Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    crafting was useless for me anyway. Dunno why I kept going with Tailoring

Quote Originally Posted by Georger View Post
    crafting was useless for me anyway. Dunno why I kept going with Tailoring
    Yeah, Enchanting/Alchemy (with an Herbalism alt) ftw.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    At release, it was the same ilvl as EN normal. When ToV comes out, it's the same ilvl as ToV normal. When NH comes out, I wager it'll be the same as NH normal(875).
    it will be 855. end of story.

Read the thread before you post your wild imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    it will be 855. end of story.

Read the thread before you post your wild imaginations.
    How do you know they won't increase it when Nighthold gets released? Or perhaps you didn't read his post?

when 7.3 will release it will be 20/20 , seriously just add better baseline items for crafting so u wont get stuck with shitty 2k gold items to sell.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Hope they remove the blood requirement soon. Would be nice to be able to gear up alts with them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    How do you know they won't increase it when Nighthold gets released? Or perhaps you didn't read his post?
    Because they will NOT do a new patch when Nighthold is released. Also, EN and ToV are entry raids. They MIGHT give a bigger boost to crafted items on the raid patch after Nighthold, but they don't want people to forsake EN and ToV when Nighthold releases.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-10-23 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    Hope they remove the blood requirement soon. Would be nice to be able to gear up alts with them.
    I don't even mind the blood requirement, I just wish they were bind on account or something instead. I have a gather toon and another several with double crafting and the system just seems like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Crafting cost to high combined with a reward structure that's to low. In an attempt to make professions matter they knee jerked so hard away from the WoD style that it boomeranged into materials being so expensive but at the sometime made the rewards matter next to none. Hell I don't care much about professions anymore because of it. I can chant and from time to time I just buy an expensive ass gem if the dice roll that way. No need to worry beyond that.
    Honestly that outcome was 100% predictable when they moved away from the WoD model.

I think the community needs to sit down and realise that it's not possible for crafted items to be both good and readily obtainable. It's one or the other. If the gear is good, it has to be gated by SOMETHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Honestly that outcome was 100% predictable when they moved away from the WoD model.

I think the community needs to sit down and realise that it's not possible for crafted items to be both good and readily obtainable. It's one or the other. If the gear is good, it has to be gated by SOMETHING.
    Of course it was 100% perdictable. That 100% wasn't the point. It was more that I just don't care to much about professions anymore. Minus herbing that made me like a million gold. But I just did that at the end of WoD (because it was pretty predictiable like we agree) and into Legion.

I recall seeing in the Q&A regarding proffession that they would be including "end game" mats from raids etc into Proffessions as the Expac progressed, prehaps you will find the Oblierum combined with these at a later stage to get higher ilvl /10 /12 etc... make them account bound and ur proffession gearing alts to current tier becomes feasiable

Because they will NOT do a new patch when Nighthold is released. Also, EN and ToV are entry raids. They MIGHT give a bigger boost to crafted items on the raid patch after Nighthold, but they don't want people to forsake EN and ToV when Nighthold releases.
    Are you a WoW developer? If not, your post is just as much "wild imaginations" as any other. If they're bumping crafted gear for ToV's release, what makes you think they won't continue to do so with every raid release? It may shift to a different material from obliterum, but I seriously doubt they just leave crafted gear in the dust when they've already created this obliterum system to allow upgrading it to raid quality gear.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Current crafting system is fine, the only thing they really need to inject into the system is BoE recipes that drop in high level content that require harder to get materials. You really can't have BIS crafting gear easily available and relevant throughout the entire expansion. The system this time differs as you can be fully slotted in 850 (soon 855, and I imagine 865-870 when NH drops). It would be too broken if you could just keep upgrading it all the way to the top with no limit.

I think a mix of what we have now and how Sunwell operated would probably be best. Rare BoE recipes that make BoP items which also require the profession that it's made from. For example the leather chest in Sunwell was BiS for rogues in that era of the game and it was only one item.

Honestly I like the crafting system right now, but it probably would be nice if you could obtain one, or maybe two really great items from crafting alone that actually makes you care about having a major profession. Right now with costs the way they are, I see no reason not to be alchemy at the moment.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you a WoW developer? If not, your post is just as much "wild imaginations" as any other. If they're bumping crafted gear for ToV's release, what makes you think they won't continue to do so with every raid release? It may shift to a different material from obliterum, but I seriously doubt they just leave crafted gear in the dust when they've already created this obliterum system to allow upgrading it to raid quality gear.
    I'm not imagining anything. Nighthold is already in game, but inaccessible. Doesn't need a patch. Also, read. My speculation is that next obliterum (or valor or whatver) upgrades are gonna happen with the next raid AFTER Nighthold, but not when Nighthold releases. Why? not only would that devalue the other 2 raids, but also mythic plus content.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-10-25 at 01:28 PM.

I'm not imagining anything. Nighthold is already in game, but inaccessible. Doesn't need a patch. Also, read. My speculation is that next obliterum (or valor or whatver) upgrades are gonna happen with the next raid AFTER Nighthold, but not when Nighthold releases. Why? not only would that devalue the other 2 raids, but also mythic plus content.
    They can release patches any time. If they wanted to bump crafted gear when NH released, it's not like having to make a patch is some insurmountable obstacle. Raids also get devalued continually. NH itself releasing completely devalues the other 2 raids. Hell, Kara does too. Outside of a few pug groups for fresh 110s and a handful of raids fishing for niche BiS trinkets, no one will be in EN. Unless they bump Mythic+ ilvls, which they've already said they don't intend to do, it's already going to be dead content with NH's release. I don't know why EN, ToV, and M+ becoming junk is somehow shocking to you when it's been the story of every raid release going back to WotLK.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2016-10-25 at 02:52 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Obliterum has dropped to roughly 2k on my realm and it will likely drop a lot more since crafted ilvl will only go up to ilvl 855. I honestly thought that it would go up to, at least, 860, possibly 875. Then again, I was also expecting a ring upgrade for the new Dalaran rings as well much like they had for them back in WotLK.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    They can release patches any time. If they wanted to bump crafted gear when NH released, it's not like having to make a patch is some insurmountable obstacle. Raids also get devalued continually. NH itself releasing completely devalues the other 2 raids. Hell, Kara does too. Outside of a few pug groups for fresh 110s and a handful of raids fishing for niche BiS trinkets, no one will be in EN. Unless they bump Mythic+ ilvls, which they've already said they don't intend to do, it's already going to be dead content with NH's release. I don't know why EN, ToV, and M+ becoming junk is somehow shocking to you when it's been the story of every raid release going back to WotLK.
    It's not shocking. It just won't happen with Nighthold release, because it is the SAME TIER. Unless they play the same shit like they did with BRF in WoD, this is what is (at the moment) valid and announced.

7+ Year Old Account
    to upgrade a item only needs now 16 blood, as they can go to 855, and not everyone is able to easily get a 855 in every single slot, im 868, and i still have a 845 pants, 845 ring, and 850 belt, only recently replacing my 840 helm.

so no it has a use, but its not super duper OP
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Obliterum has dropped to roughly 2k on my realm and it will likely drop a lot more since crafted ilvl will only go up to ilvl 855. I honestly thought that it would go up to, at least, 860, possibly 875. Then again, I was also expecting a ring upgrade for the new Dalaran rings as well much like they had for them back in WotLK.
    Too soon. Probably with next raid tier... WHICH IS NOT NIGHTHOLD (just in case someone still hasn't got it).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine with night hold you're going to see crafted items go to 865.