Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    People bashing OP and citing “life outside the game” or “some don’t share your view” are missing the point. I suppose using the term “casual” triggered some people too.

Refusal to do the content that is readily available to you to attain that higher ilvl gear is not a valid reason to complain. The content in question does not have any significant obstacles put in place by Blizzard (gating, attunement, item level requirements) that would prevent the “casual” from doing it.

If one was to postulate that the “casual” logs into the game and steers clear of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeons, any difficulty for raids, random battlegrounds or arena queues, to instead do world quests or old content then that is his choice. Because the gear he wants to receive just so happens to be in the aforementioned content, he has no valid claim to it.

For reasons of not having enough time, content is too hard, or they do not like to deal with other players is their reasons and nobody is faulting them for it. However, there are no significant obstacles preventing them for attaining that level of gear.

It boils down to people wanting to get things the easy way. It’s a bad mentality and some people who see that are quick to anger like what we’ve seen in this thread.

EDIT: I understand the notion that is may be hard for "casuals" who have limited time to get into groups (Mythic dungeons, non-LFR raids) and actually complete content and win items. However the nature of a MMORPG requires that group effort and Blizzard has already implemented (to much of the player base's disdain) ways to fix through LFR.

Getting into mythic dungeon + raid groups may be frustrating but it's no where near as bad as some people make it out to be. If your limited time is an issue, perhaps you should rethink what game you should play with that time.
    Yeah it's really funny cuz in my OP I stated I'm a full time student with a job and I dont cry for gear. I accept that i will have low to average ilvl this entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Or people could stop having an inferiority complex because people have better shinies for doing more demanding and challenging activities.
    the ilvl gap just needs to be smaller then it wouldn't matter - make things about titles, mounts, appearances etc..the closer everyone is in item level the less issues we have with elitism ruining LFG, for example. make the harder content more about skill, less about needing more power to overcome bigger numbers.

OK so solo them in a later patch when the non raid rewards become better.
    Question for you! Why do you give a fuck if causuals have semi good gear or not? In what way does it affect you?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Well for one as you add more tiers the gap between players increases. This makes it harder for new players as well as casuals who want to switch to raiding to get into the current content because they are so far behind.

Also casuals are what keep the lights on and the game running, if all the casuals quit they would need to cut down on devs and support and expansions would take longer and have less content causing several raiders to quit and eventually getting so low that they would have to shut the game down entirely. And the easiest way for them to add new content for players without taking tons of time is gear.
    Blizz already stated that they were raising the base ilvl of WQ in 7.1 but people want higher than that.

The game isn't based around u soloing last expansions raid. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion
    Clearly it is since I can do it and there is achievements for it (Raiding with leashes) and I love how you ignored the first part of what I said.

Once again you don't get to decide who gets what, Only thing you get to decide is if you will play or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Or people could stop having an inferiority complex because people have better shinies for doing more demanding and challenging activities.
    Or people could stop having a god complex and thinking they can control what others enjoys in WoW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    the ilvl gap just needs to be smaller then it wouldn't matter - make things about titles, mounts, appearances etc..the closer everyone is in item level the less issues we have with elitism ruining LFG, for example. make the harder content more about skill, less about needing more power to overcome bigger numbers.
    Its the inclusion of the lowest skilled players that created these ilvl gaps. Frankly I say we go back to the original and original tuning of just Normal and Heroic. And no Titanforging stupid shit. And re add the fucking VP vendor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Clearly it is since I can do it and there is achievements for it (Raiding with leashes) and I love how you ignored the first part of what I said.

Once again you don't get to decide who gets what, Only thing you get to decide is if you will play or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Or people could stop having a god complex and thinking they can control what others enjoys in WoW.
    No one has a god complex but apparently you view them as such.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Question for you! Why do you give a fuck if causuals have semi good gear or not? In what way does it affect you?
    this question has been answered over 20 times in this thread. The point is the rewards mean nothing if everyone gets them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand people wishing to avoid dungeons (even at the group finder level), but simply getting better gear requires more effort. If you aren't willing to put in that effort, then you do not deserve the gear. If someone is theoretically capped at item level 850 and refuses to go into dungeons to increase his item level, he deserves to remain at item level 850. The game goes far enough providing accessible content to those who either do not have the time or the desire to progress their character. If someone wants the higher item level gear, that person needs to put in the effort to earn it. Dungeons aren't the enemy, you are.

why does it bother you that they have gear ?

You are annoyed that casuals get good gear. But do you think youy would even have a game to play if it wheren't for the casuals money ?

And every single person out there won't keep playing a rpg when there is no more character power to be gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I. So happy you made this pitiful retort . yes raiding with leashes Wotlk edition not Warlords. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    This old argument.

Its not that simple. The development cycle of WoW has proven time and time again if you give access to the same gear for everyone then Blizzard is forced to dumb down and reprogram content for the lowest denominator player. The game suffers long term, as people who are 'casual' are going to unsub anyhow after they hit their glass ceiling whether they had access to the same gear or not. With this design your long term players are going to unsub as well because the game is fucking boring.

Reminds me of how a lot of newer games (single player) have three different modes now;

'Story Mode'
    'Normal Mode'
    'Hard Mode'

Lets call a spade a spade, 'Story Mode' is the new PC title for 'Easy'.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-24 at 06:09 PM.

It isn't a "need" for the gear, obviously, but people who play a game like this of course want the best stuff that they can possibly get, regardless of how casual or hardcore they play. Who in the hell is the op or anyone else to look down on people for wishing they could get better gear? Who are they to say "if you're not doing mythic raids then just go collect mounts and pets"? What is wrong with you people who think this? This is a damn game, something meant for some enjoyment in your off-time, it is of zero concern or consequence to you how anyone that has nothing to do with you spends their time playing this game, and what gear they have or want. The OP talks about being triggered by reading how a casual wants better gear...that is just beyond sad to me. People aren't cool or special because they raid mythics, you're not some awesome person because you have high level gear like hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other people have. Looking down on other people because of how they play or how they want to play the game, or because *god forbid* they wish they had better gear...it's childish, it's pointless, and it makes me wonder what deeper problems they actually have to not only be so concerned about how people play a VIDEO GAME, but also to think so highly of themselves because of how they play a VIDEO GAME.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    I can understand people wishing to avoid dungeons (even at the group finder level), but simply getting better gear requires more effort. If you aren't willing to put in that effort, then you do not deserve the gear. If someone is theoretically capped at item level 850 and refuses to go into dungeons to increase his item level, he deserves to remain at item level 850. The game goes far enough providing accessible content to those who either do not have the time or the desire to progress their character. If someone wants the higher item level gear, that person needs to put in the effort to earn it. Dungeons aren't the enemy, you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    why does it bother you that they have gear ?

You are annoyed that casuals get good gear. But do you think youy would even have a game to play if it wheren't for the casuals money ?

And every single person out there won't keep playing a rpg when there is no more character power to be gained.
    read this. just because people pay for the game doesnt make them entitled to it. Hey I bought dark souls 3 and still havnt beat the first boss should I be able to farm the tutorial until i get all the sweet gear too? No game works like that. Be glad that Blizz gives what they do give (basically for free)

Everyone needs character progression in an RPG. If there is no character progression, then your game is complete and you end up bored... and quit the game and move on.

Obviously, you don't care about this, but Blizzard does.

Now I don't know how I feel about the story you specifically mentioned, but I'm sure you're not so naive as to be unable to understand why someone would care about this.

No one has a god complex but apparently you view them as such.
    You want to tell others what they can and can't have, What they can and can't enjoy and what is and isn't relevant.

By definition ya that's what you have.
    The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they are unquestionably correct.
    - - - Updated - - -

I. So happy you made this pitiful retort . yes raiding with leashes Wotlk edition not Warlords. Good job
    And its still old raid content and I need better gear to solo it faster

You realize soloing old content keeps a LOT of people subbed. The Tmog system even makes it all relevant. I need better gear to solo Garrosh mythic so I can try to get the shoulders, I need better gear to solo HFC for the items I want from there.

There is more to this game then the current patch and gear fuels it all.

You also seem to forget this is a RPG and Character progression matters the most. That stops people stop playing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    It isn't a "need" for the gear, obviously, but people who play a game like this of course want the best stuff that they can possibly get, regardless of how casual or hardcore they play. Who in the hell is the op or anyone else to look down on people for wishing they could get better gear? Who are they to say "if you're not doing mythic raids then just go collect mounts and pets"? What is wrong with you people who think this? This is a damn game, something meant for some enjoyment in your off-time, it is of zero concern or consequence to you how anyone that has nothing to do with you spends their time playing this game, and what gear they have or want. The OP talks about being triggered by reading how a casual wants better gear...that is just beyond sad to me. People aren't cool or special because they raid mythics, you're not some awesome person because you have high level gear like hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other people have. Looking down on other people because of how they play or how they want to play the game, or because *god forbid* they wish they had better gear...it's childish, it's pointless, and it makes me wonder what deeper problems they actually have to not only be so concerned about how people play a VIDEO GAME, but also to think so highly of themselves because of how they play a VIDEO GAME.
    Bro. I play the game exactly the same. If you read my posts you'd know I'm not a raider at the moment I just dont whine for gear I accept that I will only have low to average ilvl and when i want pieces i go for it I dont ask blizz for gear. Period. It's a game you can win and you can lose. if no one is better than anyone its not a game its some pussy social justice warrior hangout. (Hello Kitty Island Adventure?) go play club penguin or something

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's already a "lowest common denominator" game by nature. I really wish people would get off their high horse about this topic, it's already a game designed for people who aren't good at anything. Whenever someone tries to talk down to others about how great they are, it sounds like a 'tallest leprechaun' contest.
    For the record I am not a great player. I'd consider myself middle of the pack. I have no aspirations for anything beyond heroic raids and mythic+.

I dont have the patience for stuff like mythic raiding. The difference is I don't bitch and complain about 'lack of access'. I am an adult and can accept that content was not designed for me.

But casuals have a tiny chance at getting raiding gear. Please, do not forget it's just the first tier. Casuals will lag behind like nobody's business later in the expansion.

Deleted
    I don't care if "casuals" have gear or not. I dont ever inspect random people or give thought to their gear.

I only care about what gear I have. Sadly it is handled poorly in LEGION with so much randomness going on regarding the items.

It starts with :

- Legendaries. The good ones are too good and the bad ones are too bad.
    - Warforged/Titanforged up to 895. This is not really a big issue, but I hate doing world quest for blue items hoping for the 0.01% of them upgrading to what I actually would need.
    - Relics with defensive/bad traits compared to your best trait.
    - Extra stats like speed, avoidance, socket, leech. Some items are bonkers strong with a socket.
    - World boss rotation. 11 weeks for a chance to get the item you need. You could go a year or two without the trinket you need from that one world boss. And by that time you probably dont even need that item anymore.

It is just a bit too much. Some people are very fortunate and got the 2 best legendaries that synergize well, got the 2 BiS trinkets and a couple of 895 items with great stats. For those people life is sweet. Sadly it works the other way too and some people got no legendary or a very bad one that is next to useless and need to wait 11 weeks for another shot at good trinkets.

Statistically seen it doesn't matter. In the end it balances out, but for the fate of an individual it can be severly frustrating at this point. And then there are the deficits in class balance. If you are a frost DK, affliction warlock or something like that and extremely unlucky with loot/legendaries then you are probably in a very depressive state right now.

Back to topic. Give casuals gear, but always reward better players more. Go back on the RNG a bit Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    The real question is why do you care if they get gear? Lets say that hypothetically everyone could achieve the same gear score regardless of content. Would that piss you off? It shouldn't,
    Found the communist.