Thread: [Balance] Buff?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You can definitely get those numbers with double damage debuffs
    3 total heroic logs and 1 mythic log for Balance druids got to 500k on Xavius.

Mages, all of the top 10 are above 675k on heroic, above 650k on mythic.

Hunters: 600k+ heroic, 550k+ mythic. Locks are basically the same.

Priests are all over 800k on both difficulties.

But yeah druids are totally competitive with the other ranged classes /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mensrea View Post

Druids definitely need some love but Xavius just isn't a good comparison. It has tons of free passive cleave for Fire and MM and then it has S2M cheese for Spriests.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Druids definitely need some love but Xavius just isn't a good comparison. It has tons of free passive cleave for Fire and MM and then it has S2M cheese for Spriests.
    I was responding to a comment about Xavius, but on most fights balance will not be anywhere close to competitive with mages or shadow priests.

Tbh, tonight was the first night I really felt the difference in class dps.

I have been able to keep my top 3 spot on most fights, but tonight I saw that even tho I am better than most players in my group, some that were usually quite low got really buffed and started catching up to me and I was barely keeping up because well we do not get any love from blizzard.

I really hope we get buffed soon so that I don't get beaten by worst player all expansion long and can finally feel like I am strong somewhere..

I brought my fire mage that is 20 ilvl below my boomkin to our heroic farm run and I did 340k dps on ursoc... I was following some pretty good dps in our group with such a difference in ilvl and I felt like my boomkin sucked at that time since he is only doing better because I put more gear on him.

It never feels good to play a class that does not have any strong point for dps in a raid other than being easy to play and that he does not rely on rng.

Those points don't give you #1 spot on the logs.

I was responding to a comment about Xavius, but on most fights balance will not be anywhere close to competitive with mages or shadow priests.
    And it shouldn't, because mages, hunters, and spriests need heavy nerfing. We don't need more power creep.

Moonkins just need L2SecondClassCitizens. People cry about nostalgia all time so Blizz just delivered

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Commandor View Post
    Based on what are you stating your claim we are in a sweet spot? Because we are defnitely in the lower 50% percentile of the 24 DPS specs in WoW. That is not even remotely considered in a sweet spot.
    based on the average DPS across all bosses of the emerald nightmare in all %brackets.

it looks like in the lower (50% and below) end of the bracket we're in a pretty good spot. once we reach 50% - 95% we dip to the lower end of the scale only to bounce back up at 95% and above.

however at no point do we belong to either the top 5 DPS or the bottom 5 DPS.
    at least, not in overall damage averaging across all 7 bosses.

i don't consider the sweet spot as being "the top 50%" and anything belonging to the bottom 50% broken.
    i consider the top 25% a bit overpowered, the bottom 25% under powered and the middle 50% a sweet spot.

that's what i would call, a sweet spot.

Deleted
    all 24 specs can't be at top - thats why you as a person need to git gud.

in our raids our boomie is usually in top 5 well he does have his legendary helmet but still he is there.

people are so pathetic when their class itself can't pull more deeps out. we have shined a lot in the past, and we will proly shine again at one point.

so i still don't get all the complaints as all 24 specs can't be at the top.

boomies right now are fine - could be better sure. but they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    well he does have his legendary helmet.....
    this right here mostly

all 24 specs can't be at top - thats why you as a person need to git gud.

in our raids our boomie is usually in top 5 well he does have his legendary helmet but still he is there.

people are so pathetic when their class itself can't pull more deeps out. we have shined a lot in the past, and we will proly shine again at one point.

boomies right now are fine - could be better sure. but they are fine.
    No class is fine if its being benched for mythic progression. It's really that simple.
    "yeah but there are moonkins raiding and putting out good numbers" almost all of them have legendary helmet. so yes there is reason to complain. Seeing as we cleared current content I am gearing up hunter for next raids as I am done having such a wide damage difference with other specs. ty

I was 2nd place on all bosses in our normal EN run yesterday, without any legendary. With 220k dps, because I play in a highly casual guild and I have barely 855 ilvl. Does that make our class fine?

We just want the spec to be in a place where we can make the difference with actual player skill. Blizzard always claimed they wanted all specs to be within 5% of each other. We are very, very far off that mark.

And have you checked the 75th percentiles for M+?
    - keystone level 2 : boomkin at 180k dps, top class at 300k (60% of top performing spec)
    - keystone level 5 : boomkin at 225k, top at 320k (70% of top performing spec)
    - keystone level 10 : boomkin at 210k, top at 300k (70% of top performing spec)

Unsurprisingly, we do slightly better when mobs last longer, but we are in no way "fine".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    I was 2nd place on all bosses in our normal EN run yesterday, without any legendary. With 220k dps, because I play in a highly casual guild and I have barely 855 ilvl. Does that make our class fine?

We just want the spec to be in a place where we can make the difference with actual player skill. Blizzard always claimed they wanted all specs to be within 5% of each other. We are very, very far off that mark.

And have you checked the 75th percentiles for M+?
    - keystone level 2 : boomkin at 180k dps, top class at 300k (60% of top performing spec)
    - keystone level 5 : boomkin at 225k, top at 320k (70% of top performing spec)
    - keystone level 10 : boomkin at 210k, top at 300k (70% of top performing spec)

Unsurprisingly, we do slightly better when mobs last longer, but we are in no way "fine".
    "player skill" was removed from the game ages ago.

currently our rotation is so rubbish, some could say that it actually only requires iq to place a correct starfall, as it was simple a spread aoe in the past. But the only ability in the game you can throw bad, if you are using it at all...

but meh atm. there are no micro-management.

use moon when ever.

keep dots up.

spend starsurge for not cap on astral power

use wrath/strike for not cap on stacks.

you need to overhaul the darn rotation, if you want "skills" etc for the class. boomies doing 50% more dmg or less will not make it "harder" or "easier"

[Balance] Buff?

"player skill" was removed from the game ages ago.

currently our rotation is so rubbish, some could say that it actually only requires iq to place a correct starfall, as it was simple a spread aoe in the past. But the only ability in the game you can throw bad, if you are using it at all...

but meh atm. there are no micro-management.

use moon when ever.

keep dots up.

spend starsurge for not cap on astral power

use wrath/strike for not cap on stacks.

you need to overhaul the darn rotation, if you want "skills" etc for the class. boomies doing 50% more dmg or less will not make it "harder" or "easier"
    No one is bothered by how easy or boring the rotation is. It's not about skills. Strong book kind at easily outperforming weaker ones.

It's about damage, or lack thereof in 99% of all situations right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    No one is bothered by how easy or boring the rotation is. It's not about skills. Strong book kind at easily outperforming weaker ones.

It's about damage, or lack thereof in 99% of all situations right now
    I know right - but currently i was quoting/replying to a person who brought that up - so no need to tell me....... has people forgot how this works.

Not sure why you're replying to my post. What others are parsing has nothing to do with what numbers Boomkins can do on Xavius, which is all my post was referencing.
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2016-10-27 at 05:10 PM.