Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    People like you piss me off.
    lmao what the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It is supposed to be, yes. Maybe they'll replace him with his clone/daughter after her intro in the film.
    That was my expectation, but I don't see how they do it....

Laura is pre-teen to early teen in this movie, where Logan and Xavier are notably old. How do you put her in a 90s period X-Men film? I suppose she could work with Cable being a time traveler if they introduce her older in an X-Force film alongside Cable & Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That was my expectation, but I don't see how they do it....

Laura is pre-teen to early teen in this movie, where Logan and Xavier are notably old. How do you put her in a 90s period X-Men film? I suppose she could work with Cable being a time traveler if they introduce her older in an X-Force film alongside Cable & Deadpool.
    That was my thought about it. This movie is set in 2024 and she's still ridiculously young.

So happy they're finally doing an R Wolverine movie. Trailer was awesome. Hope the movie does not disappoint.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Read somewhere that the actor from the first x-men that played Sabretooth was going to reprise the role in this film. That plus mr. sinister really has me hoping for a bloody and dirty fight with the Marauders, so color me cautiously optimistic for this movie.

So, Mr. Sinister killed off the X-Men and possibly much of the mutant population with a 'cure'?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So, Mr. Sinister killed off the X-Men and possibly much of the mutant population with a 'cure'?
    IIRC, it was actually Logan who killed off all the X-Men. He was gassed or drugged and it made him fight and kill what he thought were a bunch of hostiles attacking the school, but when they wore off he realized he killed all the X-Men. This was in the Old Man Logan comic that this movie is based off of.

As much as I love Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart this looks mediocre at best. Probably going to be worse than Wolverine which was a disaster imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    IIRC, it was actually Logan who killed off all the X-Men. He was gassed or drugged and it made him fight and kill what he thought were a bunch of hostiles attacking the school, but when they wore off he realized he killed all the X-Men. This was in the Old Man Logan comic that this movie is based off of.
    I can see that being the big plot-twist in the middle of the movie... which makes all the unsuspecting watchers go: "Oh wow... that explains everything".

This looks bad, but I don't think it can be as bad as casting Channing Tatum as Gambit, so maybe I'll see it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    It's been a while but wasn't it mysterio making him see illusions of bad guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I can see that being the big plot-twist in the middle of the movie... which makes all the unsuspecting watchers go: "Oh wow... that explains everything".
    It was Mysterio who made Logan inadvertently do that. Doesn't make sense for this movie because well why the heck would Professor X want anything to do with Logan if that happened? Even if was a gassed/drugged scenario. I think they are using the Old Logan arc loosely and mixing it with others.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now even more people are going to keep telling me "Logan? Like wolverine!" *makes claws with hands* whenever I introduce myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was Mysterio who made Logan inadvertently do that. Doesn't make sense for this movie because well why the heck would Professor X want anything to do with Logan if that happened? Even if was a gassed/drugged scenario. I think they are using the Old Logan arc loosely and mixing it with others.
    well. i don't remember what comic it was, i think it was a wolverine solo, but i read one that had him really old, and Xavier was actually like a psychic ghost in his mind, and he had died a long time ago (maybe it was part of old man logan but i think it wasn't? can't remember)
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

10+ Year Old Account
    James Mangold's explination as to why Logan has scars:

"One of the things we all thought about as we worked on this film is, well, we don't want to rebuild everything. We want to have some questions. In order to make a different Logan, and a different tone of a Wolverine movie, we felt like we couldn't hold on to every tradition established in all the movies religiously, or we'd be trapped by the decisions made before us. So we questioned whether Logan's healing factor causes him to heal without even a scar. We imagined that it may have when he was younger, but with age, he's getting older and ailing. Perhaps his healing factor no longer produces baby-soft skin. So we imagined he heals quickly, still, but it leaves a scar. The simple idea was that his body would start to get a little more ravaged with a kind of tattooing of past battles, lacerations that remain of previous conflicts."

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Can't be worse than Wolverine.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because Professor X knows what it's like to be a victim and could forgive him. I still think they're going to go with the arc of Logan being manipulated or tricked or controlled into killing the other X-Men. It's just too much of an emotional gut-punch for them not to use somehow. Plus it would fit in perfectly with the "what have you done?" line by Charles and Logan being in a massive depression.

15+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that Prof X and X-23 are both illusions that Logan's broken mind has conjured up because of his depression. Prior to this he is somehow manipulated into killing all the X-Men, when he regains his faculties, he loses it and goes nomad. A good reasoning for his deteriorated body(scars, tremors, and such) is that because of his depression he is subconsciously suppressing his healing factor, essentially in an attempt to die. For the film, something snaps and he begins envisioning Prof X and X-23 as a young girl, who he thought he had killed along with the other X-Men. Like her genetic "father" however she is still alive, and either is out for revenge or is hunting him down to try and save him.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    The little girl is X-23 or the new Wolverine accordingly with All-New, All-Different Marvel canon.

IMDB has the plot summary listed now.
    Set in the future, Logan and Professor Charles Xavier must cope with the loss of the X-Men when a corporation lead by Nathaniel Essex is bent on destroying the world. With Logan's healing abilities slowly fading away and Xavier's Alzheimer's forcing him to forget Logan must defeat Nathaniel Essex with the help of a young girl named Laura Kinney, a female clone of Wolverine.
    While Essex has apparently been confirmed to be appearing in Logan, don't go believing this synopsis. It's on imdb (Anyone can edit that), and no official synopsis has been released yet so people should take this with a grain of salt.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?