Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Once you hit exalted with a faction, all rep requirements for that faction should be gone for your account. That is what I would like to see.

Deleted
    Would make Legion more alt friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Endrachi View Post
    As soon as you have reached Exalted with a faction it should be account wide. Not before... problem solved.
    This. It's the only way I would even consider playing WoW again. That way I could ditch shaman for mage or lock (likely the former). As it currently stands, there's no way I would want to move from a toon that had damn near every rep at exalted (up through WoD). Last I counted, I was at 82 exalted reps, I believe. Pretty much everything except Shendra'lar and whatever the rep is from Ashran.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP's system where you can buy an item once Exalted the increases the Rep gains worked well IMO. Either that or make all previous Expansions Reps Account Wide. That way it doesn't affect current Content. Would also say it would only be on one Faction, so you have to earn it once per Faction.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I agree, but......
    /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    See I am mixed about this because one hand I understand but on the other if somebody wants to do the reputation dailies 12x a day then why not, they're still doing the grind
    a little annoying when you consider multiboxers, cool exalted day 1 whore the AH make 20mill because no-one is unlocking that pattern for weeks.

Deleted
    I see no problem with making old reputations account wide, say 1 or 2 expansions old ones. current reputations i can see them wanting to keep per character.

i would love a "do it once, then all your chars get it" system for current reputations, but let's face it that will never happen.

A "do it once, your other chars get increased rep gains" system would also be ok with me.

I would say Revered personally but that works too
    yeh that would work since thats what pathfinder requires only question i have agianst this is the suramar dungeons will u still get the quests to unlock after 1st time?

How will the NPC's know that you're the same hero that saved them from Armageddon even after switching races/classes and possibly factions? You ever stop to the think about how the factions would stress over trying to figure out who is friend and who is foe?

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    How will the NPC's know that you're the same hero that saved them from Armageddon even after switching races/classes and possibly factions? You ever stop to the think about how the factions would stress over trying to figure out who is friend and who is foe?
    All my characters' names start with the same 3 letters ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    All my characters' names start with the same 3 letters ^_^
    Smart, I've done the same with a few alts. My main is Triginhil, so ive named a few alts Trigs(class name), except my female characters, they all start with a letter L name...my gf's name starts with a letter L too now that I think about it, might be something there, hm....

They could make all legacy reputations acc-wide at least...

Every time Blizzard makes stuff account-wide, it's less and less stuff to do on your alts.

Be careful what you wish for.

At that point, might as well simply allow a character to be more than one class like in Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Every time Blizzard makes stuff account-wide, it's less and less stuff to do on your alts.

Be careful what you wish for.

At that point, might as well simply allow a character to be more than one class like in Final Fantasy.
    You consider grinding the same reputation again just to unlock a dungeon/toy/vanity item 'content'? 7.1 is already taking measures towards the Arcway/CoS unlock.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely believe Blizzard should make reputations account bound, especially with Legion being rather reputation heavy. We already have account bound toys, pets, mounts, heirlooms, transmog and achievements that I really see no reason not reputation too! Once we have slogged out the initial reputation grind on our main I don't know why we really have to on our alts too. Granted I never bothered much with reputation before Legion but since both Suramar and Class Armour is gated behind reputation it really makes me less inclined to alt knowing I have to spend over a month on each character just to fully open Suramar up. Alternative Blizzard could simply double or even triple reputation gain for alts. I genuinely believe people who alt play the longest and making that feel a chore just makes me think people will leave faster...

I can already predict the comments such as "don't be lazy" "don't alt" "you don't need them" but really is there a valid reason not to make these changes?
    I don't see much of a point, given that passive rep building is pretty consistent thanks to emissary quests and rep tokens from missions (which are account bound). Most of the revered and exalted rewards are cosmetic, which are already account bound via transmog (unless you want the gear for xmog unlock).
    Rank 3 recipes are behind exalted rep, but players already have at least a rank 1.

All that said, I don't think players should be afraid of a little extra work, or to forego that work and accept the downsides, which there are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Smart, I've done the same with a few alts. My main is Triginhil, so ive named a few alts Trigs(class name), except my female characters, they all start with a letter L name...my gf's name starts with a letter L too now that I think about it, might be something there, hm....
    It helped to be semioriginal with naming my characters and to help identify guildies that it is me playing.

Deleted
    Account wide , no. What I earn on one character should be character based.
    However I do wish they would return to MoP style account wide commendation to double rep for alts.
    It would solve a lot of problems.

SWTOR has legacy aka server wide rep's and you get rep token rewards. There is a weekly cap on how much rep you can earn, but you can still keep earning the rep tokens and just use them after the weekly reset.

For past expansions the rep should definitely be acct wide. As for Legion id like a better Rep catch up system, MoP had tokens an Wrath had Tabards..

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely believe Blizzard should make reputations account bound, especially with Legion being rather reputation heavy. We already have account bound toys, pets, mounts, heirlooms, transmog and achievements that I really see no reason not reputation too! Once we have slogged out the initial reputation grind on our main I don't know why we really have to on our alts too. Granted I never bothered much with reputation before Legion but since both Suramar and Class Armour is gated behind reputation it really makes me less inclined to alt knowing I have to spend over a month on each character just to fully open Suramar up. Alternative Blizzard could simply double or even triple reputation gain for alts. I genuinely believe people who alt play the longest and making that feel a chore just makes me think people will leave faster...

I can already predict the comments such as "don't be lazy" "don't alt" "you don't need them" but really is there a valid reason not to make these changes?
    Reputation tokens from the Class Hall Mission Board is now BoA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..