Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagar View Post
    So is this a significant buff for our single target? 10% to Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles, but increased mana costs.

For multi-target this is a clear nerf because the damage is the same but mana cost was increased.

It's definitely not a significant buff. We have mana issues. Leave our mana alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Even then we could barely compete with many other classes and specs, MM hunter and shadow priest sustained dps is higher than even Arcane's highest "burst". We had that gameplay in Cata, it wasn't even competetive for anything other than Spine.
    Again. Gameplay mechanics and actuall numbers are two completely seperate things.

One is how the class is played and how it feels. It defines your rotation and prioritys. After you have that ironed out you can simply start applying flat buffs or nerfs to the spells overall to bring it to were it should be compared with the other classes.

Problem of the arcan mage is that the mechanics are not even where they should be.

So Celestalon said it is intended as a "significant buff". There has to be a playstyle that they are balancing around and that we are overlooking.
    Celestalon also said Brewmasters were overpowered and nearly unkillable during beta.

This is the perfect proof that Blizzard is managed by total retards, so much is 100% certain. Nerfing the already worst spec, while deliberately leaving many others blatantly overpowered, instead they waste time buffing the universally hated Frost spec no one likes anyway.
    It can be said with certainty now that they clearly have malicious intentions regarding gameplay in this expansion, what a disrepectful steaming dogshit company.
    Why do you state "universally hated", many of us enjoyed Frosts rapid fire play style, reason we aren't playing it now is because Blizzard has done a fucking horrible job balancing specs across not only our class, but all classes. They were told of these mage problems for months in Beta and did NOTHING. I even posted several times all they needed to do was visit that class hall and they would see balance was fucked for mages because 98%+ of them were fire, any fucking developer worth his pay would only need to see that once to know s/he had huge problems with balance for that spec.

Then they come out with HORSESHIT that they won't further buff Frost because they forced fire down mages throats and it wouldn't be fair because artifact. Are you fucking kidding me!

This horseshit argument doesn't go away either, because after 34, we have 20/20 for another +15% damage. You are truly wedged into that spec until you can spend 54 on a second spec. So expect them to keep falling back to this for another 6+ months, meaning until they see players with enough AP to fill two specs to 54. Would not be shocked if they added traits to the Artifact before then, thus extending the currentr BS arguement.

Even then we could barely compete with many other classes and specs, MM hunter and shadow priest sustained dps is higher than even Arcane's highest "burst". We had that gameplay in Cata, it wasn't even competetive for anything other than Spine.
    With every post, you're showing further that you have no idea what you're talking about. MM Hunter has below average (and below arcane) sustained single target DPS. They're performing well because of their spread cleave which happens to be pretty useful in EN as well as their extremely high (although luck-dependent) burst during trueshot, especially sub-20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    With every post, you're showing further that you have no idea what you're talking about. MM Hunter has below average (and below arcane) sustained single target DPS. They're performing well because of their spread cleave which happens to be pretty useful in EN as well as their extremely high (although luck-dependent) burst during trueshot, especially sub-20%.
    It's apparent that you have no clue about MM hunters. It doesn't require rocket science to see that they're overpowered across the board, including sustained ST.

Deleted
    so with this mana nerf, are we dropping haste and going full mastry > crit? cheers in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zord View Post
    so with this mana nerf, are we dropping haste and going full mastry > crit? cheers in advanced.
    We were stacking Haste ? Since when ? I thought we were stacking Mastery + Crit from the start.

It's apparent that you have no clue about MM hunters. It doesn't require rocket science to see that they're overpowered across the board, including sustained ST.
    Mythic has no pure single target fights so here are the respective maximum DPS for the heroic versions which are purely single target:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...3&difficulty=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...1&difficulty=4

It's noteworthy that both fights have extremely short fight durations on heroic which inflates MM DPS because the second trueshot typically fits right into execute phase (+30% crit) before the boss dies and yet MM is doing average at best.

If there were any actual sustained single target DPS fights (>5 minutes) this tier, you'd see that MM is below average in that regard.

Edit: Here's another interesting stat you can look at: Player damage to bosses (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps) - see how low all hunter specs are?

You seem to be one of those people who think their beliefs are as valid as factual evidence. Tip: Nobody gives a fuck about your beliefs.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-19 at 01:54 PM.

lol someone on AT just showed that the damage does not make up for the mana cost.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...&t=3000#p26853

Another commenter tested it on PTR and said that the rotation is no longer as intuitive.

They really failed hard on this one. Please let them know.

10+ Year Old Account

So Celestalon said it is intended as a "significant buff". There has to be a playstyle that they are balancing around and that we are overlooking.
    They should remove the mana cost increase, obviously that was going to negate the buff they did to spells. Unless the mana cost increase was a mistake on their part.

this is just sad lol

Someone should definitely email that Celestion person and explain to them the math of 16.5% increased DPS minus 20% increased mana cost = negative DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    I think I'm done with WoW. Arcane mages have severe issues with mana as is. I deal a lot of front loaded DPS and then I have to wait awhile before I can dps again, dealing low low amounts of damage. Mana is a HUGE concern.

Everyone knows this.

So what does blizzard do? INCREASES MANA BY A SHIT TON for casting arcane blast.

Arcane is essentially a useless spec. Thanks for wasting my time leveling the spec, blizzard.
    1) You wasted your own time. Don't blame Blizzard for your shortcoming.

2) I play a mage every xpac. Arcane has been prevalent for too long. It's nice to get a breath of fresh, fiery air. Try to smell the burning roses.

Increased dps is increased dps. Mana cost "only" shift us from "burn" to "conserve" phase.
    I think Blizzard should apply only the buffs now and make the nerf part when T19 is out (which is "early 2017").
    Also, they have to increase Quickening's time as in this laggy environment (EU), arcane is unplayable. 1-2 freezes per fights are destroying the quickening buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrionyEddon View Post
    Someone should definitely email that Celestion person and explain to them the math of 16.5% increased DPS minus 20% increased mana cost = negative DPS gain.
    Well, the % dmg increase is actually dependent on your mastery levels. At 50% mastery, we talk about almost 20% dmg increase, at 30% mastery, its dropping to around 18%, and only at lower mastery we are at the 16,5%.

At mastery at around 70%, it's a roughly 25,2% dmg increase. So yeah, this change will definately scale better with higher mastery.
    However, given the rotational changes it is unclear to me, how many 4xAB you will lose because of longer time in conserve phase.

So yeah, i guess we will have to wait until logs are out. So far, i can see it go either way.

I just wanna go back to arcane blizz, pleeeeeease fix

Might want to tell the hunters that. If you go over to their forums all they do is complain about Mages and their dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Well, the % dmg increase is actually dependent on your mastery levels. At 50% mastery, we talk about almost 20% dmg increase, at 30% mastery, its dropping to around 18%, and only at lower mastery we are at the 16,5%.

At mastery at around 70%, it's a roughly 25,2% dmg increase. So yeah, this change will definately scale better with higher mastery.
    However, given the rotational changes it is unclear to me, how many 4xAB you will lose because of longer time in conserve phase.

So yeah, i guess we will have to wait until logs are out. So far, i can see it go either way.
    Please explain your Math. 10% more base dmg should still be 10% more effective dmg even after appling any number of multipliers. And that is what Mastery is. A multiplier.