Poll: should i

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If we're to follow this logic into plant foods, and how many mice die to get that for you, how can you eat anything in the end?
    Often confusion with veganism from non vegans is that veganism is about perfection, it's not. I'm getting an extension to the house built, some animals lost their home that were living in the garden space.

It's sad but it's not like we're not allowed to live or eat anything. Veganism is about reducing animal suffering by as best as you can and is practicable. There are plenty of other oils aside from palm oil you can use, palm oil isn't really necessary and de destruction of rain forest, death of animals and green house gasses emitted isn't really worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    lol should you also chop your balls off?
    lol theramore's a chick.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    What made you give up? We're you Vegan due to ethical reasons or health? And was it solely diet/plant based, or actual veganism? Like no leather, wool, etc. I'm not attacking you, just asking out of curiosity!
    It was mostly diet based. The thing is...I fundamentally disagree with the way we treat most "farm animals" (and with this entire distinction in itself, mind you). Also the thought of eating meat and/or eggs still grosses me out. I could not bring myself to do that.
    That said, I don't necessarily feel the same repulsion towards seafood. I actually like it a lot. And when I started (partially) living in a place where locally and freshly caught seafood is readily available, it kinda also brought me back to eating it.

This is important especially considering that I was suffering from Anorexia for many years until not too long ago, and not eating something that I actually would want to eat doesn't help there.

I know that this probably makes me worse than Hitler in the eyes of most Vegans. But eh.

Not really fan of dark chocolates usually The taste is just wayyy too sweet/strong for me. Any of the latter you can recommend? ^^
    Vantastic Foods makes some very good vegan chocolate. Not sure about the availability in other countries, though. :/

Pizza without pepperoni is a very sad pizza!
    I don't like them. Especially not on pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Indeed! Pepperoni is life
    spinach and mushroom for life. with habaneros.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Seems you are way too focused on the details and don't understand the general meaning of the sentence, like you can only understand the literal meaning of words.

Maybe you were vaccinated and that affected your ability to follow complex structures.

Anyway, I'll correct the typo, thanks for the head up.
    So you're blaming me for a typo you made, which I honestly don't believe. If you look at Bill Murray you will assume he's nearly 80 years old. He lived a rich and nitroglycerin life. It has clearly affected him.

Also, please tell me you don't believe vaccinations cause bad juju.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    It's sad but it's not like we're not allowed to live or eat anything. Veganism is about reducing animal suffering by as best as you can and is practicable. There are plenty of other oils aside from palm oil you can use, palm oil isn't really necessary and de destruction of rain forest, death of animals and green house gasses emitted isn't really worth it.
    Some people go vegan cause of health benefits, and some do it for the animals. But no matter what you do, animals will suffer. You eat food, they eat food. You need space, they need space. No matter what humans do, there's going to be an impact against animals. The only solution is to move to Mars, and even then we'll bring animals to live there, and the problem starts again where we grow Mars palm oil and in doing so will cause suffering to the Mars forest rabbit.

But no matter what, going vegan does a lot of things good like reducing animal suffering while giving you better health. Eventually we'll grow meat, and completely cut off animal slaughter, while also making the meat healthier. We treat meat with ammonia to make it safe from diseases but also turns it into a pale grey color. Not only are the animals treated like shit, but the product you get is terrible for your health. Again, meat isn't inherently bad, but what we do to the meat afterwards is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Vantastic Foods makes some very good vegan chocolate. Not sure about the availability in other countries, though. :/

I don't like them. Especially not on pizza.
    Haven't seen such here :/

What about tuna? Last chance at redemption!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    What about tuna? Last chance at redemption!
    In general, kinda. On pizza? Not really. :/

My optimal pizza has pineapple, banana, artichokes and shrimps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So you're blaming me for a typo you made, which I honestly don't believe.
    I don't blame you, and yet I don't seek your approval either.

I am just sad you lost yourself in minute details, but nothing can be done about that so I wouldn't worry too much.

Live an happy life my friend.

Not going to argue about peoples taste, but those two make me depressed imagining them on a pizza D:

The other two I like ^^

10+ Year Old Account

you are sick you know that? how dare you murder a pizza!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of misconceptions about the health of a vegan diet in this thread.

There are well documented and widespread vitamin deficiencies within the vegan community; one outcome of this is the occurrence of mental disorders in developing children (as in, in the womb). A vegan diet is not complete, and it is not optimal.

There are some studies that claim veganism to be the healthiest diet, since vegans have lower rates of several diseases (though higher rates of others). These studies compare vegans to the general population, which practically eats shit. They also tend not to account for rates of other destructive behaviors, such as smoking and risk-taking, as vegans tend to respect their bodies more than the general population does. These studies are often touted as evidence that veganism is a superior diet. Unfortunately, we don't have head-to-head studies looking at health outcomes across a variety of diets (such as Mediterranean and paleo) in a controlled manner.

Still, we can say with certainty that veganism is a solid method by which one is able to develop nutrient deficiencies, some of which can affect unborn children. These risks are ultimately avoidable through supplementation; however, a diet which requires supplementation is again, not an optimal diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    A vegan diet is not complete, and it is not optimal.
    That poor lion...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the moral aspect of veganism; within this ideology lie deep hypocrisies. Clearly it isn't life that vegans value, since they themselves kill millions, if not billions or even trillions of microorganisms every day. Insects are another casualty; and the tilling of crops reaps a significant death toll of field-dwelling mammals. So what, exactly, is the source of moral outcry? Perhaps the rules of morality only apply to large farm animals. Maybe moral cost is correlated with intelligence. In either case, an argument must be made to distinguish these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you are sick you know that? how dare you murder a pizza!
    I'd rather take her version of pizza than any pizza on the planet where people shove olives, clam or blue cheese. That's gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    As for the moral aspect of veganism; within this ideology lie deep hypocrisies. Clearly it isn't life that vegans value, since they themselves kill millions, if not billions or even trillions of microorganisms every day. Insects are another casualty; and the tilling of crops reaps a significant death toll of field-dwelling mammals. So what, exactly, is the source of moral outcry? Perhaps the rules of morality only apply to large farm animals. Maybe moral cost is correlated with intelligence. In either case, an argument must be made to distinguish these questions.
    That is something that bugs me (pun), I'm all for entomophagy, but the hard core vegans are against it, despite insects being killed to produce kale.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe good enough to pass as chocolate flavor, but not as good as real choclolate. Hershey tried replacing the milk in their chocolate with vegetable oil a couple years ago to lower the cost and had a huge backlash. You simply cannot make good chocolate without milk

http://www.today.com/food/chocoholic...ula-2D80555560

Oh, milk chocolate. Wherefore art thou?

Apparently not in some Hershey’s products that contained milk chocolate for years, and that has passionate chocolate aficionados fighting mad.

Products such as Whatchamacallit, Milk Duds, Mr. Goodbar and Krackel no longer have milk chocolate coatings, and Hershey’s Kissables are now labeled “chocolate candy” instead of “milk chocolate.”

What’s going on here? On Friday, TODAY consumer correspondent Janice Lieberman reported that Hershey’s has switched to less expensive ingredients in several of its products. In particular, cocoa butter — the ingredient famous for giving chocolate its creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture — has been replaced with vegetable oil.

The removal of cocoa butter violates the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s definition of milk chocolate, so subtle changes have appeared on the labels of the Hershey’s products with altered recipes. Products once labeled “milk chocolate” now say “chocolate candy,” “made with chocolate” or “chocolatey.”
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So you're blaming me for a typo you made, which I honestly don't believe. If you look at Bill Murray you will assume he's nearly 80 years old. He lived a rich and nitroglycerin life. It has clearly affected him.

Also, please tell me you don't believe vaccinations cause bad juju.

Some people go vegan cause of health benefits, and some do it for the animals. But no matter what you do, animals will suffer. You eat food, they eat food. You need space, they need space. No matter what humans do, there's going to be an impact against animals. The only solution is to move to Mars, and even then we'll bring animals to live there, and the problem starts again where we grow Mars palm oil and in doing so will cause suffering to the Mars forest rabbit.

But no matter what, going vegan does a lot of things good like reducing animal suffering while giving you better health. Eventually we'll grow meat, and completely cut off animal slaughter, while also making the meat healthier. We treat meat with ammonia to make it safe from diseases but also turns it into a pale grey color. Not only are the animals treated like shit, but the product you get is terrible for your health. Again, meat isn't inherently bad, but what we do to the meat afterwards is bad.

Not mine. I dont buy crappy walmart or supermarket ground beef, and neither should anyone else. I buy organic grass fed hand butchered, hand ground beef from http://www.alderspring.com/ and it is amazing

Yes. Healthier for you, and better for the environment. That having been said vegan still have a great many pitfalls, I recommend looking into what has been coined the "whole foods, plant-based diet" if you are really interested in personal health.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Deleted
    Not going to argue about peoples taste, but those two make me depressed imagining them on a pizza D:
    The other two I like ^^
    I got to like it. Artichokes always were one of my favourite pizza toppings (I mean, artichokes are amazing in any case), and banana is better than you would expect.

Alternatively, I could also offer you this one: http://i.imgur.com/o4YGbaJ.jpg ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe good enough to pass as chocolate flavor, but not as good as real choclolate. Hershey tried replacing the milk in their chocolate with vegetable oil a couple years ago to lower the cost and had a huge backlash. You simply cannot make good chocolate without milk
    Personally, I don't really like Milk chocolate anyway. Dark chocolate for rich chocolate flavour, or White because it's simply good.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-10-25 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Fun fact: your post proves that you care.
    Telling your neighbor to turn down their music doesn't mean you hate the genre, it means it's too loud.

I got to like it. Artichokes always were one of my favourite pizza toppings (I mean, artichokes are amazing in any case), and banana is better than you would expect.

Alternatively, I could also offer you this one: http://i.imgur.com/o4YGbaJ.jpg ;3
    While I wouldn't put fries on my pizza, that I could try ^^ It's not like I dislike any of the ingredients I see on it