Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with OP.

I see the majority of people against what he is saying, is saying that players need some sort of progression to their character to want to keep playing.
    The progression is available, they just have to do it. Which is what they don't want, the majority of casuals i have encountered, just want to get the best loot possible for the minimum effort.

And i do understand Blizz has to cater to these players because they are keeping the game running, that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Every player has access to the same thing within the game, some are just willing to go and get it, while others just want it handed to them.

They don't. There isn't another answer. The only other answers all lead back to them WANTING more gear. There is no answer which satisfies NEEDING it. They just don't.

I actually think world quest rewards scaling with your gear ( which I think it does) is a pretty good idea.
    It doesn't matter what you do in game, if you invest time into the game it should award you with better gear ( than you already have). Some activities with a slower pace, some with a faster pace.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-10-25 at 12:19 PM.

Why are people who play less than 20 hours a day even allowed to subscribe to this game.

Deleted
    well sorry but i think he is kinda right. you dont want to do mythic dungeons, but you want a stronger character from cracking nuts and chasing squirrels? why would you need that gear if you dont "use" it anyway? character progression is not limited to strength and itemlvl - there a lot of other things you can do to progress your character.

ALSO you can still get gear from world bosses, crafted gear until 850 soon 855 (which is sometimes even better than 880 raid gear!!) - tehre are a lot of possibilities.

my goal is to do good dps and get in high lvl dungeons, thus i need gear and its normal for me that that gear comes from challanging activities in the game.

it was always like this and it should always be like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It only devalues the reward if your ego is based around it.

Normal people give no fucks.

then please explain to me why "casuals" need 880 gear if they will never need it? (since they won't get anyhwere near game content where an ilvl of 875-880+ is required)

Casuals need 880 gear to feel euqal? you know what happened last time hen the casuals were asking for being euqal? LFcknR happened.
    LFR took the rather casual out of the raiding pool and took them on a fast tourist tour through the raids. -> seen endboss [x]... what's next? oh ye let's do some petbattles.. meh did 2... bored again...

This game does not need an easy route it needs progression. Progression pushes players to their own limits and makes them want to play more. (that's waht blizzard wants) If they spoon feed everything to the casuals then they will just get bored. TBC was when the game was the most fun for me. It was recommended to clear older content to match the new requirements.

When BT got released then people were still running karazhan to get some gear since they just started getting into raiding. This might be grindy but at the same time rewarding. This might be an unpopular opinion but SPOON FEEDING killed WoW's subcount. As much as the casuals hate being "the casuals" they still want to be special and just as "good" as the mythic-raider/gladiator. (good = having the same stuff)

Casuals got so much stuff allready which are managable within less than 10hours in a week.

Mythics, WQs, LFR, OrderHall quests, no-specific pvp gear, war-/titanforged gear, rng legendares.

If you give them acces to 870-880 gear by not even participating in any kind of raiding enviroment(group progression) and give some nice handouts to everyone then this is exactly why the casuals won't reew their sub. BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING FINISHED WITH THE GAME WITHOUT EVEN LAYING A HAND ON 60-70% OF THE REAL END-GAME- CONTENT. (raids, mythic+, rated pvp)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do hardcore players need gear if they want a challenge? See? Stupid question is stupid.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Everyone needs better gear to:

- do world quests faster
    - be able solo old content (raids) and do it faster
    - kill stuff for crafting mats faster
    - etc.

Imho those who claim other than raiders doesn't need gear are ignorants and cancer in the wow community.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-10-25 at 12:25 PM.

Dear OP: Link your mythic Xavius achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Everyone needs better gear to:

- do world quests faster
    - be able solo old content (raids) and do it faster
    - kill stuff for crafting mats faster
    - etc.
    Yes, and I said it already as well, but these threads always go only one way - with a hundred posts screaming "entitlement bla bla bla" and ignoring the message that raiding gear is the absolute best gear for many things other than raids, and that's the only reason we are having "debates" on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Why do hardcore players need gear if they want a challenge? See? Stupid question is stupid.
    There's a difference between challenging content and impossible content. You can't do certain content if you don't meet the bare requirements to survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    WoW is a (and has been) a do content A > get gear A > do harder content B> get better gear B type of game
    If you want to do easy content A and get better gear B and C, you're reaching levels of entitlement.

It's cool if you do not want to do harder content, you know. The issue is expecting the rewards from harder content while deliberately not participating in it. You don't need gear if you don't intend to do challenge yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, and I said it already as well, but these threads always go only one way - with a hundred posts screaming "entitlement bla bla bla" and ignoring the message that raiding gear is the absolute best gear for many things other than raids, and that's the only reason we are having "debates" on this topic.
    Then go do the things that reward better gear.
    Or you can use the 8pc order hall gear. It's a full set, pretty good bonuses for questing and doing irrelevant shit, you should check it out.

I actually have no issue with content that requires more effort/dedication awarding better stuff. It's more the tone of if you don't do these things you don't deserve anything that irks me which crops up at times (usually accompanied by a LFR rant)

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Then go do the things that reward better gear.
    Or you can use the 8pc order hall gear. It's a full set, pretty good bonuses for questing and doing irrelevant shit, you should check it out.
    Please drop that patronizing tone, it's your raids that are irrelevant shit to me and to many others. If your stupid raids didn't drop the best gear in the game, the majority wouldn't touch them with a ten-feet pole. And the only reason the raids do drop the best gear in the game is that a couple of WoW devs are into them, so they are pushing them even though they really are irrelevant shit, to borrow your words again.

I'd kinda like there to be a steady in the item level dropped by WQ so that's a catch up method rather than a new zone that drops free loot.

Please drop that patronizing tone, it's your raids that are irrelevant shit to me and to many others. If your stupid raids didn't drop the best gear in the game, the majority wouldn't touch them with a ten-feet pole. And the only reason the raids do drop the best gear in the game is that a couple of WoW devs are into them, so they are pushing them even though they really are irrelevant shit, to borrow your words again.
    It's shocking that you don't understand that the hardest content will always drop the best gear. Shocking.
    An MMO that rewards people who participate in organized group content more than solo play?

8pc order hall gear is/was intended for solo players. 840, upgradeable, you can get it 100% solo, has an 8pc set bonus, basically what you people have been clamoring for for ages.......
    yet noone wants to use it bc they are greedy and always want what other people got lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I'd kinda like there to be a steady in the item level dropped by WQ so that's a catch up method rather than a new zone that drops free loot.
    After nighthold, ya, prolly.

Deleted
    Has it occurred to you that maybe they drop the best gear because it's the hardest content? Tough concept to grasp I know, especially for someone with 10k posts in mmo-champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Ok correction. They pay and the same right to loot as you do. Better?
    Well, not the same loot. Cuz that would be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    Has it occurred to you that maybe they drop the best gear because it's the hardest content? Tough concept to grasp I know, especially for someone with 10k posts in mmo-champion.
    It's irrelevant. If they made raiding gear the best in raids and nowhere else (ie, via a stat named "Raiding Power" similar to "PVP Power" which only worked in BGs/arenas), nobody would have complained. But they are making raiding gear the best everywhere, so they get complaints from people who aren't interested in raids but interested in those other parts.

Maybe you should have read what it is I am saying before commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    8pc order hall gear is/was intended for solo players. 840, upgradeable, you can get it 100% solo,
    False. Some are locked behind defeating X amount of dungeon end bosses.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest. Don't put in the effort, you don't deserve that higher ilevel. Simple is as simple does.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.