Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think it will get any better, the damage has been done. the right has been generating a steady stream of hysteria ever since 2008.
    now its backfired on them but they cant undo 8 years of spewing hatred into peoples ears overnight.
    I love it when lefties conveniently forget 2000-2008 where democratic congressmen were declaring Bush a Nazi and saying such things as "Not my president." You guys can dish it out but you can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I love it when lefties conveniently forget 2000-2008 where democratic congressmen were declaring Bush a Nazi and saying such things as "Not my president." You guys can dish it out but you can't take it.
    Here's the difference - eight years after leaving office Bush has practically become invisible and the GOP tries their best to pretend that he never existed, because at the end of the day liberals aren't the only ones who thought his presidency was an epic failure of which the less is spoken the better. On the other hand, you can bet your bottom dollar that Obama is going to be a fixture at campaign events, conventions, talk shows, and whatever else you can think of for as long as he's capable of staying in the public eye. Like it or not, he's destined to go down in history as one of the great presidents, textbooks will talk about him as a trailblazer and inspiration, playing up all of his accomplishments and quietly brushing aside his failures. His opponents will be thoroughly discredited, their names appearing alongside the likes of Aaron Burr and Roger B. Taney in the great hall of fame of unapologetic assholes who should never have been given any power. Maybe Obama doesn't deserve any of this, but it is bound to happen, it's just too good of a story not to embellish and exaggerate just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but pizza party!
    Pizza is bad for you anyway. Look at Trump.

Have an apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh you're very high on my list Penguin. Don't think I've forgotten about you and your trollish extremism..
    That's flattering given I barely give a shit about anything you say, and had to consciously click "view post" to actually read this after seeing someone else quote you. The only thing that is extreme here is you, and the fact that you voted for Obama simply confirms it. Are you getting paid by Creamer and the other DNC psychotics to instigate here? Sounds like you would fit right in with it.

I'd vote for a pile of shit if it was on the ballot. Anything is better than Hillary. Anything.

Wait why am I arguing with a Left-wing agitator? Back to ignore you go Skroe. You failed to amuse Slaanesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You'll have to hide for longer than a few months.

If you think us #NeverTrump Republicans are ever going to let the Alt-Right off the hook for this catastrophe, you got another thing coming. You could go into a cave for 4 years and emerge in October 2020, and we'll still ask "where did you stand when Trump ran for President?"

This is with you Trumpkins until the sun goes out.
    You folks will do some purging: it's only the consequence of miserably and strepitously losing.
    But, if you think this "alt-right" is the culprit, or even relevant, you folks have learnt nothing. Your party was hollow way before that ridiculously small offshot form /pol/ became a thing. If your party advertises itself as having been brought to their knees by such tiny minority, you'll lose what little credibility it has.
    Trump and acolytes simply took the Rep skin and wore it as their own; but the party was already just that: a decomposing skin with no flesh to hold it up.

You'll abandon silly unwinable quarrels. From gay rights to climate change. Perhaps you'll even seek refugee in embracing how subversive trans folk are. And then you'll beef it up with a different culture war. Maybe protecting those left out by globalization, maybe bringing education to rural america. Or even take bits of what made Trump popular among the non-deplorable 50% and question trade deals. Who knows.
    What you will certainly not do is accuse the trolls. Because they were not the ones doing anything to your party: they didn't have that power. The party was simply complicit in feeding them: you brought this upon yourselves. Rather than pursuit their defeat, you'll want everybody to forget this ever happened.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-10-19 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've started coming to MMOC far less often, because I just can't stomach some of the worst of the alt right types, and I feel like there's too much of that with too little moderation lately.
    Yeah, this election, as well as the refugee crisis, has brought out some of the worse human beings out there, who used to be ashamed of speaking out due to their views having no acceptance pretty much anywhere. I also find myself visiting MMO Champ much less frequently nowadays, and I tend to stay out of the provocative threads. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's never over. 2020 campaign starts next month.
    i cant wait to here Kanye Wests speech about running for president

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i cant wait to here Kanye Wests speech about running for president
    i cant wait to see how folks line up to support him.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i cant wait to see how folks line up to support him.
    i kind of hope he does actually run, and becomes the nominee for Dems, just to let the shit show carry on a few more years :P

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Here's the difference - eight years after leaving office Bush has practically become invisible and the GOP tries their best to pretend that he never existed, because at the end of the day liberals aren't the only ones who thought his presidency was an epic failure of which the less is spoken the better. On the other hand, you can bet your bottom dollar that Obama is going to be a fixture at campaign events, conventions, talk shows, and whatever else you can think of for as long as he's capable of staying in the public eye. Like it or not, he's destined to go down in history as one of the great presidents, textbooks will talk about him as a trailblazer and inspiration, playing up all of his accomplishments and quietly brushing aside his failures. His opponents will be thoroughly discredited, their names appearing alongside the likes of Aaron Burr and Roger B. Taney in the great hall of fame of unapologetic assholes who should never have been given any power. Maybe Obama doesn't deserve any of this, but it is bound to happen, it's just too good of a story not to embellish and exaggerate just a little bit.
    Bullshit. Obama has ultimately accomplished very little of note. He ran a campaign fueled by hype that was never lived up to, a failure of a healthcare system that will likely collapse under its own weight in very short order, and a pathetic job market that is nowhere near as vibrant or robust as it once was. Unemployment is only appearing to be down because people who have lost all hope at finding work and stopped looking aren't counted among the unemployed. Meanwhile there is a massive exodus of companies leaving the U.S. in droves and our enemies are bolder and more confident in our growing weakness than ever.

Obama is nowhere near being considered great. He's forgettable, noteworthy only because he was the first black president. Apart from that he'll be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You're a generic leftist with a cute hobby interest in the military.

1) Why do you say this, you know that's not true

2) - 10) Why ?

11) What are your standards for someone to qualify as a generic leftist ? You don't become one by criticizing your parties choices and policies, except if you firmly believe in party loyality or gtfo/You're one of us or one of them, which is nonsensical, since Skroe wrote like thousand essays on how awesome Republicans do in his home state.

12) What is that "cute" doing there ? Seems superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You're a generic leftist with a cute hobby interest in the military.
    Wat? Skroe isn't on the left. He's a republican who actually speaks with logic rather than spewing crazy all the time.

I don't have to necessarily agree with his view points on different subjects, but he is if nothing else logical in his arguments.

What gives you the impression that he is left leaning?

I'm dating an Iranian girl. I'm allowed to appropriate Persian stuff for the time being.
    written consent or gtfo

THe best part of this thread WAS the part about a bunch of people sharing pizza over the internet.

Now it's someone claiming Skroe, fucking eating my ninja turtles cereal while talking about China and Space SKROE, is a leftist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Wat? Skroe isn't on the left. He's a republican who actually speaks with logic rather than spewing crazy all the time.

I don't have to necessarily agree with his view points on different subjects, but he is if nothing else logical in his arguments.

What gives you the impression that he is left leaning?
    I suppose, in the current election cycle, everyone disliking Trump is assumed to be left-leaning. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    SKROE, is a leftist.

He hid it well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do you know that Canada's entire election cycle is about 90 days? Can you imagine?
    As a Canadian I'm dreadfully tired of hearing about the US election already. I feel horrible for you guys both your choices are just terrible, you could have this bootlicker we have up here though

I've started coming to MMOC far less often, because I just can't stomach some of the worst of the alt right types, and I feel like there's too much of that with too little moderation lately.
    We can create a little safe space for you so you don't have to hear people talk about things you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    As a Canadian I'm dreadfully tired of hearing about the US election already. I feel horrible for you guys both your choices are just terrible, you could have this bootlicker we have up here though
    It's even worse living under a Snotley government in Alberta with Captain Hairdo in the federal

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I suppose, in the current election cycle, everyone disliking Trump is assumed to be left-leaning. :/
    It depends in which context people apply the left and right. If the context is meant to apply specifically to which candidate you're leaning towards supporting, then yes, everyone against Trump is left leaning towards Hillary, unless you're literally not going to vote for either which may not be as rare as people think. If you're talking about political spectrum, hating trump has no bearing on your leaning. People on all sides of the spectrum hate both these candidates.