Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My expierience is that if you fail at Wow you win at life.

I tell my job to make room for my raid nights, I lose money. Several Guild Leaders have often been overburden and forced into early retirement (AKA fired/unemployed) and constantly talk about failed relationships in chat through several guilds I have been in. On several breaks from wow I have used the time to hit the Gym, afford travel, learn lucrative skills and software for my career as well as visit actual theme parks with real people.

Living up to a now 30 something recluse who judges my performance like the guy from office space is kinda lame. High numers on dps charts are one thing but just try and remember ... its just a game.

Yes, there are people who cannot perform at their ilvl. Honestly if you have an artifact weapon and your first gold trait and an avg of 810 ilvl, there should be NO reason as to how you cannot do more than 100k+ dps, especally on trash.

It's hard to understand how some people cannot play DH, it's a 2-3 button rotation on ST and about 3-5 on AOE packs, they're the king of AOE and avg on ST.

Ugh.... I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Anyway, learning to play isn't hard.
    You can't learn to play if you don't want to.
    If you get accepted into groups and your shit play gets tolerated, it's highly likely you won't find the drive to improve.

But anyway, I don't really do much matchmaking content. Avoid LFR like the plague. Premades/organized groups or nothing. That way I don't have to speak to shit people, and shit people don't have to be triggered when they get called out for being shitty.
    I believe that people would like to improve if they knew how and had the tools to do that. Getting sweared at isn't an encouragement nor a tool. Again, most random heroics are just fine, m+0 too. But name calling and abuse shouldn't be accepted. Sure, someone auto attacking because "it's just a game" isn't a person you'd like being grouped with, but I have never seen anyone throw that excuse.

I'm not asking anyone here to go to rural Afghanistan and fight for women's rights. I'm not asking anyone to donate their monthly salary to refugees. I'm simply asking them to behave and to realise that you can actually help these noobs, which shouldn't be hard, as everyone's a pro here (sure you are) and if you are such a prodigy, surely helping them isn't going to be hard. But no, everyone here have lost faith in humanity, yet they keep on playing with the unworthy. Their lives must be boring

And please stay with your premadea
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I believe that people would like to improve if they knew how and had the tools to do that. Getting sweared at isn't an encouragement nor a tool. Again, most random heroics are just fine, m+0 too. But name calling and abuse shouldn't be accepted. Sure, someone auto attacking because "it's just a game" isn't a person you'd like being grouped with, but I have never seen anyone throw that excuse.

I'm not asking anyone here to go to rural Afghanistan and fight for women's rights. I'm not asking anyone to donate their monthly salary to refugees. I'm simply asking them to behave and to realise that you can actually help these noobs, which shouldn't be hard, as everyone's a pro here (sure you are) and if you are such a prodigy, surely helping them isn't going to be hard. But no, everyone here have lost faith in humanity, yet they keep on playing with the unworthy. Their lives must be boring

And please stay with your premadea
    Does your arm hurt from that reach?
    Also, there's nothing one person can do to make someone else better if they don't have the initiative to do so themselves. It's not like WoW related information is hard to find

And yes, I much prefer staying in my premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaersulf View Post
    Yes, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. People play this game for different reasons.
    Idd, but those people should stay in their own world...the solo one ;o

If you interact with other people IRL or in-game you don't want to annoying, or letting people down no?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I tried pugging EN normal to finish up the Corrupted Essence questline... NEVER. AGAIN.

It's amazing how blizzard's butchery of LFR has allowed the terrible players to start seeping into real raiding, I feel bad for actual decent players who have to trudge through pugs like these to eventually try and enter heroic raids.

How bad are the groups your ending up in.

I'm not a raider anymore, don't do organised group play because I don't have the time(although, crucially, I did raid up until Cata), and at this point, on three seperate characters, I have yet to see a single wipe on any of the LFR content.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, big portion of ppl are hot garbage, and gets mad at u when u call em out on stuff they are doing VERY wrong.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bad but it gets better when people start calling you out to get cancer etc. It's a nice feeling that your actions caused someone to lose their shit while laughing

Deleted
    Some people tend to play the game because its fun in their own way. It might be running around taking it easy everyday, like op posted "...Saw this tank pulling single packs...blahblah.." Who cares really? You dont have to play extremely good and do simcraft like numbers everytime.

Then theres those people who want to be better than everybody else who i call "elitists". Me, personally, find it extremely fun and engaging that i know my class to its maximum potential + i know how to do stuff better than anybody else.

But personally i dont mind the casual players, i dont interfere with their playstyle or how they should play.

If its fun in your own way, keep doing it imo.
    Yeah the majority of the wow players might be "Bad" but who cares really.

Deleted
    I think the majority doesn't take the game so serious, no

Yeah, majority of people are absolutely terrible. Though it is the same in almost every online game that has some form of competitive play. I do feel like it has gotten a lot worse though, I started up again at the end of WoD after taking a long break. Pugged for gear to make leveling easier mainly, could not tell you how many groups I got into with very geared players that were just terrible. Both with their attitude and mechanical awareness. When you make things such as Mythic Archimonde an absolute joke by nerfing it to the ground towards the end of an expansion, it gives some people an inflated ego. They believe that their 5000 in world guild that is 13/13m is amazing and that they are amazing themselves. Same thing goes for any content considered "end-game" regardless of when people obtain it. Many people I have encountered since the last month or two of WoD and now seem to believe they are "hardcore" or are really good for having multiple legendaries and a high item level off of titanforged gear and m+ spamming.

1. Min maxing is a fairly new phenomenon in games

back in ye olden days, you picked which guns you 'felt' where best, you picked the fun talents, the fun guns, the fun car, the cool looking gun.

2. Internet has basically made it so every game can be min maxed

people go into games these days with knowledge of the best strats already. You don't pick up skyrim these days and pick whatever talents you want, you go to google and search "archer build skyrim" and follow it like a sheep. In this sense, games are kinda ruined.

We didn't ask ourselves 10 years ago "whats the point of the glock?" yet we see that question asked constantly in games these days. Whats the point of X talent, whats the point of Y talent? This question simply doesn't exist without the 'generation of min maxers'

So yes, to your original question, most people are awful in that they don't min max yet that number is falling every day. Its almost socially unacceptable to play a game for fun these days. Playing Overwatch for example and picking Bastion cause you love the way his gun fires, you'll get absolutely shredded in voice and team chat for the entire game. Its beaten out of you asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

back in ye olden days, you picked which guns you 'felt' where best, you picked the fun talents, the fun guns, the fun car, the cool looking gun.

people go into games these days with knowledge of the best strats already. You don't pick up skyrim these days and pick whatever talents you want, you go to google and search "archer build skyrim" and follow it like a sheep. In this sense, games are kinda ruined.
    Yes. There is no real "discovery" anymore. Especially for WoW when certain information are made available even before release.

For WoW, this even worse since players expects everyone to be the same, with the same knowledge of their class, rotation etc. If the player is not doing what some fan site are "recommending", then usually that player is called out.

This problem is bigger in Legion since the secondary stat plays a bigger role. Before, at least people knew better INT/STR etc usually means better performance. In Legion, that is not the case anymore.

We didn't ask ourselves 10 years ago "whats the point of the glock?" yet we see that question asked constantly in games these days. Whats the point of X talent, whats the point of Y talent? This question simply doesn't exist without the 'generation of min maxers'
    Sadly, this subconscious min-maxing attitude has ruined several single player games for me in the recent years...
    I mean, somehow I HAVE to go for the optimal route/talent build/team configuration/etc

the majority of gamers is just fucking awful at any game they play.
    We didn't ask ourselves 10 years ago
    Maybe not as widespread but people were definitely min maxing 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    yes, big portion of ppl are hot garbage, and gets mad at u when u call em out on stuff they are doing VERY wrong.
    Nothing better than doing my daily heroic for AP and stepping way out of line to tell someone that they 'probably shouldn't stand in that' and getting the 'how dare you, you elitist prick' onslaught.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapzy View Post
    This is not a whine thread, but more like a debate on people and their skills.

Let me tell you about my legion experience so far.
    I'm not a raider in this expansion, but i do still play a lot, and only do dungeons/mythic plus.
    Through my travels i've found that random people i meet are generally incredible bad at this game, why is this?
    Some of the common mistakes is people not using their cds, unless on bosses. so they sit on something like combustion for 5-10 minutes because "trash" is not worth it....even if i pull 3 packs as a tank, still no cds on many ppl.
    Additionally some random heroics i queue up as dps on my crazy aoe fire mage. i get in see a tank 3.6m hp. about 860 ilvl, and he pulls single packs in heroics. I cry inside when i see that srsly.
    Me and my friend a pala tank and me on my mage, we were 845 when we had the worst case in this expansion, we were in group with a 866 retri, a 854 hunter and some healer. Now these are 20 and 10 ilvls above us respectively, then how come we did a combined 81% of all the damage in that BRH HC?
    It wasn't until after the dungeon i really noticed, i sat back in my chair in shock.
    There's countless examples just like that. just tried a +3 BRH. all dps were 850+ and none of them did more than 215k dps on trash packs, even big ones. like wtf?

I see people in the premade grp system asking "865 ilvl for 175k dps" What the actual fuck? Today i did EN norm on my 852 mage and did about 260k on ursoc. I don't want to brag and i don't consider myself a pro player, but just a thinking human being, trying to optimise my play.

Enough ranting from me, what do you think? Is this generally the level of performance to be expected from people in this game? Are 95% of players just plain awful?
    And if so where can i find some decent people to play with, who are not awful?
    Stop bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    the majority of gamers is just fucking awful at any game they play.
    Because maybe, and stay with me here, because it's going somewhere...

They just want to have fun and enjoy themselves? I mean, not every kid that grabs a baseball glove and throws a ball around is going to win a Cy Young award. Doesn't mean they should hang up the glove and never play again.

Maybe not as widespread but people were definitely min maxing 10 years ago.
    But ten years ago, those people had more patience for the ones that weren't. And were polite to them and took the time to help them improve. Nowadays we just get threads like these.

And isn't it amazing that everyone in this thread has completely mastered the game? I mean, that's got to be a statistical miracle. Somebody's going to want to study all of you prodigies.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

The majority of gamer's think they're better at the games they play than they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Because maybe, and stay with me here, because it's going somewhere..
    Like...here it comes... nowhere ? Huehue.
    Seriously I am not sure how that changes that they are god damn awful by any metric. Bear in mind I didn't write they should go quit and kill themselves or whatever you seem to think I just wanted to point out this is hardly limited to wow like the title implies. Also just by the way doing something for fun hardly precludes getting somewhat proficient at whatever you currently enjoy. This just for fun crap always reminds me of this http://i.imgur.com/xeyW6cv.jpg
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-23 at 04:57 PM.