Poll: How would you rate this expansion?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love the aesthetics, and the story.... and basically that's about it. Yeah WQs were fun for the first 2-3 weeks, but WAAAAAY too much repetition, rewards are pointless (AP/OHR/Gear/ basically everything)
    - Don't like the diablo style loot everywhere.
    - Don't like that there are no fun world achieves to aim for. All the achieves we have are tied to instanced content or the ever fantastic Order Hall/Artifact skin farm. :/ Or gated heavily so you can't even aim for them, just do some shit every week and hope that the ones you miss come up next day/week.
    - No mounts to work for, 95% of them are RNG drops in some way.
    - Reps are passive, lost their identities. Lost their rewards. Lost their achievements.
    - Even the leftover achieves are dependant on RNG now: Fishing around the isles, First Aid, Pet Battle.
    - Sharding and CRZ coexists. That's big wtf for me. Sharding Dalaran, especially.

I log in the morning, check to see if rngesus pitied on us with missing tamers/fishing WQs, do my emissary quest in 10 mins and then I log off. I can't basically say: "Great, I have 2 hours to play wow, let's go for this achieve!" because I log in and the thing I miss for the achieve is simply not up. That's some fucked up system imo.
    I don't raid because the loot system and the artifact system drove me away from it. I don't farm mythics because I never fell for small group content too much. Let alone farming the same instances all day everyday and pray for gear procs.
    I miss dungeons with relatively small loot table, I miss knowing the name of items, being excited for them, and specifically go for them (I want the one and only iteration of Spectral Kris from the Black knight -> I go Trial of the Crusader!). I miss strict item levels. "Fantastic trinket of doom" now can have 8-10 iterations, wtf. I miss the much more simplistic, but much much much more enjoyable gameplay.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-24 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i'm not getting worn out for playing 4hours aday. So about 6/10
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I'm pretty bored with it. 6/10

I hate questing in Suramar so much that I often don't log on at all.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    - The ap grind is the worst thing to ever be in this game.

- 20m only mythic is just as big a problem now as it was in wod. Its killing raiding, anyone who argues against that is a fool, but im aware this is mmo champ and nothing blizzard does is wrong.
    I wish Blizzard would hire this guy.

6/10

The Good:

The storylines are great, and I enjoyed how the questing flowed. The raids and dungeons are mostly all solid. The raiding is a bit easy, but I do enjoy the fights. I also like the titanforged system, as t does give people those moments of joy when they get a great proc. I also enjoy the scenery, they did a good job with the feel of each zone.

The Bad:

Legendary RNG is really not good. Some legendaries are gamechanging for a class, so people who don't have them will be sat for those who do. That same RNG came into play with alchemy procs, which was quite annoying. Professions as a whole are actually worse than WoD, which is something I never thought I'd say. Some professions have absolutely no value.

The Downright Terrible:

This expansion is very alt-unfriendly. It feels grindy enough on one character, with a single spec. As someone who likes to play alts, I find myself running away from them in this expansion. It simply takes far too much time to make them viable. The artifact weapons also fall into this. Although I love the idea of an artifact weapon, and even like the design trees, it basically locks you into a single spec for the first 6-9 months of the expansion. A great deal of power is locked into the advancement through your weapon, so swapping specs is an automatic downgrade to character strength.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 7/10 so far;

Pros
    - Artifact keeps progression after hitting 110
    - The Dungeons are well made and fun
    - EN is a decent opening Raid

Cons
    - PVP Gearing, PVP Honor Talents and Rewards (Some of this is fixed in 7.1)
    - World Quests are beginning to feel repetitive, Especially Kirin Tor ones. Doing these with Alts with no variation is pretty meh.
    - Class Pruning and RNG with resources and abilities (Tactician and Festering Wounds are two that are bothering me right now)
    - Whilst you choose which order of zones, you will pretty much end up doing the exact same quests whilst levelling. WoD had more variety and choice.
    - Order Hall missions as part of the Class Campaign have stupid durations.
    - Alts in general (AP Grind, PVP Honor Talents and World Quests)
    - RNG Legendaries and Gear. Getting an 885 Trinket from a Raid instead of 850 is dumb (Also my luck was that the trinket was completely crap either way).

Looks more negative than it really is. Some of these aren't game breaking, but they do bother me somewhat. Half of my issues lies in Alts.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I no longer play hardcore so I could not care less about Mythic + and stuffs, so I don't have to waste time doing the endless loot grind that everyone is doing now

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Tanks and healers are relatively well balanced, dps classes could do a lot better though. I don't see a problem with the legendaries though. People have the mind set that they're a must that should be grinded for, when they're just a bonus. This is coming from someone who still hasn't seen one.
    People really should stop with that "omg its just a bonus" nonsense. Its bad already that devs are so out of touch with their own game, but players, really?

How can it be "just a bonus" when you get massive damage bonuses with legendary, compared to people who have same gear but have no legendary? I do understand though that maybe non-competitive people feel like it is a bonus though, but for mythic raiding having right legendary or not is one of main defining factors of whether you're being invited to a progress raid or being benched.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

TLDR: Legion so far - 9/10
    Arguably the best levelling experience yet, and with a solid focus on rewarding cooperative play the game feels more social than ever -which is great if you're social but less so if you're a lone wolf... but then, this is an MMO.

Levelling - 10/10
    No major criticisms though personally I missed the cue to start my Artifact Knowledge so I was ~24hrs behind on my first AK work order. I think that's my only gripe, in general, that the game could've given you more cues to start AK asap... but it's a very minor critique.

Legion Companion App -9/10
    Great!

Missions - 8/10
    They are what they are, a fairly harmless exercise in resource management that sometimes brings in some nice bits n pieces!

Dungeons - 10/10
    I started the expansion knowing that I'd be tanking for a group of 5 (all time tank, Brewmaster) with the mindset we'd be farming Mythic+ for gear and then possibly find a Guild as we needed. The dungeon progression was great -you'd hit 110 close enough to Normal dungeon farm, from that and some World Quests you'd be doing Heroics and shortly after (especially for premades) then Mythic. With Mythic+ released we had a great time farming and pushing M+.

My main -Brewmaster 9/10
    Love the complexities of the spec, but resent that I have to try very hard to remain competitive relative to a Protection Warrior. Maining a Brewmaster since MoP I was apprehensive going into Legion, all the rage (geddit?) was about Prot Warriors but I'm very happy I stayed with my Brewmaster; it's a lovely class and I have managed to stay competitive in raiding logs both in Survivability and as tank DPS.

Burnout factor - 4/10
    Yeah, so all my friends hit this expansion very hard. It was tough keeping up, but the content just kept coming -there was almost always 'something' to do -World Quests, dungeons, Artifact Power etc etc. It was a lot, and with discipline you could be very happy (and kinda competitive) with 20+hrs a week played; but most of my friends were hitting the 40+hrs a week and now I see them playing less and the 5 man clique we had has kinda evaporated.

Blizzard's actions on botting - 7/10
    It appeared the botting scene was hit pretty hard with Legion launch, nice banwaves and bot forums generally unhappy. But then the auction house manipulation / firewalls and flying bots became apparent and yeah the economy was definitely hit as a result, negatively. I think Blizzard's actions against botters is harder and more proactive than before, and whilst of course you'll never deter the suicide (for profit) botters I think Blizzard have successfuly killed a lot of custom for mainstream (personal use) botting and that is to be commended.

7 or 8.

Good expansion, but not really that much better than most others (yes, including WoD).

As I have been saying, in the end it's really not that different, the major difference is a slightly better reward system than the mess that WoD's was. Then again there's so much RNG that it doesn't really feel satisfying in any way, to me.

World Quests are a much better version of dailies, but in the end it's still dailies and still becomes repetitive after a while. Some fun, and defenitely better than WoD in that sense, but still not very compelling in the long term to me.

Mythic plus is very welcome and one of the biggest pros of the expansion to me.

New transmog system, the changes to tagging and such are also very welcome.

Other than mythic dungeons and mythic +, though, content-wise, after completing the story questlines I login to raid and every now and then for some dailies and dungeons. Just like any other expansion (which is not a bad thing).
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-24 at 12:19 PM.

-1 for absent pve class ballance. not sure about pvp
    -1 for gearing gaps between heroics and raids; normal raids and heroic raids
    8\10

-8 for "LF ranged dps normal EN 835+ link curve"

9/10 due to abysmal class balance and relatively small Broken Isles area, which should have included at least a few isleS. Travel between the islands could offer some spectacular views and give a better feeling of spaciousness.

Deleted
    So far it is en par with MoP for me. Let's see how .2, .3 and .4 will play out!

Deleted
    Better than WoD in terms of lore, story and content, also in terms of looks (zones in WoD were cool, but I was really tired of the orcs and ogres everywhere...), also better than Cata (but I would rate the story of Cata better than WoD), on equal terms with other expansions in this regard. World quests are ok, but become very repetitive after some weeks, but we have the same problem to a degree with classical "daily quests"

Disgusting zone layout, just like in WoD, in conjunction with no-flying makes me want to puke. I rather spend a minute more while doing a quest than one minute more riding around on exactly the same path to get to the quest.

Dungeons are fine, as always. I don't know if I will ever set foot into mythic+, because my guild is very casual and rarely enough people onle for a full group, and I don't want to pug M+.

Cannot say much about raids, because I don't raid anymore beside LFR runs, and LFR is just that. Though I am quite angry that they excluded the artifact questline from LFR. So much for "you will be able to see the story in LFR"... liars.

Overall, I would rate this expansion better than WoD, equal to Cata, and a bit inferior to the other expansions, with Classic being the worst.

Deleted
    7/10.

I really like the game as it is now, but the loot system is an absolute mess and I would have prefered it if they just let legendaries out of the game, or at least in it's current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    3 hours a day, 6 if this is a raid day.
    you are raiding with your main and possibly with one of your alt.
    Assuming 3 raid per week with your main and 1 raid a week with your alt, that's 4 raiding day per week
    So you are playing 4*6+3*3=33H per weeks.That basicaly is a full time job amount of hours. In France, a full time job is 35H a week, in Germany, it's 32. in UK it's 35-40. In the US, full time jobs are defined as 30+ hours weekly.

of course you can maintain several alt, with this amount of play time. Not everyone can or want to spend that much time in game.
    thats a casual gameplay ... When i was in top tier guild we could raid 12+ h and still manage to gear up alts . If 3+ h a day is to much for you ... Then wow is not the game for you . BTW what this have to do with game being alt unfriendly??To ad something from me , you can clear normal in less then 2 h and hc in about 3 h, MC is for Elites so you don't actually need to do it... Sooo much life taking .... Right.
    Last edited by Sodia; 2016-10-24 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    thats a casual gameplay ... When i was in top tier guild we could raid 12+ h for 2-3 weeks and after we cleared the place we only raided one night per week and still manage to gear up alts . If 3+ h a day is to much for you ... Then wow is not the game for you . BTW what this have to do with game being alt unfriendly??
    Fixed it for you, np.

Also when you were in that top guild there was a clearly defined gear cap. You couldn't get better items from Ulduar than ilevel 239 (except Val'anyr), no matter what you did. You didn't have to steadily farm AP on all your chars. You could be done with the game on your main, so you could gear your alt, and be done with that too. Now? Forget it.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-24 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I voted 9, my only gripe so far is the story is a bit cliche/bland or whatever term you want to use.

I mean the individual zones are fine, but the overall 'the world is doomed' stuff is a bit old by now.

I also really dislike being the hero instead of a hero. This type of story telling does not lend well to MMORPGs. I had the same complaint in WOD being a 'garrison commander'.
    I strongly agree with the bolded line, I give legion 8/10 and for me its REALLY high Id say wotlk was 8/10 as well for me, Legion Is just addictive as hell..

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Probably a 6.

A lot of things drag it down.

Class Balance
    Legendaries
    Artifact grind
    Pointless rep gating
    World Quests
    Alt hostile
    EN being mediocre and visually bad
    Pretty much this for me as well, but I'd add the RNG element (not only regarding Legendaries, but to the expansion as a whole), which would make it a 5 for me.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    How alt friendly do you want it? I work a shift pattern, have life outside of WoW and have 4 characters at 110 with 6 specs at 2 Gold traits unlocked around 850 ilevel and reputations all at revered or above. The only way this game would be more alt friendly would be if they gave you fuck all to do once you hit 110 like WoD.
    I think you're talking BS tbh