Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do you even know how to read logs?

Deleted
    It seems the Nerf will hit fire dps for ~2.72% with Kindling and for ~2.08% with Cinderstorm. (Calculated for 2 high logs on Ursoc Mythic)

dps loss may be higher, because I forgot to calculate the impact on ignite during combustion..
    Last edited by mmoce2b8a383b1; 2016-10-19 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuya90 View Post
    It seems the Nerf will hit fire dps for ~2.72% with Kindling and for ~2.08% with Cinderstorm. (Calculated for 2 high logs on Ursoc Mythic)
    Thank you. Does this include ignite damage?

The nerf goes up to ~4.7% if you have the pyro bracers.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    Thank you. Does this include ignite damage?
    Yep it does, for calculating the impact on Ignite I estimated 13% Mastery. But it does not include the dps loss frim ignite during combustion which is significantly higher.
    Last edited by mmoce2b8a383b1; 2016-10-19 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    238.4%.
    You sure? I'm getting 207%+(207*0.15)=238.05 from Blue flame special.

Then 238.05+(238.05*0.17)=278.5 for the added Aftershock FS so total 278.5% per flame strike, or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Not sure, haven't bothered to math it out. It's going to look hilariously good in simulation, but show me a frost mage that has hit the BC/TV sim goal. It hit the good spots though, most are sustain buffs which is what the spec needed desperately. Dat 57.5% Flurry buff.
    True, well fingers crossed!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The nerf is actually substantial. Think about 160K pyro in Live, 140K pyro in PTR.

This amounts to a catastrophic loss of single target damage from BOTH pyro and ignite loss.
    160 * 0.94 = 150.4k & it`s about a ~0.8% dps loss for ignite (0.06*0,13=0,0078) for 13% Mastery and in combustion with 60% crit = 4,4%
    Last edited by mmoce2b8a383b1; 2016-10-19 at 02:55 PM.

The nerf is actually substantial. Think about 160K pyro in Live, 140K pyro in PTR.

This amounts to a catastrophic loss of single target damage from BOTH pyro and ignite loss.
    Isn't the pyro nerf effectively only a 6% dmg nerf? 24% out of 400% = 6% total dmg, unless I'm being bad a math?

It's a nerf, but It doesn't really seem that crazy to me. Fire mages are currently on the top of the meters in most of the fights, and with the right legendaries they crush pretty much everyone except hunters or priests

Deleted
    Yes, we should now use the AoE talent for AoE more, and the non-AoE talent for the non AoE.

I am not happy about the 6.38~% Pyro nerf, but I welcome the Flamestrike one.

Let's rock.

I dont feel the pyro nerf is justified, if anything the bracers may need a nerf.

Deleted
    So did anyone figure out the maths behind the overall nerf to our damage? If we did 100% total damage in 7.0.3, How much are we going to do in 7.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    I dont feel the pyro nerf is justified, if anything the bracers may need a nerf.
    This is what I was saying.

Nerf the bracers, looking at Ursoc (small sample size and maybe the not the best example, yadayada) just about every Mage in the top 30 has bracers, I couldn't be bothered to look further but I'm sure the entire top 10 has them, top 15 probably too.

Having the legendary bracers really does push fire over the line but this nerf just fucks us in general.

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Isn't the pyro nerf effectively only a 6% dmg nerf? 24% out of 400% = 6% total dmg, unless I'm being bad a math?

It's a nerf, but It doesn't really seem that crazy to me. Fire mages are currently on the top of the meters in most of the fights, and with the right legendaries they crush pretty much everyone except hunters or priests
    Shouldn't they be? I mean all we do is dps. The justification is made invalid by the "pretty much everyone but" phrase which then goes on to cite other classes, one of which isn't pure dps (bliss argument not mine) which parse higher much of the time.

I swapped to fire from monk due to needing a ranged but I'm about to dump it and go back. Monk crushes it where it counts, now even more so. disappointing

Deleted
    Remember that pyroblast affects ignite, second highest damage ability we do. Which is more important on AoE than ST.
    My wild guess would be more than 10% overall damage nerf. I'm still waiting for someone with complete math work here

Lolz fire barely lasted 3 months as a decent spec (not top)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

You mean shadow priests, right? Or how about the new Demo Lock gods?

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Lolz fire barely lasted 3 months as a decent spec (not top)
    It had to happen. The burst was too noticeable and get enough people bitching for something that worked just fine. I work my ass off to get my fire numbers. Anyone who down plays that is naive.

If you have ring/wrists/head I guess, yeah, you can make up with those. If you didn't get blessed with BiS legendaries, you don't have any tricks but an attempt at flawless play and spreading big Ignites when it matters.

Are we at the point where we balance a spec around having 2 BiS legendaries? Cause I have cleared each difficulty each week, and Mythic done a week ago as well, and I only have CC ring and shoes, while the other mage has prydaz neck and koralon scorch thing.

It's not like we can do anything to suddenly transform them into proper legendaries can we...
    Mages do really well without any legendaries though. However when you get one or two or the best legendaries, that's when you see stuff like Rikh from nihilum who leaves everyone trailing by ludicruous margins.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Everyone agrees priests are OP, even the priets lol. You can't go "look at this class that everyone agrees is too strong, we should not get any nerfs because this class is too strong!"

Everyone agrees priests are OP, even the priets lol. You can't go "look at this class that everyone agrees is too strong, we should not get any nerfs because this class is too strong!"
    That's fine. I was only referring to your specific statement when you mentioned "top of most fights" which makes it impossible to not mention the literal classes at the "top of most fights."

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    You sure? I'm getting 207%+(207*0.15)=238.05 from Blue flame special.

Then 238.05+(238.05*0.17)=278.5 for the added Aftershock FS so total 278.5% per flame strike, or am i missing something?
    207*1.15=238.05 BFS; AS is a flat 30% SP impact that is affected by BFS, so .3*1.15=.345 added to the 238.05 from before for 238.395.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post

It had to happen. The burst was too noticeable and get enough people bitching for something that worked just fine. I work my ass off to get my fire numbers. Anyone who down plays that is naive.
    At least buff fireball a bit to have more sustained dmg outside combustion
    on a side note, lv 90 talents are totally useless for single target, LB is a dps loss and so is flame patch, the only viable option is UM and does laughable dmg, yesterday on mythic ursoc it was doing 1.x% dmg

P.s. how about using living bomb and applying it when ursoc's shadow spawns? Anyone who tried this?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-10-19 at 04:46 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©