Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have been looking at your guide for witch talen to choose in Emerald Nightmare, and at the same time looking at logs from warcraftlogs. If i look at warcraft logs i can see that at some fights people choose SC. My question is at what point should i choose SC > DB ??

And btw. Thanks

Before I get lost in sims does anyone know how much The Chrono Shard 2 set bonus is worth?

For me it would mean going from a 865 Crit-Haste neck to a 845 Vers-Mast with socket.

I've read Not's guide and understand what's up. That said, I am still having a hard time getting decent Demo numbers. Granted, I've played Destro almost exclusively until I got that cool Thak'iel alternate head look.

I feel like I'm constantly staring at expiration timers and there's much more pressure on me than in normal Destro rotations. Pathetically, I did 115k dps on a heroic 5-man, whereas I pull circa 250k on destro in EN and mythics. I'm sure things can be improved with my rotation. Part of it is that I feel there's too much going on and possibly I can't handle it all. Shadowflame I can work with and find useful for shard generation on the fly, but Implosion I find a challenge with timing and such. If I spec Hand of Doom and Darkglare, I am much more competent, but, not sure how much a DPS loss there is. I assume that talent combo is kinda worthless for bosses.

Can someone suggest a noob-ish Demo spec for someone that is decent and not too demanding? I'm a competent player and have just been frustrated by my Demo performance. P.S. my iLevel is 847, haste at 26%, 18 ranks into Thak'iel (working on Doom upgrades now.)

Here's my char link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elphius/simple

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post
    I've read Not's guide and understand what's up. That said, I am still having a hard time getting decent Demo numbers. Granted, I've played Destro almost exclusively until I got that cool Thak'iel alternate head look.

I feel like I'm constantly staring at expiration timers and there's much more pressure on me than in normal Destro rotations. Pathetically, I did 115k dps on a heroic 5-man, whereas I pull circa 250k on destro in EN and mythics. I'm sure things can be improved with my rotation. Part of it is that I feel there's too much going on and possibly I can't handle it all. Shadowflame I can work with and find useful for shard generation on the fly, but Implosion I find a challenge with timing and such. If I spec Hand of Doom and Darkglare, I am much more competent, but, not sure how much a DPS loss there is. I assume that talent combo is kinda worthless for bosses.

Can someone suggest a noob-ish Demo spec for someone that is decent and not too demanding? I'm a competent player and have just been frustrated by my Demo performance. P.S. my iLevel is 847, haste at 26%, 18 ranks into Thak'iel (working on Doom upgrades now.)

Here's my char link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elphius/simple
    The biggest thing I see is "constantly staring at expiration timers"?? why? you should be pounding out minions as fast as you can and buffing them with demonic empowerment asap. When they expire is kinda a non issue. I'm in 844 ilvl 36% haste 38% mastery and 19% crit and im doing 240k single target and anywhere more than that with impossion aoe build.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    @Liarparadox
    You can probably safely ignore being in close for the first 4-8 roars. Might get some back talk from your raid leaders, but tell 'em to toss off until blizzard gives locks mobility. After all you're trying to beat the top parse on that fight, and that scummy troll gets lifegripped TWICE so that he never has to stop casting.*

Later in the fight though you'll need to do your part still. Pretty scary fight for healers.

*Not actually true
    hehe thanks for this. I may try it if I'm not assigned to the first soak group (Or I'll ask to be moved into the second one).

And to the poster about DE being an aura to maintain, exactly what I was thinking. This constant recasting DE needs to end. I like Demo; but it's a buzzkill casting this over and over and over again. Aura please and make it instant or cast on move while we're at it. That along with life tap and mobility is probably solved. Next up: ramp up time being absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Slure View Post
    The biggest thing I see is "constantly staring at expiration timers"?? why? you should be pounding out minions as fast as you can and buffing them with demonic empowerment asap. When they expire is kinda a non issue. I'm in 844 ilvl 36% haste 38% mastery and 19% crit and im doing 240k single target and anywhere more than that with impossion aoe build.
    Read his whole post:

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice
    Shadowflame I can work with and find useful for shard generation on the fly, but Implosion I find a challenge with timing and such.
    Expiration matters for implosion, since you want to implode before they expire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How exactly were the stat priorities determined and what profile was used? I'm starting to work my way through simming different talent sets and encounter types, and so far I am consistently getting haste at around .7 of int and the rest of the stats at around .55 of int on some pretty varied fight types.
    Probably because you're only importing from the armory, which we've established is flawed for Demo.
    You need to export the string from the Simulationcraft addon to get accurate values.

Do Imps trigger the shard from Feretory of Souls or any other spell? Not sure how Demonbolt is classed but probably not as I am not directly casting a fire spell.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2016-10-16 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yep, I definitely am. Is the addon on Curse?
    Yes it is indeed, it's called just Simulationcraft. After installed, type /simc in-game. Copy that string and either replace your armory imported values, or make a New sim tab and paste it.
    It's got to do with artifact weapon and relics not being imported correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teklb View Post
    Anyone else having issues with Doom's damage not corresponding to the spell's tooltip damage ?
    Yes. It shows like 350k on tooltip and hits for like 100k under that if not doom doubled or a crit (obviously). Kind of pissed me off. Even does it against lower level targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    Yes. It shows like 350k on tooltip and hits for like 100k under that if not doom doubled or a crit (obviously). Kind of pissed me off. Even does it against lower level targets.
    Trying to figure this out long time. Have you ever used DoA relic like me anytime ? Maybe after the relic is removed the tooltip is not escalated back to origial values ?

Ibhave not used that relic at 110 that I know of. Now if I had used it while leveling from a drop/quest reward...not sure there. Either way the tooltip would not be that far off from an additional 10%.

Plus I want to say it does the damage it states at times as well. Maybe I'm just raid buffed and comparing it to normal tooltip damage.

I've even thought maybe when overwriting doom that it was doing some weird rolling or cutting off of damage. But then I've just cast spoon and waited for it to tick and watched it do less damage.

I see the trinket list, but don't see the two I'm trying to compare. 840 Swarming Plaguehive vs 865 Twisted Winds. TW is swimming higher on my character, but I only hear bad thing about it.

has any of you guys notice that the force proc at the pull of synergy doesn't occur in xavius fight? I just noticed this last night and it upsets me to some degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teklb View Post
    Trying to figure this out long time. Have you ever used DoA relic like me anytime ? Maybe after the relic is removed the tooltip is not escalated back to origial values ?
    One more confusing thing is if your haste value changes, damage of Doom in its tooltip also changes (or course without changeing any other stat, try removing your plaguehive and see)

Not sure with my combo order while demonic calling is up . should i cast dreadstalker as soon it comes off cd >hand of guldan > empower demons , or dreadstalker just came off cd, cast Hand of Guldan>dreadstalker>empower demon. reason i'm asking is that, would a 1.05 sec unbuffed dreadstalker x 16 casts out overall damage a fully buffed dreadstalker x 15 casts ?
    Last edited by Breaque; 2016-10-18 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaque View Post
    Not sure with my combo order while demonic calling is up . should i cast dreadstalker as soon it comes off cd >hand of guldan > empower demons , or dreadstalker just came off cd, cast Hand of Guldan>dreadstalker>empower demon. reason i'm asking is that, would a 1.05 sec unbuffed dreadstalker x 16 casts out overall damage a fully buffed dreadstalker x 15 casts ?
    Ideally you would cast HoG before SDS before DE. But you need DC proc for that or a lucky doom tick in between.

HoG imps take about 1sec to spawn, DS spawn instantly. But in the end I think the difference is minor and impossible when you use SF

Hello!

So, I may have gotten a little bit lucky. I currently have the legendary bracers, shoulders and belt. I keep hearing the bracers are BiS, but since I got them last I ran with the other two legendaries before and they seem to perform better. I went to the target dummy in Org (to keep pvp talents off) and did 160M damage (which comes down to about just past 3 Doomguards, better for the bracers one would think) for each combination of legendaries with flask and haste food, with the following results:

Shoulders + Belt ~385k dps
    Bracers + Belt ~370k dps
    Shoulders + Bracers ~375k dps

Do the bracers catch up with bloodlust in a raid scenario or are they a little overhyped? The main thing about the shoulders is that they change my rotation to Call Dreadstalkers -> HoG -> Empower instead of casting Empower twice while the belt just provides good damage that gets only better with more targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ptic View Post
    Hello!

So, I may have gotten a little bit lucky. I currently have the legendary bracers, shoulders and belt. I keep hearing the bracers are BiS, but since I got them last I ran with the other two legendaries before and they seem to perform better. I went to the target dummy in Org (to keep pvp talents off) and did 160M damage (which comes down to about just past 3 Doomguards, better for the bracers one would think) for each combination of legendaries with flask and haste food, with the following results:

Shoulders + Belt ~385k dps
    Bracers + Belt ~370k dps
    Shoulders + Bracers ~375k dps

Do the bracers catch up with bloodlust in a raid scenario or are they a little overhyped? The main thing about the shoulders is that they change my rotation to Call Dreadstalkers -> HoG -> Empower instead of casting Empower twice while the belt just provides good damage that gets only better with more targets.
    You "may" have gotten a little bit lucky...lol. Check the first page. Not has made a sim comparison for legendary combos. According to these Bracers and belt should be the best combo. That luck though...

I simmed my character with the latest (at the time - was a few days ago) version of simulationcraft. The numbers seemed off, I actually did more damage in the real world than what SimCraft said. And that's with imperfect play compared to SimCrafts supposed perfect rotation. I think it doesn't do the shoulders justice as it does not change the rotation to save on one Empower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ptic View Post
    I simmed my character with the latest (at the time - was a few days ago) version of simulationcraft. The numbers seemed off, I actually did more damage in the real world than what SimCraft said. And that's with imperfect play compared to SimCrafts supposed perfect rotation. I think it doesn't do the shoulders justice as it does not change the rotation to save on one Empower.
    Hm, if you just import your character from armory, you wont get accurate results i think (check page 29+ to read more of that. There was a discussion about stat weights and siming). Personaly i would trust the op and the sims he has posted. Till now its proven many times that he knows what he is doing.