Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The obvious solution is to nerf/remove S2M, AND give significant buffs to our pre-S2M dmg. Most importantly get rid of the "die when expires" mechanic...
    LOL no. Shadow isn't supposed to be among the top, you want to be hybrid, you gotta suffer for it, as is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    you want to be hybrid, you gotta suffer for it, as is fair.
    I'm not sure what WoW you have been playing, but in the one that I have been playing, "hybrid tax" was abolished two or three expansions ago.

LOL no. Shadow isn't supposed to be among the top, you want to be hybrid, you gotta suffer for it, as is fair.
    Never get into any kind of game development.

Ever.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Surrender to Madness is clearly a problem and needs to be substantially rethought.

It's still early in the week, but it's pretty clear that BM, frost mage, outlaw, unholy, and survival deserve buffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Surrender to Madness is clearly a problem and needs to be substantially rethought.
    This is what Shadow Priests have been saying ever since beta. Very few people actually enjoy it. The fact that the other 2 talents are negligible DPS increases doesn't really help either. So not only is S2M horribly overpowered, the other two talents are just shitty on their own and don't really provide any DPS increase. Nice job, Blizzard.

It's shit like this that makes me question why we have 6+ months of alpha/beta, when obviously broken shit doesn't get fixed or tuned correctly.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-27 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'm not sure what WoW you have been playing, but in the one that I have been playing, "hybrid tax" was abolished two or three expansions ago.
    hybrid tax was still used by developers even after they claimed it was gone, confirmed by GC iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's it. I'm rolling a Mage. Will be an alt for now, but who knows, if I like it, I'll main it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    They understand STM is the problem... they also understand what the community has told them that kneejerk nerfs are not the way to go because it breaks perfectly balanced pieces of priest and also affects them outside of a raiding environment, so they might as well hold of and just wait until they can do it properly because lets face it there's probably going to be a considerable size patch with nighthold.

People whine about affliction being bad but demo/destro are absolutely fine and on certain encounters absolutely beast the meters, just warlocks want every single spec to be absolutely the best and put in little effort to be no1, which has always been the case because of how whiney that community is in general when they are far ahead of a mage.
    Wat. All of my whats. Are really still people who marginalize certain classes as being closed communities with little understanding of other classes? Are you really implying all of the people who play warlock "whiney" and "[want to] put in little effort to be no1"? (if so, fuck you, thanks?)

what does being a hybrid have to do with anything? At the moment they are killing a boss he is a dps just like all the other casters and should be balanced around that. It's not like he will magically transform into a holy priest mid fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Hybrids had the ability to switch in the middle of the fight to a tank or healer, then sure, but during the fight they ARE a DPS whether they have the ability to change spec to tank or heals or not. So your argument is extremely retarded.

If we followed your logic, Druids would be the weakest at every roll since they have 4 specs. Yet they are literally the best tanks and arguably the best PvE healers and both their DPS specs are doing good as well.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-27 at 06:58 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

These lists are basically worthless now because they don't filter by legendaries. Fire is mediocre without good legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    These lists are basically worthless now because they don't filter by legendaries. Fire is mediocre without good legendaries.
    Fire's burst + legendaries is the only reasons we're even competitive. Our sustain outside of cd's is fucking abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    That isn't true, because they include all players, with legendaries or not. Unless you're saying Fire has a higher legendary droprate than other specs and classes, which would be a pretty big surprise to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    LEGION is definitively not kind to warlocks. For a class with 3 dps speccs this is somewhat frustrating.
    Yeah, Elemental has been frustrating as well.

Affliction is parsing #2 overall in mythic, and both demo and destro are middle of the pack on heroic. Still very early in the week, but warlocks tentatively look OK now.

Elemental is a bit low, but basically middle of the pack in both difficulties. Not great but not in the toilet like frost mages, BM/survival hunters, and unholy DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    the only class they knee jerk nerfed was outlaw rogues... which in there words was stupid.

difference is for shadow, one talent is breaking the whole spec everything else outside of that talent is absolutely fine, do you just propose they give a 20% dmg nerf for 1 talent and absolutely hammer the class into nothingness outside of raiding? it's better they just leave it till they can fix it properly.
    Havoc says hi.

I'm an Unholy Death Knight. Feels bad man.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That isn't true, because they include all players, with legendaries or not. Unless you're saying Fire has a higher legendary droprate than other specs and classes, which would be a pretty big surprise to everybody.
    It is right, because the top end fire mages with the right legendaries are like shadow, they're so far above other specs that it weighs the entire class higher than it should be.

There are tons of spriests out there that can't use STM well and have shit legendaries that don't even reliably sit on top of the meters, even at 75% you still see the weighing effect of the better players with more gear and better legendaries: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/#dataset=100.

At the 50th percentile all you see is a regression to the mean, so the outliers at the top are still at the top, meanwhile the specs in the middle are shifted around.

These stats are worthless because you can't discard outliers.

And we don't even need to understand statistics (as rudimentary as an understanding as you need to have to know why these graphs are useless), just look at raids where one mage has the right legendaries and others don't. I'm sure just being better at the game in top 20 guilds is the 40-80k difference in DPS on a fight without padding or gimmicks like Xavius, while the other fires are down there amongst everyone else.

Meanwhile the #2 Arcane parse on Ursoc isn't using the legs (the good legendary) and is ranked 47 overall for mages with nearly everyone above him having the bracers, ring, or both, mostly needing good RNG with the bracers and a good kill time to pull much ahead. Arcane is already out ahead of Fire, and Fire got nerfed because people keep thinking it's stronger than it is while looking at bad graphs like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yeah, Elemental has been frustrating as well.
    This is since Cataclysm the case. I remember playing elemental in cataclysm and it was very frustrating and it seems it is still the case. Blizzard seem to not really care about elemental

It's curious why Demon Hunters get to have better aoe, more ranged abilities and more mobility than Ret simultaneously. Between my trinket, cloak enchant and Pursuit of Justice talent I had close to 150% running speed on my Ret in WoD. Now it's down to 100%. That kind of sort of makes a big difference when boss mechanics involve you having to get away from and back to a boss. Lot's of less dps time on target dealing with all the transit time to and from.