Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    actually it's not the damage from the turrets, your literally using them as slows/distractions so you can close in and leash them. her beam does stupid damage but so hard to position. also where to buy increased run speed.
    They don't distract anything, it takes less than a second to kill one and then go back to your usual thing. If you have a spread attack like winston it's not even a threat. They don't deal enough damage to be a threat, they don't slow enough on their own to be a threat and they don't last long enough for your turrets to recharge with a horrible cap of 3.

Turret nests is the only way on console.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They don't distract anything, it takes less than a second to kill one and then go back to your usual thing. If you have a spread attack like winston it's not even a threat. They don't deal enough damage to be a threat, they don't slow enough on their own to be a threat and they don't last long enough for your turrets to recharge with a horrible cap of 3.

Turret nests is the only way on console.
    i play console. and once again that 1 second is god like. they have to turn away from you and fire to kill it. Plus you learn to place them in awkward spots to shoot at. your trying to get kills from your turrets. what you should be doing is trying to get kills from your own gun. Your immobile so you make nets and sentries. Furthermore it helps your team out by giving them a chance to move and make it easier them for them to shoot the target. If I'm fighting a reaper I have to get close enough to where he can almost 1 pump me. However in 3s i kill him. You have to play the assassin role.

I will admit however that nests do work. Especially when you have a good choke point to place them at. However you can still be effective on king of the hill style maps by creating side areas that hard to traverse. A nest would just be a building you avoid entering and bypass. However spread them out in hard to spot backline positions will slow and discourage flankers. That 1 sec it takes for them to turn and destroy a turret means they took their eye off that squishy and the whole world of options opens up.

tl:dr 1 second is longer than you think.

I spread my turrets out as well and typically don't put more than two near to each other. It's surprising how often a low health player will be killed by a stray turret during a retreat around a corner. Putting turrets in weird places such as the ceilings of rooms rather than on the walls can confuse players too - or delay them a little longer than usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    i play console. and once again that 1 second is god like. they have to turn away from you and fire to kill it. Plus you learn to place them in awkward spots to shoot at. your trying to get kills from your turrets. what you should be doing is trying to get kills from your own gun. Your immobile so you make nets and sentries. Furthermore it helps your team out by giving them a chance to move and make it easier them for them to shoot the target. If I'm fighting a reaper I have to get close enough to where he can almost 1 pump me. However in 3s i kill him. You have to play the assassin role.

I will admit however that nests do work. Especially when you have a good choke point to place them at. However you can still be effective on king of the hill style maps by creating side areas that hard to traverse. A nest would just be a building you avoid entering and bypass. However spread them out in hard to spot backline positions will slow and discourage flankers. That 1 sec it takes for them to turn and destroy a turret means they took their eye off that squishy and the whole world of options opens up.

tl:dr 1 second is longer than you think.
    Playing Symmetra more aggressively is way more satisfying too because chasing people down with that beam while they panic is entertaining as hell. Pretty sure most of the reason I can even get kills with her weapon is because people are freaking out knowing she only takes seconds to murder someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Playing Symmetra more aggressively is way more satisfying too because chasing people down with that beam while they panic is entertaining as hell. Pretty sure most of the reason I can even get kills with her weapon is because people are freaking out knowing she only takes seconds to murder someone.
    It's something they need to enhance. Her range to deal damage is pretty similar to Reaper's - if he gets the drop on someone he can usually burst them down. So can she - assuming she strikes first. Though unlike Reaper she lacks mobility once she jumps into a close range battle. It is pretty awesome to kill someone and see her damage increase so she can burst down anyone who happens to be nearby. It's only in quick play that I see people underestimate her though...and even then she's so fragile that some heroes need only look at her and she drops dead.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I also LOVE her alt fire. I'm surprised how many people still don't know that it penetrates Rein's shield. Her alt fire alone is the reason I play her - its so good for zoning a lane and punishing teams that all group behind their Rein. Plus it charges her ult really fast and does a ton of damage - I can't count the number of times I've seen a genji run directly into an orb and just give me a free 20% ult.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me Symmetra has several problems but the biggest one is her photon shield. It's just too weak and boring to be taking up an ability slot. The best thing Blizz could do to her imo is make her photon shield a passive effect and give her a totally new ability in its place.

Increasing turret charges and her health would also help her quite a bit. I also like the idea of her being able to place an invisible and inactive teleporter at the start of the match that activates (and ofc becomes visible) automatically once she reaches 100% ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I also LOVE her alt fire. I'm surprised how many people still don't know that it penetrates Rein's shield. Her alt fire alone is the reason I play her - its so good for zoning a lane and punishing teams that all group behind their Rein. Plus it charges her ult really fast and does a ton of damage - I can't count the number of times I've seen a genji run directly into an orb and just give me a free 20% ult.
    IMO it would be quite good if they say, doubled the speed. Maybe make it charge faster too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IMO it would be quite good if they say, doubled the speed. Maybe make it charge faster too.
    Doubling the speed is a double-edged sword. A big part of its current value lies in area denial on pathways; you keep launching orbs at that primary route and they have to avoid those orbs, which slows them down or pushes them to alternate paths. A faster-traveling charged shot would be more effective at dealing damage, but do a lot LESS in terms of area denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Doubling the speed is a double-edged sword. A big part of its current value lies in area denial on pathways; you keep launching orbs at that primary route and they have to avoid those orbs, which slows them down or pushes them to alternate paths. A faster-traveling charged shot would be more effective at dealing damage, but do a lot LESS in terms of area denial.
    Personally I feel like the bolts move so slowly and are so far apart that you can easily dodge them even while pushing up through a choke point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's funny playing as symmetra on kings row defense first point and the enemy tracer is all behind point A looking for your teleporter and you just put it in the middle of the battle just out of sight

Tracer looks like an idiot lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's something they need to enhance. Her range to deal damage is pretty similar to Reaper's - if he gets the drop on someone he can usually burst them down. So can she - assuming she strikes first. Though unlike Reaper she lacks mobility once she jumps into a close range battle. It is pretty awesome to kill someone and see her damage increase so she can burst down anyone who happens to be nearby. It's only in quick play that I see people underestimate her though...and even then she's so fragile that some heroes need only look at her and she drops dead.
    I wouldn't say that people underestimate her in quick but more that the games in quick are generally worse then ranked matches (for various reasons). This allow you to play certain characters on maps or modes that normally doesn't work and where you normally would be failing hard.

In ranked I laugh at snipers, in quick I'm afraid of them because of the same reasons. In quick they have more opportunities to snipe me while in ranked they really don't have a chance to stand still.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, if they charge faster too you have a higher number of orbs per minute (or whatever timescale you want to use to measure). I guess it depends on the balance between travel speed and rate of fire. That being said, I'm happy with her alt fire and would rather see the shields reworked (would love a winston type barrier* that speeds up allies and slows down enemies in the area (it could even give temporary shields when dropped similar to Lucio's ult but not as much). I also think the turret stack should just cap at 6.

*To be clear I'm not saying this proposed barrier should block damage, just boost run speed, slow enemies, and MAYBE give temp shields.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-10-24 at 03:53 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.