Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Why do casuals need gear?

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.

Deleted
    This sounds like something @Frolk would post. Damn this is going to get locked so quickly.

Deleted
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    OK, so what, you're special I guess. Believe it or not, there are millions of other people that play this game that may, and I know this is hard for you to believe, have a different opinion or idea then you. Again, this is tough for you, but you thinking they don't deserve anything again is just one opinion in a sea of millions.

The real question is why do you care if they get gear? Lets say that hypothetically everyone could achieve the same gear score regardless of content. Would that piss you off? It shouldn't, perhaps they spent time doing other things instead of raiding or PvP. Isn't the "real" reward of those activities the team work, the achievements, the challenge? Thats what everyone likes to pretend at least.

TLDR stop worrying about other players, they pay and have the same right to the game as you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    OK, so what, you're special I guess. Believe it or not, there are millions of other people that play this game that may, and I know this is hard for you to believe, have a different opinion or idea then you. Again, this is tough for you, but you thinking they don't deserve anything again is just one opinion in a sea of millions.

The real question is why do you care if they get gear? Lets say that hypothetically everyone could achieve the same gear score regardless of content. Would that piss you off? It shouldn't, perhaps they spent time doing other things instead of raiding or PvP. Isn't the "real" reward of those activities the team work, the achievements, the challenge? Thats what everyone likes to pretend at least.

TLDR stop worrying about other players, they pay and have the same right to the game as you do.
    Hes not telling you you can't play, hes telling you you don't deserve the same loot.
    The I pay so I deserve always makes me chuckle.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because without a somewhat constant trickle of incremental gear upgrades in this game, character "progression" stagnates, the false sense of accomplishment fades, players lose interest, and subs decline. I personally don't think someone who only does casual solo content "needs" or "deserves" anything higher than an item level in the low 850's, either, but these players likely make up a huge chunk of the game, so they still need a proverbial carrot on a stick dangled before them as new content updates are released.

I'm speaking, of course, about mechanisms for continued gear progression as the expansion moves on -- not a way to cater to the masses by giving away ilvl 880 gear during the first raid tier. For anyone who's stagnated in the 850 bracket in current content, that's just your gear ceiling until 7.1. But if there are no opportunities for upgrades for these players in 7.1 and 7.2, then Blizzard is only asking to drive them away.

Because otherwise you wouldn't get any, and we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Hes not telling you you can't play, hes telling you you don't deserve the same loot.
    The I pay so I deserve always makes me chuckle.
    Ok correction. They pay and the same right to loot as you do. Better? I think you know what I meant and the fact that you chose to point it out proves more about you then me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple:
    Because there is not much reason to play WoW if you cannot enhance your character further.

Since it's a subscription based game, it's in Blizzards interest to give even the casualst™ of casuals options to get better gear so they keep p(l)aying.

Personally: I no longer give a damn about the gear treadmill, which is why my account won't be active continuously.

Deleted
    Always the same attitude with these edgelords. You'll grow up once you realize there's a life outside of WoW and you have to move out of your parents their basement and quit living off welfare.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-24 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Ok correction. They pay and the same right to loot as you do. Better? I think you know what I meant and the fact that you chose to point it out proves more about you then me.
    I can't read your mind.
    I also disagree with you on all points even though I am a casual my self and will never get the best gear.
    Working towards goals should reward you with stuff other people can't/don't want to get.

7+ Year Old Account
    are you seriously asking why the majority of the playerbase needs gear?

you want the majority to have nothing to do?
    its a form of progression, it gives you stuff to do in game, for most its fun.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR!
    Well, I'm around 850 and I could definitely use some more oomph for killing elites in Suramar. Other than that... you are probably right about not needing gear.

However, all players need to feel they're improving - else they'll unsub quickly, en masse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Always the same attitude with these edgelords. You'll grow up once you realize there's a life outside of WoW and you have to move out of your parents their basement and quit living off welfare.
    You sound an awful lot like an edgelord there your self. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    There is character progression, you just have to do some harder content.

I'm so tilted when I see things like that :
    The re-design of Kara, damn it´s great, but it´s not accessible by the majority of your players, therefore they can never see how much work went into it and this is a problem.
    I was doing mythic dungeons Day 1 with 810 ilvl. At this stage, if you are not doing mythic dungeons, then you are not even try to get character progression.
    I have the impression that the word 'Mythic' scare some people.

Your post is awful, but I agree somewhat with the message. If you want ilvl to climb, you have to do harder challenges, which requires you to start grouping with people to get there, so either do that, or be content with what you have.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do hardcore players need gear? Just scale ilevel to whatever it's supposed to be upon entering a Mythic raid and reward cosmetics. I mean it's all for the prestige anyway, so super hardcores don't need gear rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by jeiwel View Post
    There is character progression, you just have to do some harder content.

I'm so tilted when I see things like that :

I was doing mythic dungeons Day 1 with 810 ilvl. At this stage, if you are not doing mythic dungeons, then you are not even try to get character progression.
    I have the impression that the word 'Mythic' scare some people.
    Good for you? I picked the right class too and I can get into Mythics with ease and faceroll. About half the classes and specs have issues getting into Mythic dungeons because people think they're awful. And I hate to break this to you, but just the manual group finding cockblock of Mythic keeps participation rates in it waaaaaaaaaay lower than you probably think they are, and it has nothing to do with skill or effort.

I mean the OP couldn't get more correct about the thread he was discussing.
    I see people constantly say "legion sucks, I do world quests every day and never get an upgrade."
    These people don't deserve responses. Learn to read up on the game and play it properly. If you don't want to raid or do dungeons that's fine, but you do not deserve gear or to be treated like you have been screwed because of rng. The best gear comes from raids. If you want it, go get it!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

If you pay you have the right to earn rewards IF you play the damn game. also WQ can proc TF and blizz already announced that they are upping base ilvl for WQ but you don't deserve the same gear as people who do instanced content. AND my biggest question is why don't you want to do group content? Play the Witcher, Play DA: Inquisiton, Play Skyrim, WoW is not a single player game it is an MMO. I don't ask mortal kombat to let me win 50% of my matches don't ask for the same gear in an rpg. You say that players need gear to stay subbed. THEN GO GET IT! no one is stopping you except you! blizz has not and never will make this game so that people with a busy life cant feasibly do instanced content. theres 4 levels of difficulty in raids. Have you seen how easy heroic 5 mans are???

All these people saying that there has to be some sort of character progression, there is - dungeons. OP is quoting someone who doesn't want to do any of the content that rewards gear and yet still be entitled to that gear. Where's the logic? The only person stopping said player from getting 850+ gear is the player him/herself.