Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Legendary drop rate increased since patch?

My guild went from getting 1-2 legendaries a week. To getting 7 in 1 day from multiple sources, 7 different people and 1 person got their 2nd. Anyone else notice this? Or another case of RNG is RNG? The first reaction to them dropping was wow grats! Then when more were dropping was wtf...

Anyone else experience this?

Deleted
    yes it has been increased

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    yes it has been increased
    Except there's no documented changes or proof from a dev. So you can't really say "Yes it's been increased" unless you have a source. Best we have is from current trends, which could just be people finally getting lucky from their unlucky protection.

The same happened on my guild, yesterday 4 people got prydaz as their first legendary, it was extremely hilarious.

when i logged out today (eu, first day of patch), 8 people had gotten a legendary, 2 druids got the same item in like an hour lol what are the chances

Yeah today was crazy. Our guild got 8 legendaries from different sources

15+ Year Old Account
    my friend got his 1st legendary from an emissary quest last night, i still have yet to get one...

Deleted
    Yep, 3 in guild today alone (first day of the patch in EU). Previously we've had one or two a week, and I've seen a couple more drop for raid pugs tonight.

I've done every Emissary chest but day one's. Ran tons of dungeons. Clearing normal and heroic EN. Still no legendary. Fuck me, right?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Makes me feel so much better about still not having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw 11 people in my guild get them Tuesday, and I got two of them today.

My guess is they finally fixed that bug that they said they fixed almost a month ago.

Almost 20 for my guild today(including mine) which is preety crazy, there was around 100 people online during the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Done 3 emissaries today and all day mythics and heroics and no legendary so far. But I did see one guildie get one from an emissary quest.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

in before they accidentally increased the drop rate and reverse it before I can finally get my first, I guess I have to log in again and force my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I saw 11 people in my guild get them Tuesday, and I got two of them today.

My guess is they finally fixed that bug that they said they fixed almost a month ago.
    You mean the bug that didn't stop you from getting a legendary it just made you more likely to get one if you already had one? Yeah fixing that wouldn't mean people are suddenly getting their legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Best we have is from current trends, which could just be people finally getting lucky from their unlucky protection.
    More than likely this is the case here. I am willing to bet though they found a bug in the bad luck protection that wasn't allowing it to trigger. Chances are it has something to do with x amount of completed tasks that could merit a legendary and a bunch of people went past the threshold, once the bug was fixed it probably went into recoup mode.

This would also explain the lack of documentation of any changes, Blizzard probably learned from the last shit fit the community threw regarding people getting a 2nd legendary if they had already got the first that it would be better to leave the fix unreported.

Deleted
    The server came back up and we had 3 days worth of emissary quests... of course the drop rates on legendary increased over that period as even people who did not get them via the emissary increased the chance of getting one as a result of doing them.

TL;DR no change, we just had more opportunity open up in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    More than likely this is the case here. I am willing to bet though they found a bug in the bad luck protection that wasn't allowing it to trigger. Chances are it has something to do with x amount of completed tasks that could merit a legendary and a bunch of people went past the threshold, once the bug was fixed it probably went into recoup mode.

This would also explain the lack of documentation of any changes, Blizzard probably learned from the last shit fit the community threw regarding people getting a 2nd legendary if they had already got the first that it would be better to leave the fix unreported.
    If that is the case then I'd like my legendary. I couldn't tell you how many caches, mythics, withered training, raid kills I've done and still nothing.

I love people dismissing pure RNG as a bug that needed fixed instead of just believing Blizzard fixed the additional legendary chance bug a month ago like they said they did.

NO ONE here has any factual evidence that any drop rate was increased or decreased. It's all RNG, and the only evidence all you crazies have is anecdotal. No one in my guild has received a legendary this week yet. Does that mean the legendary drop chance decreased since the patch? No. It means RNG is fucking RNG and a lot of your guildies getting their first legendary most likely finally benefited from the bad luck protection that's been in the game since launch. Even with bad luck protection, you could STILL theoretically go half a year or more without a legendary because that is how RNG works. I got my first legendary on day three of the expansion. I have guildies who still haven't gotten theirs. I have guildies who have 4 legendaries. I have guildies who have 2. I have guildies who have 1. It's all fucking random. Any correlation you're seeing is because you want to see it, I.E. Apophenia.

Deleted
    We got 22 so far today in my guild