Deleted

Shadow Priests in Karazhan - Tips and Tricks

Going in to Karazhan tommorow or Friday so decided to make this thread and ask a few question for those who have done it or are preparing to do it sooner than that.

Standard raid StM or...?
    The kill times between bosses seem to hint that we could get Surrender on almost every boss but if you wipe... yeah, DPS on the next attempt will be barely noticeable.

The trash seems to be overtuned so I think PI with it's short CD will help on some of the packs to get in to higher VF stacks.

Basic Tips and Tricks, folks - share your experience, how to and when to do X, Y and Z!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go StM at all. Standard Legacy build worked well for me. In Kara there is so much movement and mechanics StM would not be useful.
    Most trash are 3-4 packs so we aren't terrible. There isn't really any game changing class wise for any part of it that I noticed.

It was very fun and nostalgic with enough new aspects to enjoy learning. The instance is beautiful (and I loved the first one) and the lore is good as well. I could answer more specific questions if you had any.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cast Shadow Mend on yourself on Maiden of Virtue before she casts Mass Repentance. Save yourself and your healer from a nastier dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Riotcat View Post
    Cast Shadow Mend on yourself on Maiden of Virtue before she casts Mass Repentance. Save yourself and your healer from a nastier dot.
    Oh shit thats pretty awesome, didn't think of that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Oh shit thats pretty awesome, didn't think of that
    Me neither! Nice tip Riotcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Riotcat View Post
    Or cast it on everyone, sheeeit

Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne View Post
    I wouldn't go StM at all. Standard Legacy build worked well for me. In Kara there is so much movement and mechanics StM would not be useful.
    Wouldn't that be exactly the reason why you should go S2M?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    Wouldn't that be exactly the reason why you should go S2M?
    I should have been clearer. There is a lot of a target switching on each fight, with the bosses having a lot of health which makes it hard to guess how much longer the fight will last. Also without much burn time in any execute phases I just can't seeing be able to get to the high StM VF stacks. The movement on the final boss he goes from platform to platform so the fight is extremely segmented so either you are dying on a phase change due to insanity loss or you have a late StM and don't get to the high VF stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne View Post
    I should have been clearer. There is a lot of a target switching on each fight, with the bosses having a lot of health which makes it hard to guess how much longer the fight will last. Also without much burn time in any execute phases I just can't seeing be able to get to the high StM VF stacks. The movement on the final boss he goes from platform to platform so the fight is extremely segmented so either you are dying on a phase change due to insanity loss or you have a late StM and don't get to the high VF stacks.
    I had to run KZ as holy, but I saw much S2M potential there. I believe the best way is go with S2M as lvl100 talent and just don't use where you can't (last boss, as you said).

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to run KZ as holy, but I saw much S2M potential there. I believe the best way is go with S2M as lvl100 talent and just don't use where you can't (last boss, as you said).
    My biggest qualm is that it isn't mythic+ or overly hard so it isn't a huge advantage (if at all, for the whole instance). There are a few fights that it would be able to shine (Medivh, mana wyrm)

S2M for opera, maiden, huntsman, medivh and mana devourer.

LotV for moroes, curator and last boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Annesh - You can try, you'll probably find you run out of mana or time well beforehand. Yourself + 1 other is about all the time you really get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    S2M for opera, maiden, huntsman, medivh and mana devourer.

LotV for moroes, curator and last boss.
    Curator seemed to be the perfect boss for S2M. High health, takes double damage most likely when we're deep into VF.

Deleted
    Have any of you tried Shadow Crash in there? Tank has IRL stuff so my run is postponed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Have any of you tried Shadow Crash in there? Tank has IRL stuff so my run is postponed...
    PI is better, there aren't enough huge trash pulls to warrant it.

Deleted
    Curator seemed to be the perfect boss for S2M. High health, takes double damage most likely when we're deep into VF.
    StM is definitely the way to go for curator i used it in the beginning and was able to do huge dmg in the increased dmg phase