10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Its the highest rated polls that are giving Hillary big leads and the piss-poor ones that are giving Trump marginal leads, thereby bringing the average down. That's got to worry republicans.
    You know it's bad when it worries Kellyanne Conway.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There's really no path to victory for Trump. He would have to win basically every swing state to just barely get to 270. Clinton already has most of them locked up.
    She doesn't have a single fucking thing "locked up". You are being fed a complete line of bullshit by a completely biased media and you are taking it hook, line, and sinker.

The only think regarding "locked up" and Clinton should be Clinton herself. She is a fucking traitor to this country that should be thrown in jail for the rest of her life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You won't get dignified intelligent political discussion.
    Talk about the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black, LOL.
    Last edited by Trump; 2016-10-23 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    She doesn't have a single fucking thing "locked up". You are being fed a complete line of bullshit by a completely biased media and you are eating it hook, line, and sinker.

The only think regarding "locked up" and Clinton should be Clinton herself. She is a fucking traitor to this country that should be thrown in jail for the rest of her life.
    Well said. If you were a gerbil. I mean a talking gerbil would be AMAZING.

But you're human. Kind of. So I guess it's just kind of sad and should really make us think more about improving mental health in the country.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-23 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Its the highest rated polls that are giving Hillary big leads and the piss-poor ones that are giving Trump marginal leads, thereby bringing the average down. That's got to worry republicans.
    I work at a place that runs all the major news networks around the clock for certain purposes. One of the larger polls Trump uses in most of his "I am winning" talks runs an add on Fox that more or less asks people (that are watching Fox, so more than less Republicans) to call a phone number and push 1 for Trump and 2 for Clinton (the ad also paints Trump as Jesus and Clinton more or less as Satan). Then it also encourages you to call in over, and over, and over again to "fight the good fight" and show the nation that "Trump is winning and the media is skewing the data". What I find funny is these TV spots DIRECTLY TELL people why this poll is rubbish. Because it only runs and asks people that more or less were always going to or in the very least were heavily leaning Trump to start with (Fox News viewers) and then also tells you that one person sitting at home all day can count at 100000s of people in a single poll (which is funny because its what he claims the other side does).

She is a fucking traitor to this country
    Will you be saying the same about Trump when he starts restricting your First Amendment rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This CNN opinion piece talks about Trump's Gettysburg speech, and to a lesser extent, his campaign's direction in general.

Trump appears to be trying to present himself as the Lincoln for today's voters, suggesting he is fighting their civil war. And for all the Americans who feel left behind in a society that insists on a certain kind of social and cultural pluralism, Trump really is fighting their war.

He has promised to build walls and reject any rules and regulations that prohibit him from speaking his mind. He has warned working- and middle-class Americans that they are losing their jobs and that the country is losing its industry to dark "global forces" connected to both political parties. There are many Trump supporters who don't subscribe to these views, but this has been an overriding theme of his campaign from the start.

This is presumably why Trump chose Gettysburg to lay out the closing argument of his campaign -- not with a view to healing the divisive atmosphere that has emerged, but to continue the fight.

The problem is that for more and more Americans, Trump sounds more like Robert E. Lee than Abraham Lincoln. While the 2016 electorate clearly is receptive to someone who will take on the status quo, there has been very serious pushback against a candidate who has been closely associated during this campaign with dangerous, reactionary and extremist elements.
    After 2012, the RNC commissioned a "post-mortem" report on the election to find out why Mitt Romney lost so big. The major take-away of the report was that the GOP lost due to poor performance with female and non-white voting demographics.

RNC Chair (not for long) Reince Preibus said on Face the Nation today:
    I mean, first of all, I contend that he’s going to do better in black communities than we have done four and eight years ago. But what this prescription is, is a prescription for the long term, not the short term, and being active 24/7 in black and Hispanic communities, talking about the issues that matter in those communities is what our party is all about.

We are the party of Lincoln. We are the party of equality, freedom and opportunity, and that’s what we will always be.
    In 1988, George H. W. Bush won what is widely considered to be the last genuine landslide in American campaign history with 426 out of 538 electoral votes. His voting coalition was 60% white, 11% black, and 30% hispanic. Broken down by gender, 49% of women voted for him, but this number was buoyed by a disproportionate share of votes from white women; he lost black and hispanic women by margins larger than black and hispanic men.

In 2012, Mitt Romney lost to Barack Obama with only 206 out of 538 electoral votes. His voting coalition was 59% white, 6% black, and 27% hispanic. Broken down by gender, 44% of women voted for him, but, again, this is entirely due to a commanding lead among white women that offset his abysmal performance with black and hispanic women.

This is entirely due to demographic shifts that occurred just over the past 26 years. The "long term" Priebus is talking about? That's called "now."

If the Republican Party maintains wedded to white racial grievance and the reactionary politics they produce, they're capability of winning national elections will only continue to diminish as once stalwart Republican holdouts like N. Carolina (probably gone for good), Arizona (already a swing state this election), Georgia, and Texas become more and more competitive, and formerly competitive states like Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio continue to slip from their grasp. What remains will be a rump party stuck between an electoral base that brooks no deviation from those reactionary politics, and a general electorate that has an entirely different - and, in many instances, an opposing - set of political demands.

This is how political parties die. Bleeding to death.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2016-10-23 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Will you be saying the same about Trump when he starts restricting your First Amendment rights?
    or is actually a POS globalist.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/bu...-trump-europe/
    What has been made clear by current events and financial upheavals since 2008 is that the global economy has become truly that -- global.
    The near meltdown we experienced a few years ago made it clear that our economic health depended on dependence on each other to do the right thing.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.
    fast forward 3 years and oh these fucking globalists! oh why do we have an open boarder with mexico!?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If you look up ATLAS, you'll see that they make a research platform product for Democrat and progressive organizations. With that context, the emails are describing internal campaign polling.

Which has fuck all to do with the polling in general.
    And note that "oversampling" is just a polling technique (related to importance sampling - and has nothing to do with music) - for a description see: http://www.pollster.com/blogs/even_p..._baseball.html

She doesn't have a single fucking thing "locked up". You are being fed a complete line of bullshit by a completely biased media and you are taking it hook, line, and sinker.
    Except for the entire Northeast, Pacific Coast, and states with large Latino populations like Florida and New Mexico.

She doesn't have a single fucking thing "locked up".
    I'm also fairly certain she has the "straight-ticket Democrat" vote locked up. Which is a single thing. Your need to engage in spastic hyperbole has made you a liar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Veritas has lied to you republicans on three separate occasions (this is their third or fourth) each one debunked by Glenn Beck as extreme context editing and yet you continue to believe them. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me three times and shame on my parents for passing on a stupid gene.
    Well then.
    Please debunk this video in that cause.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R7A3Qz60tQ&t=0s

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    People still need to vote or this is all moot.
    Reports show that early voting is, depending on the state, at or well above 2012 levels. The only exception is Ohio, where Kasich and the Republican-led state legislature cut early voting days from 35 to 28. More recent reports are showing a drop-off in Republican early voting in a number of states, possibly due to the fact that the Republican candidate for President, with all his talk of rigged elections, is doing nothing more than impersonating Denethor II:

Of course, in this version, Gandalf left the Republican party after suffering a bitter primary defeat against Saruman, and so was never there to rally the forces of white light against the encroaching dusky hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Well then.
    Please debunk this video in that cause.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R7A3Qz60tQ&t=0s
    It is pretty easy to debunk, if we had the full context. But O'Keefe isn't releasing it because the last 3 times he has, he has been taken to the fucking cleaners for selective editing of the NPR videos, ACORN videos and the Planned Parenthood videos. He has had to pay $100,000 fine for it. He is also a convicted felon for doing some other sting. Sorry. I don't believe anything that retard says, WITHOUT CONTEXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why don't you actually think this through a bit. If the media wanted to help Clinton win, why would they lie about her having a significant lead? If anything, that would lead to less voter turnout which is bad for democrats.
    Why don't YOU actually think this through a bit. The media is basically trying to tell the Trump supporters to not even bother to vote as it will not matter because, according to them and people like you and every other anti-Trump person in this thread, Trump doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever winning.

Look at this thread - it is basically the same 20-30 people spouting the same idiotic anti-Trump rhetoric over and over again. Any time anyone says anything remotely in favor of Trump they get shouted down and piled on by the usual suspects and their smarmy, smug, and sanctimonious "opinions". You people are doing the same thing as the media - you are trying to make it seem as though Trump has no chance, so again, why bother to vote for Trump, right?

The good thing is that a lot of people couldn't give a rat's ass what a circle-jerk of 20-30 smarmy, smug, and sanctimonious 'internet posters" think, or what a circle-jerk of 20-30 smarmy, smug, and sanctimonious talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, or FOX think either. All the idiotic anti-Trump ramblings are going to do NOTHING to persuade the majority of Americans from voting for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black, LOL.
    Lets put it this way. She has a double digit lead in Pennsylvania, a near double digit lead in North Carolina, and she has a higher probability of winning Georgia and Arizona than Trump does of winning Ohio or Florida. Trump needs all four of those swing states to have any hope of winning. This is following scientific polling. If you're suggesting something is wrong with that, you're suggesting something is wrong with the fundamentals of probability.

Deleted
    Ain't enough rednecks and beardnecks for trump to win, wasn't this obvious from the start Ttump?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I'm also fairly certain she has the "straight-ticket Democrat" vote locked up. Which is a single thing. Your need to engage in spastic hyperbole has made you a liar.
    you being "fairly certain" doesn't mean shit - and you have the audacity to call me a liar based on your "fairly certain' OPINION? LOL, what a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sights View Post
    Ain't enough rednecks and beardnecks for trump to win, wasn't this obvious from the start Ttump?
    This is no longer about the election but about what Trump and his supporters will do after it.
    We're in an alternate universe full of savages that became fully educated engineers in a month because a dragon saved a racist from getting prosecuted by a panda in a scarf.

you being "fairly certain" doesn't mean shit - and you have the audacity to call me a liar based on your "fairly certain' OPINION? LOL, what a fucking joke.
    I can't wait to see what you have to say after November 8th

Will it be "it was rigged!", "I was just trolling!", or will it be "nothing at all"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sights View Post
    It's not so much that conservatives love the 1980s - though they do - as much as they foolishly believe that we're still in 1980s America despite all the evidence to the contrary, including the fact that "time" exists.