Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Typical size of the crowd at a Trump rally. He is going to crush Hillary the Harpy on Nov 8th.

First 100 days as the 45th POTUS:
    So, when he's trounced on the 8th and the rest of the GOP suffers in the polls thanks to his ignorance, can we expect you back here whining about it or will you be back on your normal, non-troll account pretending all along that you were against him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Not only just two points...but 2 points in a poll that should heavily favor Trump considering the source.

I do like how it goes on to tell us that Trump is favorable with uneducated poor rural dwelling men who believe in a religion.

Trump does better than Clinton among men (48% to 34%), lower-income voters (48% to 35%), rural voters (60% to 22%), and those who express a religion.

That does nothing but show what we've already known about his base.
    Rural voters should be the only ones that count anyway. They well outnumber urban people, but since urban people are all crammed so densely in a small area, their votes always supercede the rural people because of electoral vote distribution. Its total bullshit that one city decides a whole state. In PA you have the 1.5 million Philadelphia Residents deciding who will serve the other 11.2 million Pennsylvania resident, 95% of which are rural and spread all over.

Take New York, there are only 9 million people that live in New York City and they decide who wins New York despite the fact that there are almost 11 million other people in the rest of the state which is rural.

In PA you have the 1.5 million Philadelphia Residents deciding who will serve the other 11.2 million Pennsylvania resident, 95% of which are rural

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Rural voters should be the only ones that count anyway. They well outnumber urban people, but since urban people are all crammed so densely in a small area, their votes always supercede the rural people because of electoral vote distribution. Its total bullshit that one city decides a whole state. In PA you have the 1.5 million Philadelphia Residents deciding who will serve the other 11.2 million Pennsylvania resident, 95% of which are rural and spread all over.

Take New York, there are only 9 million people that live in New York City and they decide who wins New York despite the fact that there are almost 11 million other people in the rest of the state which is rural.

In PA you have the 1.5 million Philadelphia Residents deciding who will serve the other 11.2 million Pennsylvania resident, 95% of which are rural
    I don't think you understand what rural is. Or that there are other cities in New York other than New York City.

Just FYI, even if you had your facts straight, which you don't, Trump's losing the popular vote as well, so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Just FYI, even if you had your facts straight, which you don't, Trump's losing the popular vote as well, so it's a moot point.
    That's why the essence of the post is

Rural voters should be the only ones that count anyway.
    Read: only guys who vote like me should be allowed a vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rural voters should be the only ones that count anyway. They well outnumber urban people
    Well someone doesn't know how democracy works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Guys, guys, guys. Got a big scoop.

Sometimes lawyers defend bad people.
    If they had any ethics they wouldnt. If you know your client is guilty you should refuse to represent them. There is no law requiring that they are represented. The only law is that they have the right to have an attorney if they so choose. Its up to them to find that attorney, and if they cant or dont, then tough shit

If they had any ethics they wouldnt. If you know your client is guilty you should refuse to represent them. There is no law requiring that they are represented. The only law is that they have the right to have an attorney if they so choose. Its up to them to find that attorney, and if they cant or dont, then tough shit
    Uh, I believe it's "...or one will be provided for you." Granted I'm not CERTAIN that Gideon v. Wainwright applied to anything apart from those unable to pay for legal representation, but I think the essence is that everyone has the right to it even if they can't obtain it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well someone doesn't know how democracy works.
    The US isnt a democracy. However i believe the voice of 1 million people shouldnt be louder than the voice of 9 million people just because that one million is crammed in one city and gets 75% of the electoral votes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Uh, I believe it's "...or one will be provided for you." Granted I'm not CERTAIN that Gideon v. Wainwright applied to anything apart from those unable to pay for legal representation, but I think the essence is that everyone has the right to it even if they can't obtain it themselves.
    One is only provided for you if you cannot afford one. If youre a rich scumbag that nobody is willing to defend, then youre out of luck.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-10-24 at 11:37 AM.

The US isnt a democracy. However i believe the voice of 1 million people should be louder than the voice of 9 million people just because that one million is crammed in one city and gets 75% of the electoral votes
    Yep, you don't understand electoral votes or, possibly, cities. Noted.

The US isnt a democracy. However i believe the voice of 1 million people should be louder than the voice of 9 million people just because that one million is crammed in one city and gets 75% of the electoral votes
    So what is it. First you say the US isn't a democracy (and judging from former posts, you are more than fine with that), then you complain about EV and advocate for PV.

Are we trapped in a loop or something.

People have the right to an attorney. If they are unable to get one the court will provide them with one.

You can't take away people's rights just because you don't like them. That's not how this country works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So what is it. First you say the US isn't a democracy (and judging from former posts, you are more than fine with that), then you complain about EV and advocate for PV.

Are we trapped in a loop or something.
    All Im saying is the electoral votes should be distributed evenly. If Philadelphia county has 1 million residents, and the rest of the state has 10 million, then Philadelphia should only get 10% of the electoral votes, and they wouldnt be the ones deciding who represents the other 90% of the state as they do now

10+ Year Old Account
    The US isnt a democracy. However i believe the voice of 1 million people shouldnt be louder than the voice of 9 million people just because that one million is crammed in one city and gets 75% of the electoral votes
    Well someone doesn't know how Pennsylvania works, either.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/PA

Also your "1 million counts for 75% and 9 million counts as 25%" is somewhere between "factually false" and "my nine year old niece knows math better than you".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well someone doesn't know how Pennsylvania works, either.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/PA

Also your "1 million counts for 75% and 9 million counts as 25%" is somewhere between "factually false" and "my nine year old niece knows math better than you".
    Is she at all considered a prodigy?

The rural population of the United States is not quite 20%, which means that the urban population outnumbers the rural population by 4:1. Sorry.
    https://ask.census.gov/faq.php?id=5000&faqId=5971

Thats some scary shit you toss out there.
    You know, ISIS has ideas not so different from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The rural population of the United States is not quite 20%, which means that the urban population outnumbers the rural population by 4:1. Sorry.
    https://ask.census.gov/faq.php?id=5000&faqId=5971
    He doesn't know what rural means. Best I can figure is he thinks anyone not living in the state's largest city is rural.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He doesn't know what rural means. Best I can figure is he thinks anyone not living in the state's largest city is rural.
    I'm more hoping he cites a source for his claim that the rural population outnumbers the urban one, just for my own morbid curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not that it really matters, because in most States (I think there are two that do it differently), all of the electoral votes are awarded to the candidate who wins the popular vote in the State--so it makes no difference whether the votes come from the cities or the "rural" areas, really.

I mean if he wants to make up some garbage notion that the rural vote should count for more I would counter that by saying it's the people in urban areas--who have to live much more integrated with society--whose votes should be more valued. Of course, his numbers are completely fabricated anyway, so again, it's a moot point.