Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Reasonable ilvl to be able to clear new Karazhan ?

What is it going to be tuned for ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard it drops 860(baseline) gear so I would think at-least 850.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    the first 5-6 bosses drop 855

Id say 850 would be more than enough, 845 - ok, 840 - maybe too low ?

but thats jsut guessing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    the first 5-6 bosses drop 855

Id say 850 would be more than enough, 845 - ok, 840 - maybe too low ?

but thats jsut guessing
    I think 840 for the first few and 845-850 for the last few should be enough. Considering it drops 15 itemlevel more than normal Mythic dungeons, which is the same itemlevel difference there is between raid difficulties, I assume full normal mythic is enough. Since it's also considered a sort of 5 man raid and the later bosses drop higher itemlevel, I wouldn't be suprised if they also require more gear than the first.

What was the scaling on the PTR? 840? 845?

In 850 you're probably going to be overgearing it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    What is it going to be tuned for ?

Rule of thumb how Blizzard tunes each dungeon & raid: Baseline item level - 15.

So it is 840-845

I mean you could probably complete it at 820 with good players tbh. But i expect 850 to be the standard
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    840+ for tanks, 855+ for healers, 870+ for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    840+ for tanks, 855+ for healers, 870+ for dps.
    that was a good joke.

I usually go in and do Normal Raids at 880 aswell.

Yes, but you know that most groups wont accept anything under ilvl 870+ from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Yes, but you know that most groups wont accept anything under ilvl 870+ from day one.
    considering theres an attunement which will make available tanks & healers even more scarce - I dont think pugs will be able to be too picky

10+ Year Old Account
    Best remedy is to go with Guild or friends.

One thing I've notice since lfg came out a lot people are anti social.

Me and some guildies cleared our first mythics at 815 820ish. So i think 835ish is fine if the group is good. If its a pug, i would say no less than 845

Best remedy is to go with Guild or friends.

One thing I've notice since lfg came out a lot people are anti social.
    True, and you are correct. The thing is, there are a great many people out there that don't get that opportunity. Even in guilds certain people will only run with certain others. If you get into a guild late, or miss out on groups at the beginning for whatever reason, valid or not, some can get left behind. Or if you're lucky slowly work your way into a solid group, eventually, by filling in when and if you're needed. The whole "get in a guild/get more friends/try harder" mantra that so many love to spew is just a little out of touch with the reality of many players. I have a feeling we're going to run into the same problem with these keystone mythic dungeons and now attuned mythic "mini-raids" that we have with mythic raids. Only a smaller portion of the player base is going to get to see them. People are addicted to LFG/LFR. I've seen too many people complain about not being able to do mythic dungeons because they can't access them from a pop-up window.

I don't disagree with the "get in a guild/get friends" thing, but it's just not as realistic a solution as you may think it is. I like meeting new people, but I'm very picky about who I play with. Finding good people that are patient and tolerant is like trying to find a grain of sand in a haystack. That''s not being anti-social, it's just being selective.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, and you are correct. The thing is, there are a great many people out there that don't get that opportunity. Even in guilds certain people will only run with certain others. If you get into a guild late, or miss out on groups at the beginning for whatever reason, valid or not, some can get left behind. Or if you're lucky slowly work your way into a solid group, eventually, by filling in when and if you're needed. The whole "get in a guild/get more friends/try harder" mantra that so many love to spew is just a little out of touch with the reality of many players. I have a feeling we're going to run into the same problem with these keystone mythic dungeons and now attuned mythic "mini-raids" that we have with mythic raids. Only a smaller portion of the player base is going to get to see them. People are addicted to LFG/LFR. I've seen too many people complain about not being able to do mythic dungeons because they can't access them from a pop-up window.

I don't disagree with the "get in a guild/get friends" thing, but it's just not as realistic a solution as you may think it is. I like meeting new people, but I'm very picky about who I play with. Finding good people that are patient and tolerant is like trying to find a grain of sand in a haystack. That''s not being anti-social, it's just being selective.
    Also agree. Back In TBC and early wrath if I joined a pug and there was a player that did exceptionally well I would message them afterwards to let them know they did great and If they were interested in me adding them to my friends list when I needed a slot filled for a alt/pug raid.

Never see it anymore, I'm thinking with Mythic+ I'm hoping it's a chance to beef up my friends list again.

I think asking 845 is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I feel like the "player economy" has changed in recent expansions or something. I can't really explain it, I guess. Or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.

I used to feel like it was so easy to get into groups and that I actually enjoyed meeting new people, playing to the best of my ability ("showing off" a little, maybe. ), and never felt like people were too crappy to each other.

Now I just friggin' dread pugging anything. My wife is constantly begging me to do mythics with her, and the thought of pugging just makes me want to log off and unsub. It just feels like everyone is chomping at the bit to bitch at you about every little thing and that item level is the alpha and omega of some new religion.

Although, if I really think about it, every group that I have done has been friendly and I've received compliments on my tanking. So maybe it's not actually the reality of the in-game interactions, but me hanging around this forum too much with all the negativity and complaining that's influencing my view of it.
    It's not even just from hanging around these forums. It's the things you see in trade chat and even LFR as well. Not so much in LFG though. You see how people talk to each other and treat each other there and immediately think "are there any sane people in this game?". But then you're right, you get into group and even if they don't say much, at least it's to ask if we can do the WQ boss, and/or to thank everyone for the run at the end. It's confusing. It's all just very confusing.

Yeah, sometimes I am even afraid of saying I need the WQ boss until we are close. I have had people just drop group when I said I needed it at that beginning of the run.

Also, pugging is horrible. I run mainly mythic+ with guildies and am having fun but I pug tanked for a group with another guildie. The healer went off on me when I released after dying. The rest of the run he just complained. In the end we got 2 chests and he was pissed that I wasted everyones time. Another DPS actually spoke up at that point saying not everyone has run 50+ mythics a week. It was nice to see but also horrible to endure.

Deleted
    Is there any reason to do karazhan if you're 875+ already, outside of the novelty of doing it once, and maybe the mount? or are there any OP trinkets that can titanforge to 875-885?

Let's see, it drops 855-860, so ~875 should be the typical requirement