Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How do you edit a video to make someone say what he said without jump cuts?
    "Will I say, 'I beat up babies'? No, of course I wont say that. What do you mean I just did"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    "Will I say, 'I beat up babies'? No, of course I wont say that. What do you mean I just did"
    Grasping at straws.
    This thread in 3 words. Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I'm laughing how people are saying "well, it must be fake, because it's O'Keefe"
    So what if it's fucking O'Keefe. Didn't they say what they did in the video? This thread is full of AD HOMINEMS (targeting O'Keefe), but it's nothing special, liberals usually resort to logical fallacies when they're losing.

We arent losing and o'keefe is a lying POS always been and will always be. really just so cute to see the extremists on the right thinking they have facts when all they do have is lies and more lies from folks like o'keefe

Really you can have your own views but you cant have your own set of facts the real world doesnt work that way and facts arent some liberal conspiracy despite what breitbart and other right wing brainwashing places keeps telling you. it is FACTS should check em out sometime. personally i enjoy having the facts on my side in every discussion just makes life so much easier to know i got the facts and the science to back up the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Grasping at straws.
    Yes. Yes you are.
    http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro...ection-videos/
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    You might remember James O'Keefe from his discredited Planned Parenthood and ACORN videos.
    You mean Planned Parenthood, the organization founded by a racist eugenicist who Hitler took inspiration from?

Could you say that again please... this time in my coat pocket.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    You mean Planned Parenthood, the organization founded by a racist eugenicist who Hitler took inspiration from?
    Oh no, you discovered their hidden agenda. They've actually not changed their business statement since the turn of the century Eugenics craze among all the wealthy whites. Great sluthing, Columbo.

Did you know that Volkswagen is still carrying on Hitler's legacy, too? Lemme tell you what that TDI scandal was -really- about...

- - - Updated - - -

This and the Planned Parenthood video continually remind me of the Babylon 5 episode "The Illusion of Truth". It's one of their best written episodes about the power of selective, out-of-context quoting in hostile propaganda that illustrates how easy it is to twist people's words and create an entirely oppositional narrative, even from the most benign comments.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

The main issue I have with the videos so far, and I hope you trust me when I say I'm no Hillary fan, is that they show campaign finance collusion, PAC coordination, etc... Basically, stuff that as fine worthy, not campaign destroying.

It shows she's basically a corrupt deceitful politician that will blur the lines to get elected. Is that any different than most candidates? If there is a sad truth is that she feels she actually needs to do this against Trump. She really doesn't have too, just let Trump talk and he buries himself.

I think that's the most worrisome thing about Hillary, she continually does things like this, and the ToddAndClare.com thing trying to frame Assange, etc... It does make me wonder then for all the need to try and discredit people who don't need to be discredited - in the case of Trump. And in terms of Assange, the lengths she gone to try and discredit him makes me wonder what she's trying to hide.

Do you think the guy fired for inciting violence at Trump rallies over an edited video?
    He wasn't fired, he stepped down to avoid this being a distraction. O'Keefe was sued and had to pay $100,000 to one of the people in his ACORN videos for deliberately misleading the public about their statements. That didn't stop ACORN from being shut down even though they did NOTHING wrong. They called the cops on O'Keefe and was only humoring him in order for the authorities to arrive. Of course that portion was never mentioned in his released video.
    Last edited by Matchles; 2016-10-24 at 11:02 PM.

Do you think the guy fired for inciting violence at Trump rallies over an edited video?
    They guy on the acorn tape was fired than later sued the producer for like 100,000 dollars. I feel like we've been through this circle jerk but that won't stop mmo champion. You guys ride and beat that horse till the wheels fall off.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ask Shirley Sherrod:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Sherrod

Actually, Breitbart may not exist today if she didn't act like the bigger person and not settle with him for every penny he had.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why won't he release the full, unedited videos?
    Because he has admitted in an interview that the context would destroy his narrative and that "people would see things differently than what I have presented" to quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you have alternative information?
    Sure he does, but I don't think anyone would take the shit he pulls out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Oh no, you discovered their hidden agenda. They've actually not changed their business statement since the turn of the century Eugenics craze among all the wealthy whites. Great sluthing, Columbo.

Did you know that Volkswagen is still carrying on Hitler's legacy, too? Lemme tell you what that TDI scandal was -really- about...

- - - Updated - - -

This and the Planned Parenthood video continually remind me of the Babylon 5 episode "The Illusion of Truth". It's one of their best written episodes about the power of selective, out-of-context quoting in hostile propaganda that illustrates how easy it is to twist people's words and create an entirely oppositional narrative, even from the most benign comments.
    It's only a hidden agenda to the intellectually challenged.

It's a fact that Margaret Sanger was a racist and a eugenicist. You can't disprove that she wasn't in favor of eugenics, all you an do is justify it.

It's a fact that Margaret Sanger was a racist and a eugenicist. You can't disprove that she wasn't in favor of eugenics, all you an do is justify it.
    This was unintentionally ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of people were "eugenicists" at the time. It wasn't the ideology you're pretending it to be. It was just the idea that you could improve the human race over the long term by breeding healthy people to other healthy people, and the like. That's it. It would WORK, because it's the same principle behind selective breeding for domesticated animals and plants. The ISSUE with it is how to effectively implement it without infringing on people's rights, and that's why it's largely been discarded. In Sanger's day, that wasn't the case, and many people saw merit to the concept; the idea of using it for racist purposes was only ever a minority view.

As for the "racist", that's basically garbage that the right-wing has manufactured over the years to slander her, as an indirect attack on Planned Parenthood itself and abortion in general.

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...mericans-shou/
    http://www.snopes.com/margaret-sanger-weeds/
    http://www.politifact.com/georgia/st...d-planned-gen/

While the lie keeps cropping it, because people like you keep perpetuating it, that doesn't make it true.

I don't know why you republicans enjoy getting lied to repeatedly by okeefe as every single video has been found to be a highly edited lie of removing context which has been debunked by the conservative website The Blaze but you know what they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and shame on my ancestors for passing on a gullible gene.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know why you republicans enjoy getting lied to repeatedly by okeefe as every single video has been found to be a highly edited lie of removing context which has been debunked by the conservative website The Blaze but you know what they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and shame on my ancestors for passing on a gullible gene.
    The whole 'duck' issue is an easily observable strategy however, and it is well documented how the concept moved from control under the DNC to under the PAC involved in the videos. Even with claims of the videos being edited, the statements by Creamer seemed extremely clear. This is the type of recording that has been used to take down organized crime, do you think in a trial anyone would have believed John Gotti if he said that the recording of him ordering a hit was 'taken out of context'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I find it funny how one side says "oh it's not true!" but when the shoe is on the foot, "it's all true!"
    no clue what you're referring to

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The whole 'duck' issue is an easily observable strategy however, and it is well documented how the concept moved from control under the DNC to under the PAC involved in the videos. Even with claims of the videos being edited, the statements by Creamer seemed extremely clear. This is the type of recording that has been used to take down organized crime, do you think in a trial anyone would have believed John Gotti if he said that the recording of him ordering a hit was 'taken out of context'.
    They said the same thing about the PP videos, the ACORN videos and the NPR videos. Guess what? The only one that is closed is ACORN even though it wasn't because of the videos being true, it was partisan hacks like you that bought into the selectively edited videos that were released. But when the full unedited version was released, it cleared them of wrongdoing.

Who are "these people" that are gullible enough to believe anything O'Keefe puts out?
    The only thing that makes sense is they are like Sports fans "I don't care that my teams star athlete beat his wife or kids because he plays on MY TEAM!"
    Like they don't trust the MSM, but every video their team puts out on youtube that is highly edited and filmed by a guy who has no credibility HAS TO BE THE TROOOOOOTH!!!!
    A whole lot of people defending O'Keefe going to look stupid shortly after the election when these videos get fully discredited just like every single video he's ever released. Unless the chemtrails make the memory of these videos fade from their mind