Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnigast View Post
    Not sure how. In world content, you have your pet to tank. In what scenario do you not have time to build your shield up? Or, for that matter, why are you taking damage at all? I think the only time I ever take damage as a lock while out questing is when I go to the elite area in Suramar and try to solo the group quests there.
    Taking damage without a shield up has a chance to dismount you. Demon Skin nullifies that (most of the time). But I cannot live without Burning Rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    But post-patch, Demon Skin will be replaced by Demonic Circle, which is barely useful for EN encounters.
    Can't say I agree with "barely useful for EN." Demonic Circle comes in very handy in multiple fights. But, I see what you are saying in terms of previously having Demon Skin.

Nyth: Place circle before pull to either side where rot will be placed against the wall. Place portals to "safe zone." Avoid bugs during heart of the swarm. Click circle to return to original location. Cooldown is short enough that if you get rot at certain intervals you can run to wall and click circle back.

Ursoc: Not great. But if you know when you are soaking it can save you one trip! Can be placed before fight.

Dragons: [Mythic] Can be placed before fight and used to switch sides during sleep puddle portion of fight. [Heroic] Great for running over to havoc other boss and click circle back to current target (Shouldn't need it but still helpful for newer locks). Can be placed before fight as well.

Il'gynoth: [Mythic] Place before pull. Great for kiting adds out and returning to middle to get dps in before running add to eye. Or run add to the eye, click circle to return for heals and get out of swirl. Also, great for leaving eye when multiple raiders have debuff.

Spiderbird: Place circle before pull on web. Place portals for the rest of the raid on web to second platform and you can basically port the whole way to the second platform. [Mythic] More movement during second platform stage so great to place at a location your guild will be returning to as players shift around the platform. Also, great for returning if you have to run tornadoes out.

Cenarius: Place before pull (up to player where). I usually place it on the opposite side of the starting soak area for quick transition. If placement of circle isn't bad in regard to positioning, can be great for getting over poorly placed brambles or getting out of the raid with scorched touch.

Xavius: Place before raid to where blades will be taken. Or place in center to return from soaking add pools in second phase to help soak meteor.

I really hate the change. But not for the reason blizzard thinks.

I miss burning rush. Especially on that run back to attunmen in Kara.

My guild needs a warlock

I think demo looks retarded, how are affliction and destro ?

Quote Originally Posted by blamecanada View Post
    Can't say I agree with "barely useful for EN." Demonic Circle comes in very handy in multiple fights. But, I see what you are saying in terms of previously having Demon Skin.

Nyth: Place circle before pull to either side where rot will be placed against the wall. Place portals to "safe zone." Avoid bugs during heart of the swarm. Click circle to return to original location. Cooldown is short enough that if you get rot at certain intervals you can run to wall and click circle back.

Ursoc: Not great. But if you know when you are soaking it can save you one trip! Can be placed before fight.

Dragons: [Mythic] Can be placed before fight and used to switch sides during sleep puddle portion of fight. [Heroic] Great for running over to havoc other boss and click circle back to current target (Shouldn't need it but still helpful for newer locks). Can be placed before fight as well.

Il'gynoth: [Mythic] Place before pull. Great for kiting adds out and returning to middle to get dps in before running add to eye. Or run add to the eye, click circle to return for heals and get out of swirl. Also, great for leaving eye when multiple raiders have debuff.

Spiderbird: Place circle before pull on web. Place portals for the rest of the raid on web to second platform and you can basically port the whole way to the second platform. [Mythic] More movement during second platform stage so great to place at a location your guild will be returning to as players shift around the platform. Also, great for returning if you have to run tornadoes out.

Cenarius: Place before pull (up to player where). I usually place it on the opposite side of the starting soak area for quick transition. If placement of circle isn't bad in regard to positioning, can be great for getting over poorly placed brambles or getting out of the raid with scorched touch.

Xavius: Place before raid to where blades will be taken. Or place in center to return from soaking add pools in second phase to help soak meteor.
    Really nice info here. I am actually looking forward to using circle. I just don't see a reason to take Demon Skin now.

Lol @ Spiderbird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I really hate the change. But not for the reason blizzard thinks.

I miss burning rush. Especially on that run back to attunmen in Kara.
    Compared to WoD, with the cloak enchant and Burning Rush, I feel like the fat kid in gym class, huffing and puffing after my teammates with their bloody movement skills.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    My guild needs a warlock

Destro's solid as ever, I'd stay away from aff for now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by blamecanada View Post

Thanks much for being constructive! I get the uses, there's just a big effort/benefit ratio problem with circle and it stings losing skin for it.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    My guild needs a warlock

Destro is tons of fun!
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Destro will get nerfed soon. Havoc will transfer only 50% damage in PvP most likely. And it's effin insane - EVERY DAMAGING SPELL IS INSTA CAST. I cast only Fear in BGs, what the hell. That's too much. Lets enjoy while we can.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Circle is just fine, I used it during Mythic Cenarius kill to reposition out of shit way and on Mythic Xavius tries for positioning.

Also: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

23 million damage absorbed from my own absorbs on Mythic Cenarius, out of it 12 million is with Soul Leech. Would probably absorb a mil or two more with Demon Skin, but that's about it, really, not gonna cry myself to sleep over that and Circle did help me there too.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-26 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I cleared all of mythic EN without ever swapping away from burning rush, so not exactly required.

Change does suck, but I've just been playing with dark pact and shadowfury on all the time to get used to it and honestly its not a big deal at all.
    I definitely felt not having access to both Dark Pact and Demon Skin last night on Mythic Cenarius. I had to let off of my damage multiple times during thorns because I was a lot less tanky. I was able to take circle to help with clearing stacks earlier, but it is definitely an impactful change.

That's not to say that we're not okay now or something as a result, but it does matter and we are substantially less tanky than before, but we did pick up some utility as a consequence.

Sweet souls trait still bugged. Who cares about affliction warlocks losing arenas because of that? Ah right they nerfed affliction to the ground anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Sweet souls trait still bugged. Who cares about affliction warlocks losing arenas because of that? Ah right they nerfed affliction to the ground anyway.
    "We rather you didn't play Affliction" - Blizzard.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Honestly don't mind the changes, I'm happy to have my circle back. We never should've been able to have both demon skin and sac pact at the same time anyway.

However I believe they should swap Mortal Coil and Burning rush around. Or make burning rush baseline again. I understand they do not want us to be resilient and mobile at the same time, but burning rush offsets that by itself by costing HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I definitely felt not having access to both Dark Pact and Demon Skin last night on Mythic Cenarius. I had to let off of my damage multiple times during thorns because I was a lot less tanky. I was able to take circle to help with clearing stacks earlier, but it is definitely an impactful change.

That's not to say that we're not okay now or something as a result, but it does matter and we are substantially less tanky than before, but we did pick up some utility as a consequence.
    I didn't use dark pact at all on our first kills, started using it more recently just cause.

I end up having to throttle my dps on that fight regardless, only way I don't is if I have a healer babysitting me and that typically doesn't happen.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    actualy i made 1.7M gold with weed framing and i pay the sub with gold. this is the only reason why im not canceled my account already. they never get real money from me.

Blizzard fix for warlocks in 7.1 its basically we took your shield, you cant still move, but we buff your dmg by a small amount, Class fixed................i feel so betrayed with my class right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    actualy i made 1.7M gold with weed framing and i pay the sub with gold. this is the only reason why im not canceled my account already. they never get real money from me.
    Something something they are getting more money than normal sub fees something... I guess there can be a niche market someplace for framing weed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Are you talking about dark pact? Because iirc ice block is on a 5 minute cd and DP is 1 min. I can still eat almost an entire Nythendra breath with DP up, on Ursoc I can run out 10 yards with just DP if I get targeted with the charge. On Elerethe I can stand in all kinds of shit to squeeze out a few more casts with DP up.

So not sure why you're making stuff up.

--Edit--

Just to elaborate, this was my damage taken (looking at logs now) on our 3 mythic boss farm last night.

Nythendra: 26 mil, 14.5 mil of that absorbed

Elerethe: 17.8 mil, 9 mil of that absorbed

Ursoc: 27 mil, 13 mil of that absorbed.

Yep, still tanky.
    First off you don't want to take any hits from the breathe of nythendra because you don't wanna get any stacks, taking blink>dark pact every single fucking day there.
    Second in what world can you tank the full breath of nythendra with just dark pact? Are you playing some private server? The only time you get hit by breathe and can't run out is when you have rot at the same time and then you are just dead if you cant gate out, ice block >>>>>> dark pact and unending resolve any day there.
    On ursoc dark pact is actually really strong and makes your healers day much easier, but even then the fight is over if any of your dps die sooner, so it doesen't really matter if you are surviving cause the roars get so strong they 1shot you even if you are that tanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hish View Post
    First off you don't want to take any hits from the breathe of nythendra because you don't wanna get any stacks, taking blink>dark pact every single fucking day there.
    Second in what world can you tank the full breath of nythendra with just dark pact? Are you playing some private server? The only time you get hit by breathe and can't run out is when you have rot at the same time and then you are just dead if you cant gate out, ice block >>>>>> dark pact and unending resolve any day there.
    On ursoc dark pact is actually really strong and makes your healers day much easier, but even then the fight is over if any of your dps die sooner, so it doesen't really matter if you are surviving cause the roars get so strong they 1shot you even if you are that tanky.
    Yea ok guy, whatever you say. Guess locks aren't tanky at all and mages are better, you got me with your argument.

On Nythendra I don't eat a full breath for rot stacks but I can eat quite a bit if I have 0 stacks to get a couple casts off before moving. On Ursoc even towards the end of the fight the roar doesn't chunk me for much of my health and when targeted with the charge I barely have to run out that far because I can pop DP. I don't have to run out 40 yards just to survive.

But yeah, mages are better
    Last edited by Reaper11b; 2016-10-28 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Something something they are getting more money than normal sub fees something... I guess there can be a niche market someplace for framing weed.
    Weed Framing sounds like something that goes on in the underground Railway.