10+ Year Old Account

Post (SPOILERS) The Nighthold 7.1 In Game Cinematic

What do you guys think the cinematic means? illidan is back but what do you think they both saw? and what guldan saw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSp...ature=youtu.be

I think this revealed Sargeras has a real life presence in the lost isles and this will transition us to the tomb of sargeras. I think we'll wind up having to defeat Illidan again and maybe killing him while he does some kind of damage to Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what he saw but....all I can say about the cinematic is OHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHH....ok now back to speculating, I think that he saw what we couldn't reach....The power that Sargeras himself has......just my crap theory don't shit on me please.

f u c k i n g hype !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am confused how illidan was able to come back to life. I thought he was stuck in the nether or w.e? and what was that blast that brought him back to life?!

no angel Illidan!!! screw you Xe'ra!!!!!

i didn't wanted to spoil myself..

i saw the video...

i dont give a fuck about spoiling myself..

I AM FREAKING TREMBLING FROM EXCITMENT! Something no cinematic so far in game has given me the chills except the wrathgate! MOFO HYPE!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I think this revealed Sargeras has a real life presence in the lost isles and this will transition us to the tomb of sargeras. I think we'll wind up having to defeat Illidan again and maybe killing him while he does some kind of damage to Sargeras.
    We are not killing Illidan again..... and Sargeras is not here on Azeroth only his avatar is.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2016-10-26 at 04:43 AM. Reason: shit was missing

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like he may have seen the Void Lord/Gods and its like
    the legion is not really that big of a deal
    The Void Lord/Gods is whats gonna f us up so we need to clean house real quick and get ready for the real storm to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    I feel like he may have seen the Void Lord/Gods and its like
    the legion is not really that big of a deal
    The Void Lord/Gods is whats gonna f us up so we need to clean house real quick and get ready for the real storm to come.
    I could see him seeing that...like "here you go Guldan, this is what your up against...good luck with siding with the legion"

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am confused how illidan was able to come back to life. I thought he was stuck in the nether or w.e? and what was that blast that brought him back to life?!
    In 7.1
    the Illidan storyline continues, and will explain how Illidan's soul is recovered, and how his body figures into Gul'dan's plans. It'll all come together when the Nighthold raid drops.

So the Legion before Vanilla or TBC? Illidan had the skull before we killed him in TB

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little disappointing that it looks like yet another raid boss that we don't get to deliver the final blow to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    So the Legion before Vanilla or TBC? Illidan had the skull before we killed him in TB
    well this gul'dan is from dreanor (wod time travel xpack) that other skull illidan had before was from guldan from our time line (non wod timeline)

What it means is WoW story writing is still trash. Illidan back again, put me to bed. Illidan also gets the kill on Gul'dan, not even surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    In 7.1
    the Illidan storyline continues, and will explain how Illidan's soul is recovered, and how his body figures into Gul'dan's plans. It'll all come together when the Nighthold raid drops.
    that questline should have put Illidan in a body of Xe'ra. apparently something got wrong so he still has his own body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that questline should have put Illidan in a body of Xe'ra. apparently something got wrong so he still has his own body.
    I would rather him be the way he is. would not want it to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait since blizzcon came out and said we are going to argus, could that have been what guldan saw in the video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait since blizzcon came out and said we are going to argus, could that have been what guldan saw in the video?
    As far as I can tell without actually doing the encounter, Gul'dan was attempting to infuse Sargeras' essence into Illidan's body to turn it into a new Avatar of Sargeras. Gul'dan was also tapping Sargeras' for power the entire fight. So the fiery red portal was likely leading to Sargeras himself - that's why Gul'dan was upset when it collapsed, because it represents his utter failure.

Of course, it's possible that Sargeras happens to be hanging out at Argus, but the lore suggests to me that he's actually moving towards Azeroth under his own power, while having his demons try to whip up a portal that can bring him there faster.