Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Hubcap The claim that Sesame Credit is "more than a credit score" was thoroughly debunked in your previous posts.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e+china+points

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e+china+points

You started by posting an ACLU article that the author admitted is flawed and you keep recycling this line. To refresh your memory:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-futur...ning-americans
    I’m starting to hear questions raised (here and here) about the accuracy of the source on which I based this blog post. I did include a passing caution about my lack of direct knowledge of the source’s accuracy, but I wish I had been more explicit in offering that caution given the language and cultural barriers between the United States and China, and the scarcity of reporting on this system by professional journalists with direct knowledge of Chinese society.
    https://www.techinasia.com/china-cit...stem-orwellian
    Recently, you may have come across this ACLU piece – or any of the dozens of sites reblogging it – about China’s new citizen score system. Mandatory credit scores for everyone that take into account everything from your video game purchases (that’ll drop your score) to your friends’ political activities? Rewards like travel visas for those with good scores? It sounds like a nightmare.

Thankfully, it’s not quite as bad as all that. The ACLU seems to have been confused about a few things, but here’s the key one: Alibaba’s Sesame Credit scoring system, Tencent’s credit scoring system, and the mandatory government one (which isn’t mandatory until 2020) are not the same things. They are three different things that many articles in the Western press are treating as if they were the same.
    As far as the "everyone can see it" that you like to bring up, consider this (which you would have discovered if you actually read the various articles):

The people close to the central bank said the regulator has also told Sesame it disapproves of the way the firm advertised its service in another promotional campaign, which involved nearly 30 million students in more than 3,000 colleges and universities around the country, from September 9 to 24.

Students were challenged to take part in games that compared their credit scores with friends, classmates and people from other schools. Competitions were also held between universities, and winners were promised a total of 5 million yuan in cash rewards.

It is unclear whether the central bank has taken any action involving this promotion.

One of the sources said the regulator believes these operations are "against standards and norms." He did not say what those standards and norms are, but added that the central bank would soon release a regulation, the first of its kind in the country, on how individual credit information should be gathered and used.
    Source: http://english.caixin.com/2015-09-28/100859064.html

The actual text of the social credit plan has been available online for some time now. For those who actually want to see the information directly: https://chinacopyrightandmedia.wordp...tem-2014-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    Did you go to the communist meeting last Tuesday? Have you been caught posting anything critical about the government.
    Yawn. Needs more edge, I'd like a better shave this morning. You really should go read that article from Foreign Policy to catch up on things, it gives a more balanced analysis. Yeah, I'm incredibly worried about being scored by a government. (not) That's why I do things like teach Con Law from time to time and have given lessons at a school run by one of China's little known other parties. The US government has at least on file on me from work that I did for them, the Chinese government has kept one on me for years, and at one time the German government probably had one on me (both of them, East and West in those days).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What do you think a credit score is?
    Do not EVEN begin to compare this to a credit score.

This is literally full-stop LEGAL control of every aspect of your life based upon how carefully you follow the ruling party's wishes.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Do not EVEN begin to compare this to a credit score.

This is literally full-stop LEGAL control of every aspect of your life based upon how carefully you follow the ruling party's wishes.
    The only difference between this and a credit score is degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difference between this and a credit score is degree.
    So you don't actually understand what credit scores are, then?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    So you don't actually understand what credit scores are, then?
    A number that tracks basically every significant financial transaction you undergo and has serious effects on your ability to build and develop wealth if its not high enough.

China is just adding a social component to what we already have. Its a shitty system, but credit scoring isn't exactly good either.

Deleted
    Oh it's a Hubcap thread...n qouting washington propaganda post. I call bs until there's an unbiased source.

- - - Updated - - -

A number that tracks basically every significant financial transaction you undergo and has serious effects on your ability to build and develop wealth if its not high enough.

China is just adding a social component to what we already have. Its a shitty system, but credit scoring isn't exactly good either.
    ...cred score is your past have you been able to pay ur stuff or ended up paying late n gotten marks over it. Not what you currently haf in account, but more if haf steady income.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The SJW left will love this. You can now devalue those morally impure other-thinkers.
    As will Trump supporters. They make a great team.

Deleted
    Even though i'm just an inbred evil death-Nazi i would put my score up against any of you liberal saviors of the earth any day. Oh what's that? According to this i'm a model citizen, a paragon of virtue and morality, a pillar of the community, and you are a scum suck leech who spend most of your time liking the right posts on facebook instead of contributing to society. Whudda thunk it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Even though i'm just an inbred evil death-Nazi i would put my score up against any of you liberal saviors of the earth any day. Oh what's that? According to this i'm a model citizen, a paragon of virtue and morality, a pillar of the community, and you are a scum suck leech who spend most of your time liking the right posts on facebook instead of contributing to society. Whudda thunk it?
    I have my doubts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Step 1 of Big Brother.

I want to see how American races compare.

Step one of big brother in China? Jeeeeezzzz what have they been doing all these decades then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely interesting video done by extra credit a few months ago about this very topic:

https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    using the Internet to falsely accuse others resulted in a 100-point deduction.

This post alone would have probably set you back at zero points.
    I see i struck a nerve. Interesting.

Based on my understanding of the original chinese text.
    It is merely a national financial credit system which doesn't even exists in china now, their "credit" card system work differently from ours now.
    Last edited by IsaacHawke; 2016-10-25 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have my doubts
    That's because you are focused entirely on trying to appear good, not actually being good by way of right action. Many millennials share this unfortunate trait where they confuse their arm-chair egalitarianism for actual egalitarianism and social justice. Your not better than me nor are you morally superior, i am simply more honest with myself. Don't confuse this persona you have created with your actual self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    That's because you are focused entirely on trying to appear good, not actually being good by way of right action. Many millennials share this unfortunate trait where they confuse their arm-chair egalitarianism for actual egalitarianism and social justice. Your not better than me nor are you morally superior, i am simply more honest with myself. Don't confuse this persona you have created with your actual self.
    I doubt you are truly honest with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    GearScore has reached RL, haha. Goddam elitists everywhere....
    We all enjoyed being denied everything and not given a chance, right?