I may be one of the only people who dislikes transmog. I think it actually took a lot out of the game.

I remember when I was around level 20-30 and there was this level 60 warrior on a mount with some freakin cool gear. It made me want to go to these raids and become a cool kid myself.

If you wanted to roleplay, you could still carry a non-combat set to dick around in. That being said, I do understand why most people like it. I just think it's overall bad for the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I may be one of the only people who dislikes transmog. I think it actually took a lot out of the game.

I remember when I was around level 20-30 and there was this level 60 warrior on a mount with some freakin cool gear. It made me want to go to these raids and become a cool kid myself.

If you wanted to roleplay, you could still carry a non-combat set to dick around in. That being said, I do understand why most people like it. I just think it's overall bad for the game.
    You are not alone, i hate Transmog.
    If i wanted to roleplay i would simply have a set to walk in the city with.

I remember my samurai transmog on the frontpage of WoW official site

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Some random person on reddit asking on how to donate to Nostalrius because he didn't want the server to go down.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/...rt_the_server/
    Link to the original site saying the money they needed per month (the part in blue)
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40607

They only accepted a limit amount of cash per month. Everyone knows that because it was in the original site for everyone to see.
    That no longer exists.
    Until then they were paying with their own pockets

A lot of reddit pages saying "how tha fudge is this even possible" (when there was no donation button, 1 year ago)
    The 360 per month was just for the new hardware. Wonder how they paid for the other hardware. But then none of that matters because it was the server company that had to shut the server down because they were the ones making money. Seems that hardware also dropped in price already.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it bad for the game? Customization of what your wearing doesn't seem to be bad for the game.
    Last edited by stomination; 2016-10-23 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    The 360 per month was just for the new hardware. Wonder how they paid for the other hardware.

But then none of that matters because it was the server company that had to shut the server down because they were the ones making money.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it bad for the game? Customization of what your wearing doesn't seem to be bad for the game.
    It's also driven players into older parts of the game that would be abandoned otherwise. Populating all the different parts of the game is important, and while Bliz's implementation isn't perfect, I agree that it hasn't hurt the game in any way.

Deleted
    I found my screenshot of the day
    Good times

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/sc...taclysm-ss1600

I used to wear that on Orgrimmar just to role play a samurai lol. I was so dumb xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    SHE never showed, and SHE ran off with 3 million. The owner was a woman. Allison Reeves, iirc.
    Alyson Reeves. I don't believe she "got away" with the $3 million, though, since it was held in a PayPal account and Blizzard likely siphoned everything out of it after they won the law suit. (Granted, it seems she fell off the face of the earth after the ruling came down and I can't see any definitive proof Blizzard accomplished much more than shutting down the ring of PS she was running.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I kind of think they're telling the truth about the shirts - if you're gonna brag, go big. 200 shirts, for a community they claim is in the hundreds of thousands, is a really bad story to be telling. It shows that the "community" is all talk, until it comes time to throw some money in - then very few can be found. It's not a compelling story to show Blizzard, trying to show their community is willing to pay their way, to get what they want.
    Yar I think you are right on the shirts, it looks REALLY bad if that is the support the got. I still wonder if they made 'extra' money from donations on paying for the servers though.

Some random person on reddit asking on how to donate to Nostalrius because he didn't want the server to go down.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/...rt_the_server/
    Link to the original site saying the money they needed per month (the part in blue)

They only accepted a limit amount of cash per month. Everyone knows that because it was in the original site for everyone to see.
    That no longer exists.
    Until then they were paying with their own pockets

A lot of reddit pages saying "how tha fudge is this even possible" (when there was no donation button, 1 year ago)
    You linked a whole lot of nothing. First link is a Reddit link that links to the Nostalrius team post which explains nothing about their finances, and links to a website showing off a piece of hardware. Whoopidy-doo. Where's the proof that they actually bought what they claim they bought?

Again, we only have their claims. I see no proof that any of what they claim about the money they took is even remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Like I said, I can totally understand this viewpoint. But then what's to keep warriors from transmogging to cloth if it's just more customization?

I think that it takes some value away from the gear you're actually wearing. Don't get me wrong, I have my gear transmogged and I really like how it looks. I just think the game was healthier without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You linked a whole lot of nothing. First link is a Reddit link that links to the Nostalrius team post which explains nothing about their finances, and links to a website showing off a piece of hardware. Whoopidy-doo. Where's the proof that they actually bought what they claim they bought?

Again, we only have their claims. I see no proof that any of what they claim about the money they took is even remotely true.
    What did you expect a report of finances and a screen shot of receipts?
    Its a fact they only accepted 360$ per month in donation and they explained it was for the hardware to prevent lag on the servers.

Even if your claims are right and they were stealing what da fuck does 360$ divided betwen 30 people in the Nost team give? 12 dollars per person? lol
    They made 4000$ in a year. Woop-dee-Doo

Like I said, I can totally understand this viewpoint. But then what's to keep warriors from transmogging to cloth if it's just more customization?

I think that it takes some value away from the gear you're actually wearing. Don't get me wrong, I have my gear transmogged and I really like how it looks. I just think the game was healthier without it.
    I completely agree transmogs kill a big part of the game.
    It removes all the excitement in geting new pieces of gear.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-24 at 12:54 AM.

On the other hand, wearing gear with a look you dislike also takes value away from it. Back before transmog I always kept my helmets and cloaks hidden because the only ones whose look I liked/matched my character were 20 levels below me. Once transmog was implemented, I went back and got the pieces of armor that I liked the look of, which gave them a lot more value. Meanwhile, the powerful-but-ugly gear I was wearing didn't lose anything, since it didn't have any aesthetic value to begin with.

Hell, I've seen people who are even against the barbershop. "If you don't like the way your character looks, reroll!" is a stupid argument no matter how you slice it. Not being able to style or dye your character's hair, or put a different set of earrings on them, in an universe in which people get turned into sheep if a mage so much looks at them funny is an arbitrary limitation that adds nothing to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It removes all the excitement in geting new piece of gear.
    I disagree. I didn't get excited whenever I got a pig-ugly piece of gear to add to my Burning Crusade clownsuit. The new stats were nice, but unless the looks on the thing actually matched the rest of the gear I had on I mostly just groaned.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Its a fact they only accepted 360$ per month in donation and they explained it was for the hardware to prevent lag on the servers.

Even if your claims are right and they were stealing what da fuck does 360$ divided betwen 30 people in the Nost team give? 12 dollars per person? lol
    They made 4000$ in a year. Woop-dee-Doo

It removes all the excitement in geting new pieces of gear.
    Yeah being able to actually make your gear look like a set killed a part of the game? Laughable. I mean I totally enjoyed looking like a complete pile of crap because I had a Heroic coloured piece with Normal pieces . Transmog killed nothing and it improved customisation options a lot. If appearance changing makes it feel less special you got this amazing piece of gear then that is on you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 01:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah being able to actually make your gear look like a set killed a part of the game? Laughable. I mean I totally enjoyed looking like a complete pile of crap because I had a Heroic coloured piece with Normal pieces. Transmog killed nothing and it improved customisation options a lot. If appearance changing makes it feel less special you got this amazing piece of gear then that is on you.
    You would only look like a clown inside raids and for the time you didnt have "the set". There was always a set to farm.
    While you didnt have it you couldnt feel acomplished.

You can equip your "funny looking", "old tier set" or whatever you wanted in major cities.
    Which were basically a fashion show to everyone.

But is just a personal preference. I liked the fashion show thing in cities of TBC/WotlK.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-24 at 01:04 AM.

You would only look like a clown inside raids and for the time you didnt have "the set". There was always a set to farm.
    Until you didnt have it you couldnt feel acomplished.

You can equip your "funny looking", "old tier set" or whatever you wanted in major cities.
    Which were basically a fashion show to everyone.

But is just a personal preference. I liked the fashion show in cities of TBC/WotlK.
    And when Wrath came out and Heroic set colours overlapped the Normal ones? Not everyone finished their sets either as certain lone pieces were better than going for the 5th piece. Enhance Shaman for example used some of the Hunter looking pieces with Agi on in ICC. So no it killed nothing. It allowed customisation so you didn't look like a total ass with mismatched pieces. Hell even Firelands had the issue with boss pieces that didn't use the appearance for that class.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-24 at 01:06 AM.

Such fact. Much proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Such fact. Much proof.
    I already gave you the link to the official site saying what was the limit of donations.
    Do you really think Blizzard would be happy meeting with the Nost team and playing in a private server with colleague Blizzard employees, sharing that experience in interviews all fun and dandy if the Nost team openly accepted donations?
    They would have made millions and Blizzard would not be happy at all.

Here is another link saying:
    "a donation system will be available for a limited time (and limited cost)"
    https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3903

And here they say what the cost was in blue (360$)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-24 at 01:21 AM.

If they want to claim all the money they got was solely to pay for servers and new hardware, then, yeah, receipts and finances reports are needed to back up their claims. Otherwise, all we have are their words, which isn't really worth much in this regard.

Even if your claims are right and they were stealing what da fuck does 360$ divided betwen 30 people in the Nost team give? 12 dollars per person? lol They made 4000$ in a year. Woop-dee-Doo
    You're assuming they only made 360$ per month simply because they claim they made only as much. I have yet to see any proof that they only accepted a maximum of 360$ per month. Other than their dubious claims, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I already gave you the link to the official site saying what was the limit of donations.
    It was a claim that they only accepted 360$ per month. That is not proof.

More claims. Zero proof.

Not really.You don't have someone you can say "I want to be like that guy".

But unlike the old system,Transmog values almost every type of gear and makes old content relevant.

Also adds X number of time of content that varies from person to person,which is nice.

Creates a community that can share tips,transmogs and one can show their transmog and share tips.

You may not like the system and i can understand that,but to say its bad to the game i tend to disagree.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Do you really think Blizzard would be happy meeting with the Nost team and playing in a private server with colleague Blizzard employees, sharing that experience in interviews all fun and dandy if the Nost team openly accepted donations?

Once again the cease and desist wasn't sent because nost itself was making money. It was sent to who they rented the server from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Not really.You don't have more someone you can say "I want to be like that guy".

But unlike the old system,Transmog values almost every type of gear and makes old content relevant.

Also adds X number of time of content that varies from person to person,which is nice.

Creates a community that can share tips,transmogs and one can show their transmog and share tips.

You may not like the system and i can understand that,but to say its bad to the game i tend to disagree.
    That stopped because everyone looked the same from raids just with different color schemes.

So you gave no proof at all. Got it.