Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Legendaries are not REQUIRED for ANYONE to progress in ANY content whatsoever. They are purely a bonus if people happen to have them. They are not overpowered and not REQUIRED to progress. Period.
    When legendaries can bring up to 40k DPS increase, they are far from optional bonus. Win the RNG to get the right Leges or sit in the bench for the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Apsychicrat View Post
    I think the only problem with the current system is how people such as yourself behave, EXPEXTING the bonuses, i liked the wrath/cata way, but this way is also good. this way just doesnt have a defined end really and thats not a problem for an MMO, thats only a problem for games you want to stop playing eventually
    I repeat: what is the difference between wt/tf and a new piece from the next tier? Upgrade is an upgrade, you expect it cause you want to progress your character further. Only that wf/tf is a bigger RNG game.

It is pure RNG.

I have very similar /played and mythic dungeons completed to a guildie.

I have 1 crappy legendary.

This guy has 5, all class specific, not the pvp ring not the absorb neck. He has BiS ST and BiS AoE.

It is a lottery, and I keep losing!

I don't care if it is RNG or not.
    It made think it is, and pissed me off. Thus I unsub before switching to other games. End of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    It is pure RNG.

I have very similar /played and mythic dungeons completed to a guildie.

I have 1 crappy legendary.

This guy has 5, all class specific, not the pvp ring not the absorb neck. He has BiS ST and BiS AoE.

It is a lottery, and I keep losing!
    Honest question, would you rather have a hard cap that you cant have the possibility of getting better gear from the lower end content you do? Because when you do higher difficulty content, there is no lottery. You get 880 ilvl gear as a BASE doing mythic raiding.

What would your complaint be, and presumably many other of these "world is ending because of all the RNG in legion!" naysayers be if the only way you could progress your character is do content you dont like doing, or that you are unwililng to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    There's nothing to damage control because the RNG that IS there, isn't bad. Its all a benefit to the players and a bonus.

What, would you rather have a system that all you get is points from killing bosses, and you spend those points on the best gear?

So any mouth breather with massive amounts of time can farm boars, get points and have 895 ilvl mythic raiding gear? Yeah that's not happening. Blizzard won't let that happen to their game. I love how the RNG is in this expansion because its just pure 100% bonus to existing base ilvl gear. Thats it. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Do higher level content and you will get higher ilvl gear. Or did you forget how MMO gearing works?
    Other MMO's sure but not Wow. Wow the only game were you do a hit a training dummy quest and turn an 805 piece of gear into an 880, lol. Besides I run Mythic with a static grp so it tends to be slower and can only progress as far as the grp and the keystones allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Didn't read OP. Legion is blatantly infested with RNG mechanics. Cooking is a prime example.
    one of the best things i have read about legion so far and def true

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I repeat: what is the difference between wt/tf and a new piece from the next tier? Upgrade is an upgrade, you expect it cause you want to progress your character further. Only that wf/tf is a bigger RNG game.
    so stop gunning for the warforged and just take it when it happens, stop expecting it. the other gear is far far more likely to come your way

The raid gear is not ideal, the better itemised pieces for me personally come from grinding mythic plus, which I just dont have the time to do.

I have always thought the best gear should come from raiding, with some very minor exceptions.

But when I have to ride the RNG train through multiple mythics to possibly get that TF piece with perfect stats over 880 ilvl, I really start to dislike it.

The problem is that legendaries are SO spec changing, like my 2 BiS will net me almost 20% dps increase, so without them, I feel like I am playing an under performing spec through no fault of my own. I check logs religiously, and my uptimes and rotation are good, the only difference between me and the 99% parses is gear, which is so wildly fluctuating.

Gear has always been the difference in high parses when everyone has same skill, but you had ONE item to get, or maybe two, but the stats were set and you knew if it dropped it was an upgrade. So many pieces need to fall in to place now to be competitive, make sure you have bis, make sure you got 1 in 10000 roll on your mythic plus loot.

Then there is blizzards weird notion of removing primaries from jewelry and weighting secondaries so hard, it is even worse than everyone thought it was when reforging was a thing, which personally I think should be brought back. This has led to all the raid jewelry regardless of ilvl being a downgrade for my spec.

This is not an action RPG, it is an MMORPG, it needs a more concrete loot system, you can't just tack on D3 style loot RNG in to an MMO.

Too much RNG gearing.

Higher level items are not even best in slot.

The sooner WoW devs admit defeat the sooner things can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Apsychicrat View Post
    so stop gunning for the warforged and just take it when it happens, stop expecting it. the other gear is far far more likely to come your way
    So you admit its more RNG.
    It wouldnt be a problem if it was the only issue. But wf/tf/sockets + legendaries (rng on top of rng, try to get one AND get a good one) + proffesions + mythic keystones types = TOO MUCH of rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So you admit its more RNG.
    It wouldnt be a problem if it was the only issue. But wf/tf/sockets + legendaries (rng on top of rng, try to get one AND get a good one) + proffesions + mythic keystones types = TOO MUCH of rng.
    Yes. Normal RNG is this: An predefined item with fixed stats and fixed amount of sockets (if any) drops from a boss or not, probably on top the RNG of you winning the roll, if this item is contested and not PL.

What we have now are multiple layers of RNG ON TOP to the usual RNG we had before.

The RNG is that thing that is cool to hate on because miserable idiots (most of the community it seems) needs something to hate on in every expansion. Take away the legendaries and warforged/titanforged and you end up with a situation where people stop running content. But maybe that's what people want? Just run the dungeons 3-4 times, do the raid until you have the gear and then quit. Personally I'd rather take this system which keeps me engaged and keeps me interested in doing dungeons and raids every week rather than how it was before when you ended up AFK in a major city most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    There's already 10000000 threads discussing legendaries. Why did you need to start the 10,000,001nd one?
    I've spend 5 minutes trying to work out how you'd say that, pretty sure I've given my self a brain aneurysm.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-10-27 at 10:53 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    the 10000001nd one?
    sorry, had to be done

Legion is BY FAR the most RNG based expansion of WoW's existence.

RNG was emphasised by Blizzard since they feel it's "fun".

Deleted
    Guys guys there is no RNG in Legion, i dropped a 880 relic from a wq, i totally deserve it, i mean, killing rares is tough stuff.

Its a Jaylock thread people...

Did everybody suddenly forget about him?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Yes. Normal RNG is this: An predefined item with fixed stats and fixed amount of sockets (if any) drops from a boss or not, probably on top the RNG of you winning the roll, if this item is contested and not PL.

What we have now are multiple layers of RNG ON TOP to the usual RNG we had before.
    but this additional layer you make such a big deal over is not your goal. that old model is still there as it always has been, but now there is a chance that that static piece of gear you want is slightly better for one reason or another. just gun for the base item and if a better one comes out cheer and be happy. dont treat the base item like its a sack of crap

Am I the only one that noticed Jaylock is a Trump supporter? LOL how does one take a trump supporter seriously?