Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Completely disappointed but can't say I'm surprised, Doesn't matter to me though since I haven't given blizzard a since cent since they shut Nostalrius down and this just reaffirms my boycott of Activision-Blizzard.

If you open legacy servers Blizzard I will pay to play the game I love once again.
    Blizzard gives literally zero fucks about you. They don't care if you play or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Then WHY THE HELL is people salivating with posible remakes of Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft games? With that is not rose tinted? What the hell? Why is old WoW with all that hate from the today retail community? Why the hell the retail community don't understand that is not the same game, that the community is different and DON'T AFFECT retail?
    People aren't asking for remakes of those, but rather remasterings. I'd love a WC1 and 2 with modern graphics. But the same core game. That doesn't apply at all at the legacy-retail argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Tbh, this just shows how on the edge they really are. Had they made their minds up then we would've gotten a yes or no at Blizzcon. So there's obviously investors that's on their back about it as well.
    I personally would love classic realms but I don't care enough to join the riot if they didn't happen as long as they make current WoW better than it is now, and it looks like they are certainly trying their best.

Besides, we've got Kronos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can't shut that down because it is in Russia.
    Though it isn't nearly as good as Nostalrius was.

Then WHY THE HELL is people salivating with posible remakes of Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft games? With that is not rose tinted? What the hell? Why is old WoW with all that hate from the today retail community? Why the hell the retail community don't understand that is not the same game, that the community is different and DON'T AFFECT retail?
    Probably because they want shinier versions of the games that run properly in modern hardware. Starcraft and Diablo 2 don't even have a windowed mode, and Warcraft 3 has an incredibly short camera distance that strategy game players nowadays find completely inadequate, for example. World of Warcraft, on the other hand, has been constantly updated to run on newer machines and has already received its own "shiny" version with new models and engine upgrades.

As far as I know, no one is demanding Blizzard remakes Diablo 2 1.0 or Starcraft 1.0, even though both games have been patched extensively during their lifespan. That's got to mean something.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Im not saying that the development of Legacy servers would be free or anything, but after all Blizzard has wasted alot of money on projects which got cancelled and they make a new expansion every 2 years with the expectation that alot of people would buy it, with Legacy servers we already know that there would be people safely buying it.
    No, you don't. just because people say they would doesn't mean they will. you forget that petetion had people bragging that they were spamming signatures. not to mention the people that just signed it for the hell of it with no intentions of actually paying for it. then you have to think about how many people that played those servers were only on it because it was free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Probably because they want shinier versions of the games that run properly in modern hardware. Starcraft and Diablo 2 don't even have a windowed mode, and Warcraft 3 has an incredibly short camera distance that strategy game players nowadays find completely inadequate, for example. World of Warcraft, on the other hand, has been constantly updated to run on newer machines and has already received its own "shiny" version with new models and engine upgrades.

As far as I know, no one is demanding Blizzard remakes Diablo 2 1.0 or Starcraft 1.0, even though both games have been patched extensively during their lifespan. That's got to mean something.
    Diablo 2 is being worked on now.

You're confusing remakes with remastering. No one is asking them to remake those games, they are asking them to update their game settings and graphics much like WoW already received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are not going to remake any games, they are remastering D2 and WC3 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Yeah, they are not going to remake any games, they are remastering D2 and WC3 atm.
    Any evidence to back that up?

Diablo 2 is being worked on now.
    any proof of this?

- - - Updated - - -

also people saying that Nost is just gonna re-open, I imagine that would be a very bad idea on their part, Blizzard can probably still take them to court over the server(from being hosted the first time) even if they moved it "to somewhere safe"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    any proof of this?
    They were hiring for those positions a year ago up until now, I think you can even go check the job listings to see some of the positions

http://wccftech.com/blizzard-hd-rema...iii-diablo-ii/

Cannot link to the position itself as it has obviously been deleted once they hired someone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Im not saying that the development of Legacy servers would be free or anything, but after all Blizzard has wasted alot of money on projects which got cancelled and they make a new expansion every 2 years with the expectation that alot of people would buy it, with Legacy servers we already know that there would be people safely buying it.
    I think the code word here is "people". We don't know how many people would go out of their way to actually buy and pay sub for Legacy servers. The petition does not show that amount and neither does the number players who played the free nostalrius. Blizzard know that 5mill+ players will buy a new expansion and it only take 3 months sub to give income of an expansion once again, so everytime blizz makes a new big content patch, they kind of secures the amount of money, which a new expansion would give.

Making Legacy servers is a gamble for Blizzard. Who knows, maybe players got more well fed with Vanilla with their Nostalrius experience then they think. If Legacy servers can not survive 2 years and stay healthy income wise, then it would normally not be a thing which a company works towards.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

They were hiring for those positions a year ago up until now, I think you can even go check the job listings to see some of the positions

Cannot link to the position itself as it has obviously been deleted once they hired someone.
    That position was for an unannounced diablo project. That could be anything.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/1/1208...-game-director

Also they were wanting to update wc3 and older games to possibly run on the modern battle.net architecture. Files were datamined in the app for wc3.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-25 at 11:32 AM.

As far as I know, it's never been confirmed that's what they were doing. It was some sort of Diablo project but most people have speculated it's either diablo 4 or another expansion to 3. they did do a minor update to diablo 2 and warcraft 3 a while ago, but it was just basically just making it compatible with new operating systems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think the code word here is "people". We don't know how many people would go out of their way to actually buy and pay sub for Legacy servers. The petition does not show that amount and neither does the number players who played the free nostalrius. Blizzard know that 5mill+ players will buy a new expansion and it only take 3 months sub to give income of an expansion once again, so everytime blizz makes a new big content patch, they kind of secures the amount of money, which a new expansion would give.

Making Legacy servers is a gamble for Blizzard. Who knows, maybe players got more well fed with Vanilla with their Nostalrius experience then they think. If Legacy servers can not survive 2 years and stay healthy income wise, then it would normally not be a thing which a company works towards.

I think that Blizzard themselves do not want to create legacy realms but the investors want them to, obviously for money purposes.

Deleted
    Besides, we've got Kronos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can't shut that down because it is in Russia.
    Though it isn't nearly as good as Nostalrius was.
    And nost wasn't shut down because it was in France, basically it dosn't even matter where you locate your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    As far as I know, it's never been confirmed that's what they were doing. It was some sort of Diablo project but most people have speculated it's either diablo 4 or another expansion to 3. they did do a minor update to diablo 2 and warcraft 3 a while ago, but it was just basically just making it compatible with new operating systems
    Actually, a blue post did confirm that they want to keep the legacy games up to date with newer machines.
    It was said so on the Diablo forums. And the diablo 20th anniversary is coming up at Blizzcon so I am pretty sure they are gonna show off D4 and a remastered D2.

Good, Literally don't see the point in Legacy Servers, Yes they are okay in small parts but everyone would eventually get bored of vanilla and go back to what xpac we're on or want TBC introduced and then people will get bored and want WOLTK and so on

Actually, a blue post did confirm that they want to keep the legacy games up to date with newer machines.
    It was said so on the Diablo forums. And the diablo 20th anniversary is coming up at Blizzcon so I am pretty sure they are gonna show off D4 and a remastered D2.
    "Pretty sure" So basically your actual evidence is speculation. An unannounced Diablo project can mean a bundle of things. Diablo 3 xpac, Diablo 4, Diablo 2 HD, Diablo card game and hell even a Diablo MMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    What Nostalrius planned on doing once that happened was releasing a separate TBC server that would progress through the TBC content while the vanilla one continued running and allowing max level characters to transfer over to the new server so that once they we're done with vanilla content they could continue progression on TBC, likewise this could very well have worked into WOTLK and beyond if people wanted too.
    ... Do you have any idea how much it would cost for blizzard to make customer service for several different versions of WoW? I get that they could proberly do it wtih Vanilla, but having different groups for Vanilla, TBC, Wrath etc. would simply take a huge amount of money.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.