Legion Empowered Augment Runestone

Let's cut to the chase.

I think if you get exalted with all Legion factions we should be able to purchase this item b/c we all know it will come out eventually so why can't we just get it now instead of popping runestones and dying to that 95% fluke attempt everytime we decide it's the right time to pop it and dying on the inside.

It's a pretty real grind to get exalted with farondis, dreamweavers, highmountain people, valajar, nightfallen, and especially wardens so i feel like it's a well deserved reward.

My 2 cents.

Do the right thing Blizz.

Realistically won't see one this expansion. Blizzard already went on record stating that consumables such as pots and runes are intended to be "hard" to keep supply of as they want you to only use them when you are closer to killing a boss or it's on farm. Runes actually sell pretty decent so either roll a tank/healer and get them through the Call to arms bags, or just suck it up and use the ones you get from raid finder weekly. I mean, it's easy to tank these days, and the bags are very frequent, especially with addons like "Call to Arms Tracker" ... I never run out of them. But I guess people are too lazy to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearfulways View Post
    Let's cut to the chase.

I think if you get exalted with all Legion factions we should be able to purchase this item b/c we all know it will come out eventually so why can't we just get it now
    So, because Blizzard may introduce a Legion version of WoD's Empowered Augment Stone somewhat in the near or far future, they should instead give it to us now? Seriously? We don't even know if they will implement something like that, at all, and you're already demanding it right now?

It's a pretty real grind to get exalted with farondis, dreamweavers, highmountain people, valajar, nightfallen, and especially wardens so i feel like it's a well deserved reward.
    Why? It's not required to reach exalted with ALL of Legion's factions. Besides, just doing your emissaries every day (four WQs) gives you plenty of rep, so it's not like you have to go all out of your way to get reputation with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should a reusable runestone exist?

You can use consumables when you need them, or you can use them all the time in order to impress others with your earnest stupidity.

Your earnest stupidity will cost more obviously.

However, a runestone toy that provides 50% of an expendable rune, with a 1 hr cooldown, that would be fine.

You raiding folks should have to make decisions, some of those decisions being "should I waste my gold on this pull that we have less of a chance on than group sex with Scarlett Johansson?"

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Why should a reusable runestone exist?

You can use consumables when you need them, or you can use them all the time in order to impress others with your earnest stupidity.

Your earnest stupidity will cost more obviously.

However, a runestone toy that provides 50% of an expendable rune, with a 1 hr cooldown, that would be fine.

You raiding folks should have to make decisions, some of those decisions being "should I waste my gold on this pull that we have less of a chance on than group sex with Scarlett Johansson?"
    it could cost, say, 100k gold (thats worth about 400 runes by our AH standards), to get rid of some of the gold from economy and have 15min CD and I would be fine with that tbh

Deleted
    I think if you get exalted with all Legion factions we should be able to purchase this item b/c we all know it will come out eventually so why can't we just get it now instead of popping runestones and dying to that 95% fluke attempt everytime we decide it's the right time to pop it and dying on the inside.
    Ion explained their stance about raid consumables in the last developer update. They don't want you potting/runing on fluke attempts, they want you to use them when you're consistently wiping at the last phase and need that "extra push". Same goes for runes, so I don't think you'll see this one in-game anytime soon (or alternatively the rune will have super long CD).

Try-hard raiders life is full of grind, grind, grind. Enjoy it - you get to brag about your 5/7 Mythic status later on (and maybe someone will care).
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-10-22 at 05:09 AM.

Do the right thing Blizz.
    They want you to tryhard like a retard so not going to happen. enjoy paying the lfr plebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They don't want you potting/runing on fluke attempts
    Well they also wanted to balance specs - just another failure.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-22 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well they also wanted to balance specs - just another failure.
    Which has nothing to do with consumables...

Ion explained their stance about raid consumables in the last developer update. They don't want you potting/runing on fluke attempts, they want you to use them when you're consistently wiping at the last phase and need that "extra push". Same goes for runes, so I don't think you'll see this one in-game anytime soon (or alternatively the rune will have super long CD).

Try-hard raiders life is full of grind, grind, grind. Enjoy it - you get to brag about your 5/7 Mythic status later on (and maybe someone will care).
    Yeah, the complaints about costs of consumables from people popping them like candy when that quite simply isn't necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Which has nothing to do with consumables...
    They wanted to balance specs better. They wanted to shift how pots are used and perceived. Both were failures. Not sure what more to say.

Deleted
    They wanted to balance specs better. They wanted to shift how pots are used and perceived. Both were failures. Not sure what more to say.
    I guess the bottom line is - don't pop consumables like candy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess the bottom line is - don't pop consumables like candy? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Bottom line is the people who were previously using consumables are using them for progression at pretty much the same rate they did before just at a higher cost. the plebs who never used consumables still don't. Great design would hire again.

Deleted
    Bottom line is the people who were previously using consumables are using them for progression at pretty much the same rate they did before just at a higher cost. the plebs who never used consumables still don't. Great design would hire again.
    Yes, I think that's about right. The cost of being in progression has gone up. It's more exclusive, not everyone can do it. They are teh hardcorez. The plebs are lol.
    I see the prestige of being a progression raider increasing in Legion. The gap between progression players and plebs is larger than it's ever been. Only select few can do it. Isn't that like the wet dream of every progression player?

Yes, I think that's about right.
    Good we got that. Don't think I care for the following gibberish though.

Deleted
    Good we got that. Don't think I care for the following gibberish though.
    Oh cool.
    Those plebs huh? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Realistically won't see one this expansion. Blizzard already went on record stating that consumables such as pots and runes are intended to be "hard" to keep supply of as they want you to only use them when you are closer to killing a boss or it's on farm. Runes actually sell pretty decent so either roll a tank/healer and get them through the Call to arms bags, or just suck it up and use the ones you get from raid finder weekly. I mean, it's easy to tank these days, and the bags are very frequent, especially with addons like "Call to Arms Tracker" ... I never run out of them. But I guess people are too lazy to play the game.
    There's no such goal to meet on mythic Cenarius and other bosses. You need everything to meet certain timers, or your tactic wont work. It was disheartening to hear something like this from Ion Hazzikostas, as he was a former hardcore raider.