10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucior View Post
    As new prot tank, I always ask myself what should i prioritize between shield block or IP.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    For survival, the only time you might not be using Shield Block is if you're completely taking no physical hits whatsoever. Even then, it's usually worth using just for the DPS gain and extra crit for proccing ultimatum.

Basically, shield block is awesome and incredibly cheap, the 10 rage you spend on shield block is nearly always more useful than the piddly shield you'll get from spending that 10 rage on IP.

- - - Updated - - -

Necrotic again in the EU and will be doing some runs this weekend hopefully. I was wondering if any other warriors came up with any neat tricks to help with this junk. Last time was ugly!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

For necrotic, tell your healer to focus healing on you during the start of the pull when you're building up some rage, then get a maximum absorb shield up. The absorb should last for a bit, then shockwave>thunderclap>kite (heroic leap/intercept)

Defensive trinket guide and rankings

https://goo.gl/0w8oRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Defensive trinket guide and rankings

https://goo.gl/0w8oRQ
    When making the BiS list, do you take into account the ilvls of the items? Gnomeregan auto-blocker is only 805, so at what ilvl is Statuette better? Darkmoon immortality is the same, it's locked at 850 ilvl, so at what points do other trinkets become better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide, thanks. Regret not getting that autoblocker last week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    cant decide between grotesque statuette 865 vs 870 talisman of the cragshaper, anyone tested the cragshaper thing? second trinket is goblet should be out of question
    The general consensus on Talisman of the Cragshaper is that its on-use is pretty mediocre due to having a low absorb cap. Absorbing half the next 1.2M damage you take (so 600k absorb) is less than a whole M-Ursoc autoattack.
    By comparison, Grotesque Statuette doesn't function the way its tooltip indicates. It does refresh its duration with each stack, and it stacks up to 15 times. It will not fall off unless you stop taking damage from the target for 20 seconds, which is atypical. With that in mind, a basic eye test reveals that Grotesque Statuette is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

Although the community is still fairly divided on stat values, I am a staunch member of the camp that holds Mastery > Versatility, so that's just another mark in Grotesque Statuette's favor.

Deleted
    Anyone tried running ravager in m 7+? Seems like getting close to 50% parry will help with reducing necrotic stacks on big pulls by alot and will alow u to reset your stacks more often on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    When making the BiS list, do you take into account the ilvls of the items? Gnomeregan auto-blocker is only 805, so at what ilvl is Statuette better? Darkmoon immortality is the same, it's locked at 850 ilvl, so at what points do other trinkets become better?
    The Blocker performs well over it's iLvl, honestly. I can see those Timewalking trinkets getting nerfed pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Grotesque Statuette doesn't function the way its tooltip indicates. It does refresh its duration with each stack, and it stacks up to 15 times. It will not fall off unless you stop taking damage from the target for 20 seconds, which is atypical. With that in mind, a basic eye test reveals that Grotesque Statuette is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

Although the community is still fairly divided on stat values, I am a staunch member of the camp that holds Mastery > Versatility, so that's just another mark in Grotesque Statuette's favor.
    I think you should take a second to reconsider the amount of bullshit that trinket would be if it actually worked the way you described. No, it does not refresh the duration. Feel free to test this against literally anything in game. It would actually be one of the best tanking trinkets blizzard has EVER made, if that were the case. It can reapply right after it drops and have high uptime because of that. The stacks absolutely do not refresh the duration.

Please stop spreading misinformation and fact check yourself, you are writing guides and should know better if doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    I think you should take a second to reconsider the amount of bullshit that trinket would be if it actually worked the way you described. No, it does not refresh the duration. Feel free to test this against literally anything in game. It would actually be one of the best tanking trinkets blizzard has EVER made, if that were the case. It can reapply right after it drops and have high uptime because of that. The stacks absolutely do not refresh the duration.

Please stop spreading misinformation and fact check yourself, you are writing guides and should know better if doing so.
    Indeed, read this, checked my logs and complete misinformation right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    No, it does not refresh the duration. Feel free to test this against literally anything in game. It would actually be one of the best tanking trinkets blizzard has EVER made, if that were the case. It can reapply right after it drops and have high uptime because of that. The stacks absolutely do not refresh the duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Indeed, read this, checked my logs and complete misinformation right there.

So I was initially tipped off to this by Arielle about three weeks ago with the following log, which featured a Guardian Druid whose trinket was functioning exactly the way I have specified:
    Druid Log

Once I acquired the trinket myself, I tested it in the world, in LFR, and on training dummies. It worked precisely the way I have described and was verified by logs.
    When I saw your comment and checked your logs, I immediately thought Blizzard had stealth hotfixed the trinket, and I hadn't realized yet.
    This is not the case. Sometimes it refreshes. Sometimes it does not.

Here is a log I just recorded while making tacos. | Here is a gif I recorded along with the log.

Here are five more logs of Prot Warriors (and a Druid) going well over 20 seconds long on a single Grotesque Statuette, and they range from three weeks ago right up to today:

Log 1 | Log 2 | Log 3 | Log 4 | Log 5

Rather than continue to sling insults or argue over accurate, contradictory evidence, let's figure out why this is the case.
    I initially thought it was a class-based issue, but since Druids, Monks and Prot Warriors can all have this occur, I'd say that's off the table. I also considered that this is a Heroic/Normal issue, but some of the players I've checked are wearing Heroic Grotesque Statuettes, and my Monk's is Normal. For what it's worth, in looking for logs that work the way I have alleged rather than as the tooltip indicates, I only had to go through about 10 logs in total, so it seems very prevalent (small sample size being a real concern).

In continued log research, it does appear to be working "the way the tooltip intended" more on Warriors than other classes, so perhaps its related to Block in a bizarre way?

Any better ideas?
    Last edited by Llarold; 2016-10-23 at 11:08 PM.

In four out of the five raid logs you linked, both tanks had Grotesque Statuette equipped, but only one of them was working. The other tank appeared to be getting no benefit from the trinket. This fits the description of the bug in the trinket summary linked above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    So I was initially tipped off to this by Arielle about three weeks ago with the following log, which featured a Guardian Druid whose trinket was functioning exactly the way I have specified:
    Druid Log

Once I acquired the trinket myself, I tested it in the world, in LFR, and on training dummies. It worked precisely the way I have described and was verified by logs.
    When I saw your comment and checked your logs, I immediately thought Blizzard had stealth hotfixed the trinket, and I hadn't realized yet.
    This is not the case. Sometimes it refreshes. Sometimes it does not.

Here is a log I just recorded while making tacos. | Here is a gif I recorded along with the log.

Here are five more logs of Prot Warriors (and a Druid) going well over 20 seconds long on a single Grotesque Statuette, and they range from three weeks ago right up to today:

Log 1 | Log 2 | Log 3 | Log 4 | Log 5

Rather than continue to sling insults or argue over accurate, contradictory evidence, let's figure out why this is the case.
    I initially thought it was a class-based issue, but since Druids, Monks and Prot Warriors can all have this occur, I'd say that's off the table. I also considered that this is a Heroic/Normal issue, but some of the players I've checked are wearing Heroic Grotesque Statuettes, and my Monk's is Normal. For what it's worth, in looking for logs that work the way I have alleged rather than as the tooltip indicates, I only had to go through about 10 logs in total, so it seems very prevalent (small sample size being a real concern).

In continued log research, it does appear to be working "the way the tooltip intended" more on Warriors than other classes, so perhaps its related to Block in a bizarre way?

Any better ideas?
    Nice ... i need to get a hold of that trinket.
    did not know that.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Log 1 Bugged due to both tanks using the trinket
    Log 2 Maybe Web of Pain interacts like Shuffle?
    Log 3 No idea honestly
    Log 4 same as 1
    Log 5 same as 1

Only spec its consistently refreshing on its own is Brewmaster because Shuffle is interacting weird with the Statuette Id assume the trinket is trying to apply the debuff to yourself and cant so it puts it on your target which counts as a new cast resetting the duration, Web of Pain might work the same way, is just some wild guessing for those cases who knows whats going on there. For the Dragons of Nightmare idk whats causing it, maybe because you take dmg from a target too far away to apply the debuff to so it goes back to your current target as a new application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akmandor View Post
    Log 1 Bugged due to both tanks using the trinket
    Log 2 Maybe Web of Pain interacts like Shuffle?
    Log 3 No idea honestly
    Log 4 same as 1
    Log 5 same as 1

Only spec its consistently refreshing on its own is Brewmaster because Shuffle is interacting weird with the Statuette Id assume the trinket is trying to apply the debuff to yourself and cant so it puts it on your target which counts as a new cast resetting the duration, Web of Pain might work the same way, is just some wild guessing for those cases who knows whats going on there. For the Dragons of Nightmare idk whats causing it, maybe because you take dmg from a target too far away to apply the debuff to so it goes back to your current target as a new application.
    Logs definitely corroborate your first assertion, so perhaps it's functioning like this:
    If multiple targets attempt to apply the debuff, the "duration does not refresh" component bugs right out the window (roundly confirmed by the community). Self-inflicted damage (Monk Stagger/Elerethe Web) counts as a second target.

That checks out right up until Dragons, and then, ugh. I like your guess better than anything I can come up with.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2016-10-24 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Darkmoon Deck: Immortality + Statuette or Darkmoon Deck: Immortality + Goblet is the better combo? I have the heroic versions of the statuette and normal version of the goblet. We are progressing on mythic drakes atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsafe View Post
    Darkmoon Deck: Immortality + Statuette or Darkmoon Deck: Immortality + Goblet is the better combo? I have the heroic versions of the statuette and normal version of the goblet. We are progressing on mythic drakes atm.
    That is certainly affected by whether your co-tank has a Statuette of their own and whether you're only considering defenses, or if offense plays into your decision-making. Goblet is a pretty good offensive trinket if you track the buff duration, and look to game procs with small movement. Unfortunately, there are scenarios where you just can't do anything about wasting procs (Dragons, Ursoc), so it's definitely not the most reliable trinket.

Grotesque Statuette (especially with the ilvl difference on your trinkets) is typically a better defensive option, and I would recommend it in most situations.

Deleted
    Hi.

Just got a 895 Titanforged Unbridled Fury on Ursoc. I don't know if I should use it though? I currently got 865 Phantasmal Echo and 865 Goblet of the Nightmarish Ichor (with socket)

I hope you can help me out

Quote Originally Posted by Oaker View Post
    Hi.

Just got a 895 Titanforged Unbridled Fury on Ursoc. I don't know if I should use it though? I currently got 865 Phantasmal Echo and 865 Goblet of the Nightmarish Ichor (with socket)

I hope you can help me out
    Pretty sure when it will be fixed Tomorrow/Wednesday it will be really good for offspec or for easier content for extra DPS, goblet procs 24/7 and is like a steady 5-6% Versa, Phantasmal Echo has an almost shit proc but lots of haste, so.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-10-25 at 01:27 AM.

Say, fellow warriors! How is protection doing? How does it feel - the rotation, survivability, fantasy, etc?