m8s

There is, you know, bad luck protection (...) the longer you've gone without getting one of these, the better your odds are getting under the hood and at some point eventually you're going to get one.
    So no details obviously, but I'd take that as confirmation that there's some system in place