Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Does steam give you this?
    I read on either PCGamer or Rock, Paper, Shotgun that if you have Skyrim and the 3 DLC (Dawnguard, Hearthfire(?) and Dragonborne) the Special Edition will show up in your games list.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: here - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...dition-unlock/

Deleted
    Aren't there both mods that give you all Steam achievements, as well as mods that enable the acquiring of achievements even if you've got mods enabled, for the most recent Bethesda games? There at least have been.

Just had an email saying my order will be dispatched today. They normally do next day delivery so it looks like I might be getting it early

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Aren't there both mods that give you all Steam achievements, as well as mods that enable the acquiring of achievements even if you've got mods enabled, for the most recent Bethesda games? There at least have been.
    I still get achievements in Skyrim with mods installed. Dunno how it works in Fallout 4 though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I still get achievements in Skyrim with mods installed. Dunno how it works in Fallout 4 though.
    In remastered you won't be able to.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually looking forward to this.

Been wanting to play again, my girl destroyed my PS3=( so i had to wait for this.

Wanting to make an attempt for a 'Ret Paladin' in game but knowing me i'll just make an assassin/thief like i always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    In remastered you won't be able to.
    Another reason for me not to play that then.

Another reason for me not to play that then.
    Or you could care not for achievements...

I don't particularly care for achievements. I don't know why it matters TBH. But whatever, they'll be mods that will re enable them (while playing with mods) if FO4 is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

I don't particularly care for achievements. I don't know why it matters TBH. But whatever, they'll be mods that will re enable them (while playing with mods) if FO4 is any indication.
    I'm on PC. I've got plenty of graphics mods to equal or exceed the quality of the Special Edition. Might as well stay for the achievements as well.

shame that sony really fucked modding on ps4

Modders will be unable to use any external assets on PlayStation 4 so players will not see mods such as one that turns Alduin into Thomas the Tank Engine. Microsoft, however, is very mod friendly and is allowing modders to use external assets on Xbox One. In addition, mods on PlayStation 4 will be limited to 1GB of space as opposed to 5GB on Xbox One.

http://www.icxm.net/x/skyrim-special...re-launch.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really looking forward to what modders will be able to do on the enhanced skyrim. Also many of the big modders now were jst getting their bearings back in 2011 and have had 5 years of practice. I cant wait for the modding scene to get on my xbone!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am really looking forward to what modders will be able to do on the enhanced skyrim. Also many of the big modders now were jst getting their bearings back in 2011 and have had 5 years of practice. I cant wait for the modding scene to get on my xbone!
    Only for the mod scene to get screwed up thanks to mod thieves!

I kid of course, here's hoping that won't happen this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for the mod scene to get screwed up thanks to mod thieves!

I kid of course, here's hoping that won't happen this time.
    Yeah, lots of the bigger modders were pissed

While I am not a PC gamer, I like watching mod reviews. MXR is my fav youtuber for this. Its just so amazing to see all that talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on PC. I've got plenty of graphics mods to equal or exceed the quality of the Special Edition. Might as well stay for the achievements as well.
    Tbh I could understand achievements being disabled for stuff that kinda in the line of cheat codes but outside of that it shouldn't be disabled BUT there are so many mods, it'd be hard to code that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account

As long as you're a PC user, yes. But you also have to be using SKSE to launch the remastered version, just as you had to launch FO4 with the Fallout Script Extender if you wished to play with mods and achievements running.

Oddly enough console commanding doesn't disable achievements or flag your save as modded which is hilarious.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Got hundreds of hours into skyrim. Couldn't stand witcher 3 for 30 minutes.

Opinions be opinions.
    And thirty minutes is being gracious considering movement in the Witcher felt like driving a boat.

Been wanting to revisit Skyrim for a long time but it, along with my Ps3 happens to be on the other side of the country. 100% prepared to sink another hundred hours into this game.
    No, real men set standards and are territorial. Real men don't accept others that stray from the norm. Real men bully those that appear to be weak and inferior. Real men crave structure, hierarchies and rules. Your definition is just a way to neuter the male gender and only losers are deceived by it
    What I learned in a Nintendo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'll wait until they start converting mods to the new version =P
    I can't live in a Waifuless skyrim!
    I am interested in this too.
    Though I will try the SE as soon as it comes out.
    Haven't finished the game cause I went on making side-quests instead of the main plot line.
    This release is a great reason to beat up the game finally.

You can pre-load the game now on Steam, it should be in your list now or very soon if you're eligible.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    You can pre-load the game now on Steam, it should be in your list now or very soon if you're eligible.
    I can confirm it has appeared in my games list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Got hundreds of hours into skyrim. Couldn't stand witcher 3 for 30 minutes.

Opinions be opinions.
    Got hundreds in both