Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    What are you talking about? I never said anything negative about MOP.

You sure like to ramble off in left field in a lot of your posts.
    The negativity was implied or were you complimenting Mop's Asian theme when you said you wanted an expansion like that without the Asian theme?

Deleted
    The whole "we are the hero" stuff will someday lead to "we are the faction leader/new lichking/new sargeras" stuff... we should go back to "we are just one of many adventurers".
    we shouldnt spar with varian or ride with sylvanas.

Do you always get this worked up? Calm down Francis.
    Yes how dare I discuss something in a discussion forum and gasp disagree with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The negativity was implied or were you complimenting Mop's Asian theme when you said you wanted an expansion like that without the Asian theme?
    Uh, no. I liked MOP. There is no secret coded message in my comment. "Yes I would like another expansion like MOP, just without the Asian theme." I didn't realize this was causing any sort of confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcurse View Post
    The whole "we are the hero" stuff will someday lead to "we are the faction leader/new lichking/new sargeras" stuff... we should go back to "we are just one of many adventurers".
    we shouldnt spar with varian or ride with sylvanas.
    Someone made a post / blog (maybe it was on the main forums), that the game started going downhill (story wise) when we went from being a hero to the hero.

This is one of Legion's biggest slip-ups IMO in an otherwise pretty awesome xpac.

I said it in WoD as well where you are basically shoe-horned into being a Garrison Commander and a Leader of the Alliance.

Blizzard is basically going into the "everyone is a unique snowflake" story mode. As someone who reads a lot of books, its terrible writing in context of a MMORPG in my personal opinion.

Being the hero doesn't translate well into a MMORPG, however being a hero does.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-22 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    People didn't forget about it.

There were even complaints of bad writing with Garrosh suddenly turning, and Anduin trying to maintain peace.

Players just wanted the gothic-fantasy theme (and assets) that WoW consistently delivered (until Cata). After all, there were other threats the 'hero' still needed to take care of.
    As a player myself, I was actually just fine as hell with something new. Same old same old gets boring after a while, and I think they pulled off the Pandaren Asian theme very VERY well and made it part of the Warcraft universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone made a post / blog (maybe it was on the main forums), that the game started going downhill when we went from being a hero to the hero.

People also say the game started going "down hill" with the introduction of Blood Elves.

While some might find it best to be "anonymous", others (myself included) found it a bit weird that we tackled enemies such as Arthas, Deathwing and everything in-between yet we were always treated like freshly made characters whenever we got into a new expansion.
    I find it far more believable (and nice) being acknowledged by in-game characters.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, who said we would be saving the universe this expansion?

oooooOOOOoooooooo
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

maybe a correlation between being a Hero, and dwindling sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..We've always been heroes, we've been doing heroic stuff since BC. If you're just a random adventurer, you wouldn't really do a lot of specific content. If it bugs you that bad, just internalize you as being an adventurer. I'm perfectly fine with being a hero.

I'd say it's also unrealistic we'll be able to challenge the most cosmic of beings on our own.

maybe a correlation between being a Hero, and dwindling sales.

There really isn't aside from confirmation bias on your part.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-10-22 at 11:32 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

People also say the game started going "down hill" with the introduction of Blood Elves. .
    Sorry, I clarified I meant story wise. Not the game in general.

Deleted
    Well, this is off topic, but i am not sure about Legion yet... the leveling felt not really good, i cant really remember what i did (beside the 2/4 stories with cut scenes), but i still remember the day we destroyed the jade serpent statue or when black hand yelled "YOU ALL DIIIEEE" while yrel slashed him in the shoulder.

And then the whole NPCs being at 3+ different places at once. For example mage order hall... modera... she is on a mission with kalec, but both still standing in the forge room, and kalec is on some quest as well, and both also in the violet citadel... and when 10 mages meet, all with modera as their bodyguard, there are 10 moderas then, all named that way... in WoD they were called "Sunsworn Warlock" or something when you click on the bodyguard of someone else..

blah... sorry for the rant... its an okay expansion i guess...

I badly want expansion with alternate Azeroth where our villains are the good guys, and our heroes are the bad guys.
    Or two expansions explaining how Pearlhunter Fin and Murky got to Dalaran fountain, I can't even imagine what adventures they went through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I badly want expansion with alternate Azeroth where our villains are the good guys, and our heroes are the bad guys.
    Or two expansions explaining how Pearlhunter Fin and Murky got to Dalaran fountain, I can't even imagine what adventures they went through.
    Oh yeah... the dark portal glows yellow now... and EVIL Khadgar storms in with his own burning legion, that are just human... and his queen is jaina... but then, white guldan appears with his shaman army of light and superpaladin Mannoroth... and everyone of those both armies are so strong, that we have to level to 200 to be able to damage them...
    too much?

Honestly....it wouldn't make sense to me if the next expansion wasn't Argus. We aren't killing any demons on Azeroth, we needn't to kill them on argus. I know they probably won't do two burning legion expansions in a row, but it wouldn't make sense to stop them from destroying Azeroth and then just deal with the old gods/titans for a while before going there. We need to go there and destroy Sargeras and all the other demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god yes please. I'm so sick of the NPCs calling me god almighty and then just tell me to collect 10 boar ribs.
    sometimes it pisses me off a lot, at least give me some more meaningful to do or don't say that I'm the messiah of your people, fool.
    I would love to have an expansion where my characters are treated like simple adventurer honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Oh god yes please. I'm so sick of the NPCs calling me god almighty and then just tell me to collect 10 boar ribs.
    sometimes it pisses me off a lot, at least give me some more meaningful to do or don't say that I'm the messiah of your people, fool.
    I would love to have an expansion where my characters are treated like simple adventurer honestly
    With what we do being just an adventurer would make you only do non instanced content and such. I mean no regular adventurer is gonna be like "LETS GO LOOK AT THE TOMB OF SARGERAS!"

<.<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You mean MoP?
    I love threads like these. I really do. Every. Single. Time.

It always comes to this and then you have half the thread shitting on the theme despite the fact that the rest is exactly what they wanted.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If MoP is what you mean, then no, I am NOT ok with it. At least with a "World Ending" scenario, there is a point to actually care about fighting, even if it is just an RP point.

"Oh, the world is ending again?" /sigh "Time to put my armor back on."
    "Wait, the world ISN'T ending?" /sigh "Time to put my slippers back on."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    If MoP is what you mean, then no, I am NOT ok with it. At least with a "World Ending" scenario, there is a point to actually care about fighting, even if it is just an RP point.

"Oh, the world is ending again?" /sigh "Time to put my armor back on."
    "Wait, the world ISN'T ending?" /sigh "Time to put my slippers back on."
    Why does the world ending have to be the only reason to want to fight? If that is the only way they can compel you to do anything, that indeed is shallow story writing. That or (just being blunt) your attention span is short.

It isn't a problem to have an escalating fight. Or even a stronger opponent. The problem Blizzard ran into is the jumped to the "end of the world" content right away. In relative terms, WoW only has SIX expansions.... one might argue this game is still in its infancy if they can keep up the money they are bringing in.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-23 at 12:26 AM.

MoP was still a "save the world" scenario...it was just being a little more proactive than most and going after the threat before everything goes to shit.

Deleted
    I would like it, yes. Exploring the other side of Azeroth or a different world with whole new undiscovered places and new lore. I mean, there should still be minor scale conflicts, but it would be cool. I would like such a continent or expansion to be bigger geographically than our tipical expansions though.
    In Legion this already happens in a way. Every zone has its little story and conflict that end with a dungeon and/or raid.