Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Sooooo what you're saying is that their message isn't viable at the local level, but it's totally viable and good nationally? Please. You just stated why they're generally laughed at.
    The national parties are not even viable at a local level, where being an R or a D is just a cover for influence peddling. Perhaps the biggest difference is that once you are on the national level you are virtually immune to going to prison, whereas there are lots of people on the state and local levels who end up there.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Poor loser.

You know what Leftist Candidates like Sanders are perpetually screwed in this country? Look in the mirror. It's a massive country. It requires an industrial-scale organization to win the Presidency to win in 9000 polling places across the country. For decades people like you have kept mistake their passion for a winning approach. And for decades people like you have kept losing.

At what point do you plan to get sick of losing primaries or elections or votes and plan to start taking the concrete, empirically proven steps towards winning?

I said it back in April. People like you Theo held Bernie for President to an astonishingly low standard. For their part the Trumpkins are doing the exact same, and just like Sanders reaping what they sowed.

You cannot win elections in 2016 (and 2008, and 2012) that take place in 9000 voting places without a massive, manpower, data and money intensive operation. The end. It has nothing to do with political philosophy, left right or center. It is organizational. It is politically agnostic.

Any voter who doesn't demand their candidate deploy something like what Obama and Clinton have in 2008,2012, 2016 (and to a lesser degree, Ted Cruz in the Primary this year), is being a willing participant in a substandard campaign.
    Could you link some articles/books about the whole organizational aspect of these campaigns? It interests me very much.

Deleted

Claiming that the leaked emails are altered and we shouldn't trust them because they were "stolen". She's such a mess and needs to be ostracized from any political function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Claiming that the leaked emails are altered and we shouldn't trust them because they were "stolen". She's such a mess and needs to be ostracized from any political function.
    True or not, it's a remarkably safe position to hide behind. The originals will never be found and the released documents have no way of being authenticated. There is 0% reason to take the word of a thief working for Putin at face value when he claims an electronic document is real. "They're fake" is a defensive position, but a realistic one. Disproving a negative is hard work.

This is in stark contrast to leaked Trump tax returns, still illegal in all likelihood, but for which an actual copy 100% exists. Defending those were fake would be much harder.

Not sure she sold the line all that well, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    True or not, it's a remarkably safe position to hide behind. The originals will never be found and the released documents have no way of being authenticated. There is 0% reason to take the word of a thief working for Putin at face value when he claims an electronic document is real. "They're fake" is a defensive position, but a realistic one. Disproving a negative is hard work.

This is in stark contrast to leaked Trump tax returns, still illegal in all likelihood, but for which an actual copy 100% exists. Defending those were fake would be much harder.

Not sure she sold the line all that well, though...
    Because Hillary Bleached them. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because Hillary Bleached them. lol
    With chemicals. It was a very expensive process.

Here's something that I honestly don't get about the emails. So, there are two categories each email could fall into: number one, they were personal in nature or otherwise unclassified (declassified?), in which case they were irrelevant to the investigation; and number two, they were classified, in which case wouldn't the emails still exist in the account of the person who sent them? They didn't appear out of thin air, right? It'd probably be a pain, but couldn't they look up any classified emails that should have gone through that server and see if they were among the ones she released? I'm probably misunderstanding things, but it's been bugging me a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    She has a point, actually - and there have been examples of altered "stolen documents" already. I don't think Wikileaks has been caught on that, but the nature of all those "bombs" is that many of them are done for effect, not for the truth.

I would prefer to have some results of an official investigation, rather than some random organization putting a random document on their website and claiming that it is something it not necessarily is.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    With chemicals. It was a very expensive process.
    I lol'd when I saw that "fact check".

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...ng/?source=Rob

We have always known that Hillary Clinton was for sale during her time at the State Department.

Many politicans try to do this, but Hillary’s corruption is so massive that it’s historic.

Now, just hours after the debate, WikiLeaks provided the smoking gun we’ve been waiting for. Hillary’s top assistant Huma Abedin admits to a $12 million dollary pay-for-play from Morocco!

This leaked email from the 13th batch of John Podesta’s hacked emails shows direct confirmation that a meeting was set up with Hillary Clinton, and it was paid for with that massive cash payoff:

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...#ixzz4NfLSr3gp

Hillary Clinton can blame the Russians and foreign agents all she wants. The emails are real, and so is the criminal corruption. Hillary Clinton used the Secretary of State’s office to become obscenely wealthy, and she put America’s national security at risk repeatedly.

Hillary couldn’t apply for a job in the federal government because of the security concerns that would cause. She deserves to be investigated and indicted.

The media can’t cover this up, and the American people now know the truth. WikiLeaks just revealed exactly how corrupt Hillary Clinton is.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...#ixzz4NfLqRPVg
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn CNN you weren't even trying to be subtle here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...ng/?source=Rob

We have always known that Hillary Clinton was for sale during her time at the State Department.

Many politicans try to do this, but Hillary’s corruption is so massive that it’s historic.

Now, just hours after the debate, WikiLeaks provided the smoking gun we’ve been waiting for. Hillary’s top assistant Huma Abedin admits to a $12 million dollary pay-for-play from Morocco!

This leaked email from the 13th batch of John Podesta’s hacked emails shows direct confirmation that a meeting was set up with Hillary Clinton, and it was paid for with that massive cash payoff:

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...#ixzz4NfLSr3gp

[IMG]http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-11.37.40-AM.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://twitter.com/hashtag/WikiLeaks?src=hash[IMG]

Hillary Clinton can blame the Russians and foreign agents all she wants. The emails are real, and so is the criminal corruption. Hillary Clinton used the Secretary of State’s office to become obscenely wealthy, and she put America’s national security at risk repeatedly.

Hillary couldn’t apply for a job in the federal government because of the security concerns that would cause. She deserves to be investigated and indicted.

The media can’t cover this up, and the American people now know the truth. WikiLeaks just revealed exactly how corrupt Hillary Clinton is.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/d...#ixzz4NfLqRPVg
    Still waiting to hear how asking someone to donate to a heavily-monitored charity counts as corruption.

The e-mail you linked is dated January of 2015. Hillary Clinton resigned as Secretary of State in February of 2013.

The only thing shocking about this is the revelation that, apparently, you don't even need to know how to use a calendar to call yourself a "Political Insider."
    Last edited by Slybak; 2016-10-20 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The e-mail you linked is dated January of 2015. Hillary Clinton resigned as Secretary of State in February of 2013.
    Hahaha wow, I didn't even notice the dateline on the emails. More tilting at windmills, it looks like.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Clinton campaign mocks Catholics, Southerners, ‘needy Latinos’ in emails
    Long before Hillary Clinton called millions of Americans a “basket of deplorables,” her top campaign advisers and liberal allies openly mocked Catholics, Southerners and a host of other groups, according to newly released emails that offer a stunning window into the vitriol inside the Clinton world less than a month before Election Day.

The emails, published by WikiLeaks after a hack of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s private account, also show Clinton campaign officials and Democratic leaders disparaging supporters of Sen. Bernard Sanders as “self-righteous” whiners, calling Hispanic party leaders such as Bill Richardson “needy Latinos,” labeling CNN anchor Jake Tapper “a d—k” and even lambasting longtime Clinton ally Sidney Blumenthal.

The sheer number of insults in the email trove has left the Clinton campaign, along with outside organizations such as the Center for American Progress that were routinely involved in the brutal bad-mouthing, unable or unwilling to respond. Instead, they have blamed the hack on Russia and have refused to even confirm that the emails are genuine, though they also haven’t denied their authenticity.

The Clinton campaign’s biggest problem may be its assault on Catholics. Prominent Catholic organizations called on Clinton campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri to resign after the surfacing of messages showing her making fun of the faith. The campaign of Republican nominee Donald Trump seized on the opportunity to appeal to religious voters.

“We call on Hillary Clinton to apologize and to fire the staff who have engaged in this vicious anti-Catholic bigotry. All of this shows who these people are at the core,” Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told reporters on a conference call. “The American people need to know who they are and their very radical agenda that will be an assault on Catholics and all people of faith and good will.”
    (source)

I guess this was one of those "Private Positions," the plebs were not supposed to know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

(source)

I guess this was one of those "Private Positions," the plebs were not supposed to know about.
    A) Not sure why Clinton should apologize for things that other people said
    B) Not sure why I should give a fuck about people being kind of rude in personal correspondence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Well then what I was saying doesn't apply to you. But it was certainly the theme of the post-Primary Bernie thread. A lot of "dastardly, un-democratic Superdelegates!" And not a peep how Bernie Sanders basically forgot to campaign in winnable states simply because he didn't open offices there (or had offices and manpower comparable to the Clinton effort, despite having the money to do so).
    The thing I like to bring up, is how Bernie won WA state a near month before the election. The delegates split also didn't mirror the popular vote split, as Bernie got a higher % of delegates than his popular vote. In WA, Bernie got the exact same treatment that his supporters claimed was Hillary sabotage. In WA, popular vote was meaningless, as the state was just given to Bernie.

That's really the crux of the issue, including when Trump bitched about it. Each state has its own primary rules and to large extent popular vote is meaningless. Even the fact that voting takes place by general public is fairly recent and is not a fundamental right or obligation. The only thing opening primaries to general public has done, is entrench the general public in the idea that the twoparty system is intrinsically tied to our democracy. It is a scam...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The emails are real
    I have no reason to believe this. Also, @Slybak gave you a third degree burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

(source)

Just to explain private and public position to the plebs. You know how when you are at home and call your boss a cock sucker and then when at work you abide? That's a public position of you being on your knees and a private one, where you beat your own... chest...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Damn CNN you weren't even trying to be subtle here...

TBH I'd cut someone off of my news station too if they were labeling Hilary as the liar when Donald Trump literally lies, on average, around every 3 minutes.