Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only flaw that I see is that some are pure damage boosts and others are situational/utility dependent.
    If they just ALL were one type, it would be fine.

But the ones that are crazy damage increases seem objectively better than the ones that aren't, and that's just how the game is now-a-days.
    People value their output over anything.

But everything else about the system is fine. If you are complaining about not having one, I have no interest in hearing that. You get it eventually.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    OP sums it up quite nicely.
    Either make it a token and u buy what you want. RNG leggys sux when some of the are so overtuned that its stupid and some so bad for some classes that you dont even use em when u get em (firemages getting leggys without crit for example with no fire mage skill buffs) or make it as OP said. Just give out utility-legendaries.
    Everyone would be happy just to get one cause it might do some fancy stuff that works out well for a specific fight instead of "lolderp if I equip this I get 50k dps increase)
    Hell I got a usable leggy on my DK. The cloak. The actual effect is USELESS. The amount of healing I got from it is so low it makes me sad. Hell only time its good is if I screwed up from the get go.
    The only redeeming factor for me is that the stats are actually good making it the BiS cloak.
    I was happy when I got it cause atleast I got something fun BUT after a while (5-10min) I actually got a bit dissapointed and when I went to bed I had to remind myself over and over that the cloak is still BiS based on the stats and ilvl... which felt REALLY weird.

Nah another system that you can work towards with time IF the leggys are going to have this kind of impact
    I made exacly the same experience, got the cloak. Yea, its a stat stick, but still a cloak. The "legendary"-effect might even be scrapped, i wouldnt even care, its that useless. It doesnt even save u from anything as the shell size is the same and it doesnt do anything if you are at full health....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Because, my answer proved, your question is irrelevant?

"Who tends to be more vocal, people who are unsatisfied with something, or those who aren't?"

People who are unsatisfied with something, do indeed tent to be more vocal, than people that are pleased.

However, both people who are pleased and unsatisfied visit the forums. Given the occurrence, that plenty of vocal unhappy people, get downvoted proves, that each complaint is taken on its own ground.

Your argument "all forum posters are unhappy" therefore their issues does not represent the player base is not valid either.

What actually happens is that each complaint, has it's very own credibility. Just because there are different reactions, to different complaints, we can guess there is a trend on forums, more or less extends to the player base. Else all complaints would get upvoted.

On our particular case, the trend is against the current legendary implementation.
    Before people had biased opinions about RNG legendaries, most people (according to your logic) was actually happy with the way legion would introduce the legendaries.

See, it has 465 registered votes, so clearly this is solid, concrete evidence of my arguments.

Unfortunately, I don't have any arguments linked to the upvote/downvote system on the official forums. I wish I had, though, because they make for a great argument in cases like these.

You have totally right though. Here is a thread on the US forum, see all those upvotes on the first post! 80! http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749707433
    See the amount of replies, too? 215 replies!

But wait, there's more!
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9088056?page=1
    FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY UPVOTES!!! TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR REPLIES!

If wow had only 1 million players, that would be 0.2% of the playerbase!!!!!!!!! ZERO POINT TWO! The majority is CLEARLY unsatisfied with the system! Just look at this SOLID, CONCRETE evidence I found to support my claims! But wait! One of the CEO's at Blizzard said there were nearly 10m subs in legion! Let's assume it's around 5m. That's an EVEN MORE STAGGERING 0.05%!!

I'm very sorry for being critical when it comes to what I thought was bad evidence. It appears I was wrong.
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

"
    The first tier is balanced around most players not having a legendary item.
    Later tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item.
    "
    I assume you are countering what I have said, although it is a complete mystery how because you haven't really explained what your point at all. No, it's not self explanatory because as far as I am concerned my comment is 100% perfectly consistent with that which you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I assume you are countering what I have said, although it is a complete mystery how because you haven't really explained what your point at all. No, it's not self explanatory because as far as I am concerned my comment is 100% perfectly consistent with that which you quoted.
    Aww, it's going to be great to see the rage when half the raiders can't raid becuse they simply don't have any legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Before people had biased opinions about RNG legendaries, most people (according to your logic) was actually happy with the way legion would introduce the legendaries.

See, it has 465 registered votes, so clearly this is solid, concrete evidence of my arguments.

Unfortunately, I don't have any arguments linked to the upvote/downvote system on the official forums. I wish I had, though, because they make for a great argument in cases like these.

You have totally right though. Here is a thread on the US forum, see all those upvotes on the first post! 80! http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749707433
    See the amount of replies, too? 215 replies!

But wait, there's more!
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9088056?page=1
    FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY UPVOTES!!! TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR REPLIES!

If wow had only 1 million players, that would be 0.2% of the playerbase!!!!!!!!! ZERO POINT TWO! The majority is CLEARLY unsatisfied with the system! Just look at this SOLID, CONCRETE evidence I found to support my claims! But wait! One of the CEO's at Blizzard said there were nearly 10m subs in legion! Let's assume it's around 5m. That's an EVEN MORE STAGGERING 0.05%!!

I'm very sorry for being critical when it comes to what I thought was bad evidence. It appears I was wrong.
    You are right. It's not evidence. It is a trend though. When we can't get concrete evidence, we have to use the best next thing.

I am not really countering, I am just adding some relevant info.

That is, when you say that "There is so much meaningful progression that can happen without the need for an instant legendary, ...", that's perhaps true, but there appears to be a limit to this, and perhaps that's going to become progressively less true over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    You are right. It's not evidence. It is a trend though. When we can't get concrete evidence, we have to use the best next thing.
    Theeeen again 0.05% is prob about the amount of ppl where leggys actually have a huge impact on their gameplay.
    Leggys are just fun for casuals but they are mandatory if your in a high highend mythic guild.

Were not talking about the leggys for casuals, they just does not matter there but when it comes to being viable in a high end raid you should not need to level up 3-4 chars of the same class and get lucky on one of the to be able to raid correctly on high end.

the system is flawed based on that the legendaries are to powerful when it comes to dps, just remove the dps-increasing leggys and give us utility-leggys only and you would more or less always be happy about what you get. Now? ur just disapointed if it aint a dps one. And even if it is you are prob disapointed it isnt the best one...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That is, when you say that "There is so much meaningful progression that can happen without the need for an instant legendary, ...", that's perhaps true, but there appears to be a limit to this, and perhaps that's going to become progressively less true over time.
    This is true, but the probability of not having a legendary also becomes progressively less over time.

Current system is fine imo, rng is rng and thats cool.

it's only bad for the people that haven't gotten one yet, or have gotten a really bad one. It's fine to me. ;-)

This is true, but the probability of not having a legendary also becomes progressively less over time.
    Yes, but the process is already kind of flawed in that when they decide to balance some raid tier around everyone having some legendary, they are going to make a judgement about how much time players facing this raid tier should spend farming on average. And (a) they can totally tune that too high from what players would consider normal, and, worse, (b) whatever number they end up with, there's going to be a percentage of people who'd be left out - and that's unsolvable without doing something special like, well, "bad luck protection" (and if they do that, that's not without issues either, depending on how exactly it works).

Sum total, it's not going to be solved. It's a torn that is going to always be there, and it wasn't there before. Why'd they put it? Does the supposed fun from having a legendary drop compensate for the inescapable and largely irremovable negativity? I don't know. It looks to me they could have spent their time doing things that wouldn't be that controversial.

So I just logged in today to get my legendary from my class hall cache...Worth the wait, movement speed increase boots. This will totally help me compete with the other DK in my raid who has 2 DPS increasing legendaries. I'll enjoy looking at my orange pixels while Im on the bench. Thanks Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Current system is fine imo, rng is rng and thats cool.
    You're right, rng is rng. In fact I don't have a problem with rng as much as the fact that there are legendaries that are just plain bad. Why would you as a developer make a legendary, but make some of them so bad. I just got the Phyrix's Embrace, the stats on it just aren't that good. The porc on it is really meh also.. I have 830 ring that has better stats than a "legendary" 895 ring. That just makes now sense to me.

I don't mind the system as much as I do the implementation of it. I could live with the rng, but at least make the wait worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynikaly View Post
    it's only bad for the people that haven't gotten one yet, or have gotten a really bad one. It's fine to me. ;-)
    And that's exactly what this post is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    The shield is actually good, It can save your life especially when you are doing progress fights in raids or in mythic plus. Its saved my life on Mythic Ursoc a few times
    They don't want to listen to reason ....
    ... hating on legendary's is the cool thing to do.

Every legendary has it's use ... i do however think blizzard dropped the ball in making certain legendary's a DPS increase. The problem with legendary's would've been MUCH smaller if all the legendary's gave some sort of utility bonus. (Speed boosts / Leech / spell CD reduction / slowing adds / stunning adds etc.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

My guess is that OP doesn't have a legendary yet, and if he / she did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    My guess is that OP doesn't have a legendary yet, and if he / she did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Carry on.
    Bad design is bad because of arguments and not personal attacks and biases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Carry on.
    i did wonder how you got over 15k posts, it is obvious now >.>

Carry on. Shitposting can be turned into a sport too!

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-19 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Lol, Legiondaries - nice one.